ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

I wanted Osobor, too. But, he’s not worth $2M. I would’ve moved on as well. If I’m giving that kinda $ to a player he better be able to shoot outside of 3 feet. He’s a really good piece, but, he’s not the number 1 option that we’re missing.

He scores on dunks & putbacks & is completely worthless outside of the paint, in terms of scoring. He’s a next level defender, passer & rebounder though & that’s why I wanted him at a realistic price. But, adding him wouldn’t have changed anything about our current lack of an offensive stud. $2M for him is borderline delusional.
I know. I wanted him for his rebounding and passing. His passing out of the post was perfect for Pope’s system. But at some point, the checkbook is gonna have to be opened. If you want to be a top program, you gotta pay the money.

You're right. It's definitely me who doesn't know exactly what I am and am not saying and not you getting confused by perfect English.
The first step is accepting that your the problem. Go look in the mirror get better and come back later. We can talk when you actually have legit beef. Until then go kick rocks, or jump off a cliff.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua and NociHTTP
I know. I wanted him for his rebounding and passing. His passing out of the post was perfect for Pope’s system. But at some point, the checkbook is gonna have to be opened. If you want to be a top program, you gotta pay the money.
Osobor ain’t worth 2 million dollars, that a crazy price tag for him.

If they sign Robinson, is that a good enough signing? Or is he bench material?
You're trying a gotcha with a flawed premise. Someone your level of intellect might not pick up on that. That's probably why you think you'll get away with it. There's a reason Robinson isn't even one of the top 10 players left in a portal that's already nearly been picked clean. We are in for a rough year and you'll be the first to turn on CMP once we start losing games Kentucky isn't supposed to lose

The first step is accepting that your the problem. Go look in the mirror get better and come back later. We can talk when you actually have legit beef. Until then go kick rocks, or jump off a cliff.
Nah, the first step is reading books so you don't look like an illiterate asshole using your when you mean you're. But go off.

I'm thrilled with a new coach and the team he is putting together.

I just don't have the desire to get concerned. This isn't a Kenny Payne situation here. He took a BYU team in Kansas and beat them, and he's upgraded every position with better players to date.

I'd like a final four but ...... I want everyone to go back a year ago and think about the team you *thought* UK would have the year after Cal left - and now compare that to what Pope has put together.

If you're being honest you thought UK would have nothing but scrubs because Cal would take everyone with him.

This sure as heck doesn't feel like a rebuilding year in front of us - at least not to me.

You're trying a gotcha with a flawed premise. Someone your level of intellect might not pick up on that. That's probably why you think you'll get away with it. There's a reason Robinson isn't even one of the top 10 players left in a portal that's already nearly been picked clean. We are in for a rough year and you'll be the first to turn on CMP once we start losing games Kentucky isn't supposed to lose
Actually I won’t turn on pope year one because I’m not a delusional person. You keep bringing up intellect. Anybody has to bring up intellect or let the world know how smart they are and how dumb somebody else is, generally isn’t very smart at all. Once again you have no idea how the season is gonna go, you came here to complain and yell at clouds. And then when somebody budged your only response was to bring up damn intellect, and tell me I’m not capable or understanding your 1st grade argument.

Reactions: KFuqua
The first step is accepting that your the problem. Go look in the mirror get better and come back and talk when you actually have legit beef. Until then go kick rocks, or jump off a cliff.
I give you credit for the good fight against these asshats ... maybe we can create a link for them to go to their own site where they can bitch and moan incessantly to each other and that way we don't have to see their shit

What happened to all of our NIL money? We’ve been bragging about how much money we have, does UConn actually have more. We lost every major battle we’ve been in so far. Maybe putting a conservative coach like Mark Fox who spent his failed career as a basketball coach trying to keep teams in the 50’s and 60’s in charge of NIL wasn’t the best idea.
Back to back championships and the hottest coach that we tried to back a few Brinks trucks up for couldn't possibly have any impact, right?

Money is a substantial factor but it isn't the only one.
There is no "only answer", each prospect is his own case.

Reactions: JrandoUK
I liked johnell Davis, but if pope didn’t take him there was a reason for that. If they robinson/laneir, then they will have a good team who can compete for the SEC.
You don't think it's possible that Pope may have simply made a mistake about a guy like Davis? All coaches screw up decisions even Coaches like Hurley,Coach K,Self...

Reactions: RunninRichie
Nah, the first step is reading books so you don't look like an illiterate asshole using your when you mean you're. But go off.
The only asshat here is you. Letting everybody know how smart you are, but the reality is you’re probably some old retired jerkoff. You sit at home all day and hate the world and everything about it. You didn’t have an argument to begin with and you never will.

I give you credit for the good fight against these asshats ... maybe we can create a link for them to go to their own site where they can bitch and moan incessantly to each other and that way we don't have to see their shit
Maybe you could make your own website. Where you all stand in a circle and rewatch the 1996 title game forever. You sound like a cult member.

You don't think it's possible that Pope may have simply made a mistake about a guy like Davis? All coaches screw up decisions even Coaches like Hurley,Coach K,Self...
I don’t know that at all. But that’s my point we don’t know anything yet. We don’t know how this roster will look together. I like the roster, and think it’s good and will be competitive, but I don’t know that for a fact.

The Ritchie guy is cool, I shouldnt have went at him, he is chill. The other prick is just on here to stir shit up.

The only asshat here is you. Letting everybody know how smart you are, but the reality is you’re probably some old retired jerkoff. You sit at home all day and hate the world and everything about it. You didn’t have an argument to begin with and you never will.
Some guy said earlier every time you reply to him you are wrong. I imagine a lot of people on this board feel the same way about you.

Back to back championships and the hottest coach that we tried to back a few Brinks trucks up for couldn't possibly have any impact, right?

Money is a substantial factor but it isn't the only one.
There is no "only answer", each prospect is his own case.
also, I suspect a good portion of our NIL money went to buying 11 players from scratch while still trying to have some set aside for the potential great player that may pop up unexpectedly.

I'm not sure of the logic of spending every last dime during this period- even in my job, we hold some back for mid year incentives

Reactions: travisbickle
FOR DISCUSSION
What would have the 2024/25 UK Calboys Team look like if JVC hadn't taken the Arky job (hypothetical)??

(IMO)
Starters
C- UGO/ Z/ Somto
PF- Quaintance/ Thierro/ Burks
SF- (Davis)/ Knox/ Richmond
SG- Wagner/ Perry
PG- Fland
Transferred Out:
Hart (?)
Bradshaw (?)
Transferred In:
Davis (??)
I think that hypothetical Cal roster would struggle MIGHTILY from the perimeter!! Without adding a Davis type wing who could improve the teams scoring and shooting and would need to start Z instead of UGO. But that addition of a top flight transfer wing would have probably bounced a 5-Star (Knox) from that starting lineup........
Possible 2024/25 UK Pope Team
Starters
C- Williams/ Garrison
PF- Carr/ Almonor
SF- Brea/ Noah
SG- (Robinson)/ Oweh/ Chandler
PG- Butler/ Kriisa/ Perry
Transferred In (a wing):
Robinson/ Lanier/ Poplar/ Wells (??)

I think this possible roster (with or without a wing transfer) could give Pope alot of options on styles, pressing defensive group, outstanding potential perimeter shooting group. Any top flight wing transfer just enhances those options! If Pope can keep them all happy with minute shares.....

Once again for those in the back: FOR DISCUSSION

Some guy said earlier every time you reply to him you are wrong. I imagine a lot of people on this board feel the same way about you.
It was most likely stout beer, and he isn’t liked on this board at all. And I can promise you one thing, you are in no way correct about a damn thing you said either at all.

FOR DISCUSSION
What would have the 2024/25 UK Calboys Team look like if JVC hadn't taken the Arky job (hypothetical)??

(IMO)
Starters
C- UGO/ Z/ Somto
PF- Quaintance/ Thierro/ Burks
SF- (Davis)/ Knox/ Richmond
SG- Wagner/ Perry
PG- Fland
Transferred Out:
Hart (?)
Bradshaw (?)
Transferred In:
Davis (??)
I think that hypothetical Cal roster would struggle MIGHTILY from the perimeter!! Without adding a Davis type wing who could improve the teams scoring and shooting and would need to start Z instead of UGO. But that addition of a top flight transfer wing would have probably bounced a 5-Star (Knox) from that starting lineup........
Possible 2024/25 UK Pope Team
Starters
C- Williams/ Garrison
PF- Carr/ Almonor
SF- Brea/ Noah
SG- (Robinson)/ Oweh/ Chandler
PG- Butler/ Kriisa/ Perry
Transferred In (a wing):
Robinson/ Lanier/ Poplar/ Wells (??)

I think this possible roster (with or without a wing transfer) could give Pope alot of options on styles, pressing defensive group, outstanding potential perimeter shooting group. Any top flight wing transfer just enhances those options! If Pope can keep them all happy with minute shares.....

Once again for those in the back: FOR DISCUSSION
Cals 2025 team would be awful no doubt.

I think it’s more of us waiting to see the actual product before we get upset about something.
All you are admitting is that you don't understand basketball. Those of us who do are quite concerned, but like I said, this is just your Pre-season POV. Once we start losing games we shouldn't you'll be calling for Pope's head louder than anyone and probably denying you said any of this.

It was most likely stout beer, and he isn’t liked on this board at all. And I can promise you one thing, you are in no way correct about a damn thing you said either at all.
You don't even know what I said. You've demonstrated that. You're arguing things I didn't even say because you can't understand my posts. I never bragged about my intellect. I'm only comparing myself to you here.

All you are admitting is that you don't understand basketball. Those of us who do are quite concerned, but like I said, this is just your Pre-season POV. Once we start losing games we shouldn't you'll be calling for Pope's head louder than anyone and probably denying you said any of this.
Guarentee you I won’t. I fully understand a new coach deserves 3 years to get his program in place. Your basketball knowledge is the 4 min highlight videos of these guys on YouTube. I bet you don’t even know what offense pope runs, or his defensive tactics. Tell me then since you know so much, what made UConn’s offense so unique this year.

You don't even know what I said. You've demonstrated that. You're arguing things I didn't even say because you can't understand my posts. I never bragged about my intellect. I'm only comparing myself to you here.
I do know what you said, you just deny it. For the 5th time the dumb shit you post isn’t hard to understand at all. It’s not complex, it’s just bs.

Maybe you could make your own website. Where you all stand in a circle and rewatch the 1996 title game forever. You sound like a cult member.
Wrong word, cult, which implies a blind following. I'm merely willing to give our coach a lot more than 2 months to make determinations that are questioning his moves. You are the opposite, as you incessantly remind us over and over.

seems like some attitudes about transfer players are - if a guy is getting recognized, and another serious P5 program is interested in him, UK should go in, drop a brinks truck on him as a flex to show everyone else we can get who we want - regardless of whether it makes sense or not. We gotta get this guy because a "real" school is interested in him. Between UK and Sienna? OK that guy must be trash. Why is Pope even talking to him?

at the end of the day, none of these guys are NBA ready.

UK's definition of a "dude" to date has been NBA ready

so by our standards there are zero "dudes" Pope could land that would satisfy UK fan's criteria.

Until its an abject failure, I"m good with him building the team with a few dudes in the aggregate

Wrong word, cult, which implies a blind following. I'm merely willing to give our coach a lot more than 2 months to make determinations that are questioning his moves. You are the opposite, as you incessantly remind us over and over.
Yes. Asking for a scorer, voicing concerns on recruiting misses, and side eyeing adding a non-shooter in an offense that wants to shoot, 35 3s a game. Is “Bitching”. I really don’t understand you types. When is it ok to discuss things? 1 year? 2? 3? 5?

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
seems like some attitudes about transfer players are - if a guy is getting recognized, and another serious P5 program is interested in him, UK should go in, drop a brinks truck on him as a flex to show everyone else we can get who we want - regardless of whether it makes sense or not. We gotta get this guy because a "real" school is interested in him. Between UK and Sienna? OK that guy must be trash. Why is Pope even talking to him?

at the end of the day, none of these guys are NBA ready.

UK's definition of a "dude" to date has been NBA ready

so by our standards there are zero "dudes" Pope could land that would satisfy UK fan's criteria.

Until its an abject failure, I"m good with him building the team with a few dudes in the aggregate
False. We’re asking for a scorer.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Look at the rosters of all the teams we will play this year. Look at all of the great offensive guards we will play against. Everyone will be glad to have a guy like Butler that can keep them from beating us themselves.
Butler reminds me of Marquis Teague, but I'm certainly not familiar enough with Butler yet to feel good about the validity of comparison (pro or con).

Reactions: ib4ky
But if someone disagrees with a certain recruit it doesn't mean you hate Pope and want Cal back. It's okay to think a certain player isn't a great choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT