ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Even God doesn't override free will.
True facts brother we all are free to make our own decisions ... Mark Pope can't handcuff the players on visits to the craft center door and not let them leave without signing.

Facts are MP is a relative unknown (to most recruits) stepping into a job where he's playing catch-up already late into portal when most players HS/portal already have a destination.
I feel we will be a decent team but the real recruiting starts next year.

I'm positive MP will pull players just fine. He pulled a whole roster in a few weeks after being far behind the 8 ball, we should be a pretty good team..... Coach will have a lot longer to work on all the upcoming classes.

Hi guys and gals. Haven’t got to post anything yet today so I’m just going to recap what everyone else has and then give my opinion. Blah, blah blah and in my opinion, blah blah blah blah. I’ll be back tomorrow to give you all more so stay tuned. Ha. Seriously, this staff is really working hard right now and is trying their very best to put us in great position this season. I believe they’re going to have us playing some really fun tough basketball and win a lot of games. Absolutely love this roster so far and hope we can add one or two quality players but we’re going to be really good either way. You all have a good one

I agree 100%. The kid's from Nashville. Those kids don't grow up hearing about Vanderbilt. :cool: They grow up hearing about and thinking about U.T. I have never thought we had a meaningful chance to land Lanier. It's a compliment to Coach Pope, in my opinion, and a compliment to the prestige of the U.K. program, that Lanier took the visit. But ... I repeat -- IMHO, Coach Pope really never had a chance.
Nevertheless ... Go 'Cats ! ! !
Nashville is west Kentucky’s largest city. Lots of UK ALUMS and interests in UK. I would not shut the door.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

So the bigger question is whether or not Rust and Marty truly solved the crime in True Detective season 1.

I know they took down Errol Childress, but what about the rest of the Tuttles? What about the government authorities they were tied to?

I'd love to see another season of True Detective where Marty and Rust explore the network of Satanic killers even more.

Question is, do you kill off both Rust and Marty in a Season 5, or just one of them?

Thoughts?

I think you answered your own question.
Here's the bigger question:

Is Trilly Donovan the Yellow King that True Detective show writer Nic Pizzalatto was clearly suggesting actually exists?

I think there's a good chance he's behind all these missing people cases. He seems to know everything and be everywhere.

2a2701c0-13d4-0133-50a7-0ec273752cbd.gif

So the bigger question is whether or not Rust and Marty truly solved the crime in True Detective season 1.

I know they took down Errol Childress, but what about the rest of the Tuttles? What about the government authorities they were tied to?

I'd love to see another season of True Detective where Marty and Rust explore the network of Satanic killers even more.

Question is, do you kill off both Rust and Marty in a Season 5, or just one of them?

Thoughts?
Should’ve always been the direction of the show, tracing the Tuttles and their organization.

Season 1 of True Detective is IMO the single best season of any television show. Subsequent seasons not so much.

Dyslexia is just a kind way to say Illiterate. I know this because I'm a teacher.
After all of the nonsense you've been spouting on this board, I knew you were an idiot and I was thinking about just blocking you, but I didn't. Now, you've shown that you are an idiot and off to the land of the blocked posters you go!

Reactions: BBUK
Him saying that is classless honestly. Dyslexia is frustrating as hell sometimes but by no means does it mean you are illiterate.

My son, when he was 7 or 8 made a calendar drawing of a month. It was perfectly like it was held up to a mirror backwards. Never saw anything like it previously or since...

He is nearing 40 now. Has a near photographic memory. He is amazing to be around....especially if you realize his memory. The boy has degree's out the... he is a nurse by trade. I think an NP now.

After all of the nonsense you've been spouting on this board, I knew you were an idiot and I was thinking about just blocking you, but I didn't. Now, you've shown that you are an idiot and off to the land of the blocked posters you go!

Going to do that myself. (Not that it matters what I do but it is time...)

Reactions: ib4ky and KFuqua
They haven’t signed a mid level player yet, they have signed a lot of good player who fit his system perfectly. The issue is a lot of you don’t understand roster construction and how he had to get players who would stay here multiple years to build the foundation. A lot of you just look at the transfer portal list and wanted pope to sign the top 5 guys on the list.
Everyone we have signed is a mid level player, what are you even talking about? Also there are no sure fire stay multiple year players in the portal era.

You say we want to sign the top 5 players on the list, absolutely! I want to sign some top players to go along with the role players. You seemingly want to sign a bunch of 2nd tier players and save money for 2nd tier players the following year.

So are we going to live by the 3, die by the 3 under Pope? Fueger said the goal was 35 attempts per game? I think that would explain the roster choices.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I wanted Osobor, too. But, he’s not worth $2M. I would’ve moved on as well. If I’m giving that kinda $ to a player he better be able to shoot outside of 3 feet. He’s a really good piece, but, he’s not the number 1 option that we’re missing.

He scores on dunks & putbacks & is completely worthless outside of the paint, in terms of scoring. He’s a next level defender, passer & rebounder though & that’s why I wanted him at a realistic price. But, adding him wouldn’t have changed anything about our current lack of an offensive stud. $2M for him is borderline delusional.
Osobor got $2 million just like we have Georgia football money in NIL.

Everyone we have signed is a mid level player, what are you even talking about? Also there are no sure fire stay multiple year players in the portal era.

You say we want to sign the top 5 players on the list, absolutely! I want to sign some top players to go along with the role players. You seemingly want to sign a bunch of 2nd tier players and save money for 2nd tier players the following year.
I don’t want to sign second tier players, and Kentucky hasn’t don’t that either.

We went to 4 Final Fours without running an offense. That’s amazing. Imagine how many points we could have scored against Alabama if we actually ran an offense.

I bet we beat Arkansas by 30, a real offense vs screaming go.
James you are aware the team that has won back-back national championships runs one of the most complex systems in basketball, with numerous reads and motions off of it. And they did it with guys from East Carolina, and cam Spencer who wasn’t even ranked as a recruit. But according to you guys like that would be second tier players.

Last edited:
Reactions: ib4ky and BBUK
James you are aware the team that has won back-back national championships runs one of the most complex systems in basketball, with numerous reads and motions off of it. And they did it with guys from East Carolina, and cam Spencer who wasn’t even ranked as a recruit. But according to you guy like that would be second tier players.

It's aware, at least as of two days ago... I never was one to block posters and up until a week or so after Cow left I had not but I have blocked a slew of posters since (I am sure many have me blocked as well.). Just not going to waste time reading posts from "troublemakers". (That is about the worst thing you can call anybody in my book.)

@Dontworryboutit23 watching Trilly's Twitter feed right now, waiting for word from the Yellow King...

tumblr_mzoy1wdk291qclvcho1_500.gif
I actually don’t have his discord, the new Twitter media, that dumb group that tracks planes, they tweet out stuff the exact second he does something. That’s how I see it most of the time. I’m not paying money for recruiting info, I’m not that desperate.

If like gives you lemons, make lemonade.

If life gives you melons your probably dyslexic. 😃

No harm meant just trying to lighten the mood.
No problem with this one, I can take silly jokes. But when you claim to be a teacher and then say people with dyslexia are illiterate, which couldn’t be further from the truth, then you are a just a giant POS.

Last edited:
James you are aware the team that has won back-back national championships runs one of the most complex systems in basketball, with numerous reads and motions off of it. And they did it with guys from East Carolina, and cam Spencer who wasn’t even ranked as a recruit. But according to you guys like that would be second tier players.
Well cool, maybe we can run out the region 13 all star team and run a complex system since that’s all you need to win. That’s the exception to the rule, thank goodness this isn’t 2019 because you would be wanting to emulate Virginia basketball and Tony Bennet. Getting the best talent that fits your system will always give you the best chance to win. UConn hadn’t even won a tournament game since 2016 before catching lightning in a bottle the last 2 years. They got some surprises in the lower ranked guys that they got, but again, that’s the exception to the rule.

Well cool, maybe we can run out the region 13 all star team and run a complex system since that’s all you need to win. That’s the exception to the rule, thank goodness this isn’t 2019 because you would be wanting to emulate Virginia basketball and Tony Bennet. Getting the best talent that fits your system will always give you the best chance to win. UConn hadn’t even won a tournament game since 2016 before catching lightning in a bottle the last 2 years. They got some surprises in the lower ranked guys that they got, but again, that’s the exception to the rule.
You don’t know if he has gotten the best talent to fit his system or not yet. You haven’t seen a single guy on the team play for Kentucky yet.

You don’t know if he has gotten the best talent to fit his system or not yet. You haven’t seen a single guy on the team play for Kentucky yet.
Yup, and you don’t know that a bunch of 13th region All Stars aren’t the best players either. Since we don’t know why don’t we just recruit a team of all Kentucky players.

Maybe we should forget recruiting AJ Dybantsa and concentrate on EJ Walker. They both the same size and like you say, we haven’t seen them play for Kentucky yet so we don’t know who fits Popes system better. EJ is a Kentucky kid and we would save NIL money.

Oh wait, that’s completely ridiculous. We do have a general idea who the better players are and we also know having better players is more conducive to winning. I’ve never seen someone fight so hard for the honor of less talented players.

Yup, and you don’t know that a bunch of 13th region All Stars aren’t the best players either. Since we don’t know why don’t we just recruit a team of all Kentucky players.

Maybe we should forget recruiting AJ Dybantsa and concentrate on EJ Walker. They both the same size and like you say, we haven’t seen them play for Kentucky yet so we don’t know who fits Popes system better. EJ is a Kentucky kid and we would save NIL money.

Oh wait, that’s completely ridiculous. We do have a general idea who the better players are and we also know having better players is more conducive to winning. I’ve never seen someone fight so hard for the honor of less talented players.

What are you arguing again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT