ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Dyslexia is just a kind way to say Illiterate. I know this because I'm a teacher.
Dyslexia is a severe processing problem in the brain. It is NOT a sign of illiteracy. I was a teacher at 4 levels: Elementary, Middle School, High School, and technical college (GED Program). Look up videos on Dinghy Sharp-One of the renown experts on Dyslexia. Watched her during several school inservices.

Dyslexia is a severe processing problem in the brain. It is NOT a sign of illiteracy. I was a teacher at 4 levels: Elementary, Middle School, High School, and technical college (GED Program). Look up videos on Dinghy Sharp-One of the renown experts on Dyslexia. Watched her during several school inservices.
You can say that until you are blue in the face but I have worked with people with dyslexia at the High School level who were suddenly cured after I was done with them so how are you going to suggest to me my personal experience is wrong? A lot of "experts" in education are wrong about a slew of things.

Him saying that is classless honestly. Dyslexia is frustrating as hell sometimes but by no means does it mean you are illiterate.

Reactions: KFuqua
You can say that until you are blue in the face but I have worked with people with dyslexia at the High School level who were suddenly cured after I was done with them so how are you going to suggest to me my personal experience is wrong? A lot of "experts" in education are wrong about a slew of things.
Tbh, that sounds like high schoolers that weren’t accurately diagnosed as dyslexic. Actual dyslexia doesn’t just “cure”. It’s a problem with processing information in your brain.

I’m looking forward to not expecting to lose games, and actually listening to a human being in pressers. Not a salestron 3000.
I do agree we need Robinson or Lanier, but guys like Chandler or Oweh are due for rises in their production. Any production from Chandler would be a rise in production

Someone start a Dyslexia thread....is it even real? Tune in....why hasnt pope won a championship in 2 months of being at uk as well...he has alot to answer for....ideally this curves back somewhat to a lanier thread....but I also love sifting thru like 8 pages of nonsense for the last update... carry on

Reactions: delk4three
30 pages? WTF is going on here? Take your childish BS offline and exchange numbers, fellas.

anchor-man-ron-burgundy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BassProCat
Someone start a Dyslexia thread....is it even real? Tune in....why hasnt pope won a championship in 2 months of being at uk as well...he has alot to answer for....ideally this curves back somewhat to a lanier thread....but I also love sifting thru like 8 pages of nonsense for the last update... carry on

Full derailment ends by page 8.

If there were any updates we would post them. There is literally nothing at all.

You're just way wrong on this one. Confidently so, even.
I'm confident. You're right about that. If you invested time in a student to help them become more literate after a dyslexia diagnosis you'd be pretty confident in what I'm saying too. But clearly you've never done that.

Kentucky's best teams since probabtion:

1993: 30-4. One NBA All-Star, Jamal Mashburn. Four NBA players.

1996: 34-2. One NBA All-Star, Antoine Walker. Nine NBA players.

1997: 35-5. One first team All-American, Ron Mercer. One NBA All-Star, Jamaal Magloire. Six NBA players.

1998: 35-4. One NBA All-Star, Jamaal Magloire. Five NBA players.

2010: 35-3. Two NBA All-Stars, John Wall and Boogie Cousins. 8 NBA players.

2012: 38-2. One NBA All-Star, Anthony Davis. Six NBA players.

2015: 38-1. Two NBA All-Stars, Karl Towns and Devin Booker. Nine NBA players.

So basically none of these teams had a roster WITHOUT a future NBA All-Star. All of them also featured guys who were on the first, second, or third team All-American list (with the exception being Kentucky, which had 7 rotation players with Final Four experience - some multiple Final Fours). Each of them had rosters with multiple future first round picks (even 1998, which had FOUR).

Does anyone actually think this present UK roster is remotely close to those teams?

We're not winning a title with our roster as is. In fact, we'd be lucky to get out of the first weekend.

I'm fine with that. It's a stopgap year. But I'm not fine with some of you playing make believe and depending on some historical anomaly where this team of role players somehow burns it up this year by winning four straight tourney games to advance to the Final Four.

At present, the talent simply isn't there.
Oh man. We are screwed!

I, for one, am just glad as I’m sure other parents are too that Butters’ Dad is teaching today’s youth and single handedly curing “illiteracy.”

Your not illiterate. That was a rude and tasteless comment.
My niece battles dyslexia and the feeling of being second class to her classmates because of it. She's in grade school and I'm very proud of her for doing her very best.
no f'ng way man! ha ha ha. this board is better than watching comedy central.

Your not illiterate. That was a rude and tasteless comment.
My niece battles dyslexia and the feeling of being second class to her classmates because of it. She's in grade school and I'm very proud of her for doing her very best.
Appreciate it. And god bless her, especially at a young age you get really frustrated seeing others do something so well, and yourself needing extra time. Making fun of a legit disability is about as low a person can go.

Reactions: Catfan2226
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT