ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Prolific? You'd sure know a thing about that, creating new accounts on a daily basis and attacking members here at RR.
Did I tag you? Did I mention your name? Why are you hurt by what I said? I didn't address you. This is my only account I've ever had on here. I just lurked until it was so irresistible to comment I had to log in.

Or and hear me out on this Kentucky doesn’t want to overspend on certain guys because they don’t have to. If you want a really good player you will have to spend money, but if your Kentucky you don’t have to overspend on 99 percent of players. Also they want some money to carry over to next year and the year after.
Or it could be the real reason. We had to sign 8/10 players and didn't want to blow their wad on 2 players or so and be left with nothing but minimal offers for the rest of the players to fill out the roster.

Mindblowing to watch people spend hours and hours on something they can't control (what a kid is going to do with his college career, lol). Madness.
But yet here you are spending hours and hours participated in the very thread you say is mind blowing to do so. Only difference is, MOST are discussing possible roster additions while YOU are trying to pretend to be much smarter than everyone else. Quite the opposite, you look like a clueless water head who just wants to stir shit. Well if you do not like the smell of shit, don't stir it, because I have a felling several are going to throw it right back at you. IF it is a useless thread, simply leave it and not post in it. That is what is truly mind blowing, you keep calling people out for a thread you don't like. BYE.

The Trilly hate is a little off I think. His record is very good. Pretty much his only misses are all UK related lol.

Having said that, I'm not a member of his discord. I prefer Bromley's discord, mostly for his drunk karaoke and wild Barbara Bailey stories.

Or and hear me out on this Kentucky doesn’t want to overspend on certain guys because they don’t have to. If you want a really good player you will have to spend money, but if your Kentucky you don’t have to overspend on 99 percent of players. Also they want some money to carry over to next year and the year after.
Yes, they clearly don’t want to overspend on top players and seemingly want to take a conservative approach and spend on a bunch of mid level players. I hope a guy breaks out and it works, I’m just not a fan of prevent defense mentality and approach. I hope next year we’re not saying the same thing.

Or it could be the real reason. We had to sign 8/10 players and didn't want to blow their wad on 2 players or so and be left with nothing but minimal offers for the rest of the players to fill out the roster.
True but they also want money to carry over as well

Yes, they clearly don’t want to overspend on top players and seemingly want to take a conservative approach and spend on a bunch of mid level players. I hope a guy breaks out and it works, I’m just not a fan of prevent defense mentality and approach. I hope next year we’re not saying the same thing.
They haven’t signed a mid level player yet, they have signed a lot of good player who fit his system perfectly. The issue is a lot of you don’t understand roster construction and how he had to get players who would stay here multiple years to build the foundation. A lot of you just look at the transfer portal list and wanted pope to sign the top 5 guys on the list.

I'm surprised he hasn't already picked UT if everything we see is true. It always felt like UT to me, but I think this Lanier recruiting process has just proved that sometimes everyone is guessing and nobody knows.

The Trilly hate is a little off I think. His record is very good. Pretty much his only misses are all UK related lol.

Having said that, I'm not a member of his discord. I prefer Bromley's discord, mostly for his drunk karaoke and wild Barbara Bailey stories.
His latest update is BYU sources think it’s Tennessee. Kentucky hasn’t heard from Lanier or his people, Tennessee also hasn t heard from his camp or people.

They haven’t signed a mid level player yet, they have signed a lot of good player who fit his system perfectly. The issue is a lot of you don’t understand roster construction and how he had to get players who would stay here multiple years to build the foundation. A lot of you just look at the transfer portal list and wanted pope to sign the top 5 guys on the list.
Lamont Butler is a mid-level player. Not a star, not a bum.

Reactions: track42
Yes & depth will be a big strength for this team. We may not have a clear #1 option or an elite 1-2 punch. But, I’d venture to say that there are no weak spots & our depth will be at least as good as anybody else’s.

Personally, I’d prefer having 7-8 high quality players over 2 studs with an average supporting cast. I do agree with those who think a true go-to guy would take this group to another level. But, I don’t think the season is totally ruined if we don’t get that guy. There’s a whole lot of skill, versatility & experience to work with & enough defense to keep us in most games.

Most of my optimism comes from that & the thought of having several experienced, high level shooters & passers playing in an offense that is predicated on passing/ball movement & perimeter shooting. Good shooters getting plenty of open looks just seems like a recipe for success to me. These guys were built to play this style of basketball.

I could see this team making a S16-E8 type of run with what we have now. Experience & skill can be great equalizers in the NCAAT. Adding a top shelf scorer puts us in top 10 territory & squarely in the championship conversation, IMO. And, I hope like hell that it happens.

But, I think we could still have a really good year without a true #1 guy. Not necessarily championship contenders. But, a solid top 20 type team & that wouldn’t be a bad thing in Pope’s first season, all things considered.

You are just saying that we aren't willing to compete with the teams with elite rosters. If that's true, I'm pissed as Hell, but you seem to be okay with it.

You are just saying that we aren't willing to compete with the teams with elite rosters. If that's true, I'm pissed as Hell, but you seem to be okay with it.
In no way did I say that. I said they are spending there money smartly and not getting into bidding wars because they don’t to. Nobody knows what this roster will do. But some of you are setting it up to where no matter what pope does it will never satisfy you.

That mid level player made it further than Kentucky has in a long ass time and won conference DPOY of the year and made all defensive team multiple times. You have ridiculous standards if that’s what you call mid.
I think a lot of you are hung up on ''well, it's better than Cal, so it's good''. Going further than UK isn't an acomplishment. UK has been one of the worst P5 programs the last 5 seasons. 1 SEC regular season title, 0 SECT titles, 1 SECT win. Losing record against ranked teams, owned by most rivals, 2 first round losses, 1 ncaat miss. And yeah ok, he won a DPOY award in the mountain west. Is that supposed to tell me he's not a mid-level player? We missed on Roach and got Butler. It is what it is. But to cope and say everyone who signed with UK is really good and fits the system ''perfectly'' is laughable. You don't know if they fit in the system or not. It's just pure hope.

Everyone who signs with UK=Sneaky good 1st team all american talent, who fits the system perfectly
Everyone who UK misses on=Not that good, can't shoot, played in a weak conference, weak numbers.

• Love
We didn't land San Diego State's entire roster. We landed their excellent defensive non-shooting PG.
Then don’t watch man I don’t know what to tell ya. You were probably in the group that bitched about defense all last year, he goes and gets a defensive guy, and he isn’t good enough to play here. Idk what you want or expect. A lot of teams in the nation would take butler on their team, but no he isn’t good enough for Kentucky. Dude won DPOY in his conference, and he isn’t good enough. Give me a damn break.

I think a lot of you are hung up on ''well, it's better than Cal, so it's good''. Going further than UK isn't an acomplishment. UK has been one of the worst P5 programs the last 5 seasons. 1 SEC regular season title, 0 SECT titles, 1 SECT win. Losing record against ranked teams, owned by most rivals, 2 first round losses, 1 ncaat miss. And yeah ok, he won a DPOY award in the mountain west. Is that supposed to tell me he's not a mid-level player? We missed on Roach and got Butler. It is what it is. But to cope and say everyone who signed with UK is really good and fits the system ''perfectly'' is laughable. You don't know if they fit in the system or not. It's just pure hope.

Everyone who signs with UK=Sneaky good 1st team all american talent, who fits the system perfectly
Everyone who UK misses on=Not that good, can't shoot, played in a weak conference, weak numbers.
He went to the title game man. I have never said anybody Kentucky didn’t get isn’t good. And you don’t know that they don’t fit the system man. It’s not coping it’s called backing my coach instead of bitching about everything he does. They didn’t miss in roach as again he never visited here. He can sign Robinson and will you still complain then?

I have my issues with this roster but I do like the Butler add. He will be our on the floor coach and leader I'm guessing. Something we sorely missed last season.
I would have loved him as a backup guard. But we missed on Roach so he was added as the starter. In a system that relies on the 3 ball, adding a horrible shooter as the point guard is suspect at best.

Then don’t watch man I don’t know what to tell ya. You were probably in the group that bitched about defense all last year, he goes and gets a defensive guy, and he isn’t good enough to play here. Idk what you want or expect. A lot of teams in the nation would take butler on their team, but no he isn’t good enough for Kentucky. Dude won DPOY in his conference, and he isn’t good enough. Give me a damn break.
You are the one saying he's not good enough for Kentucky. All I offered was a description of him based entirely off his stats.

He missed on Smith and Roach so he is what we got. to act like he was Pope's first choice is wrong.

He went to the title game man. I have never said anybody Kentucky didn’t get isn’t good. And you don’t know that they don’t fit the system man. It’s not coping it’s called backing my coach instead of bitching about everything he does. They didn’t miss in roach as again he never visited here. He can sign Robinson and will you still complain then?
Doug Edert went to the sweet 16 and beat KY and Purdue. He is now at Brown averaging 3 points a game. SDSU made a NCAAT run. It happens. I'm not gonna not call balls and strikes because Pope played here 30 years ago and had a pep rally. I want UK to go back to kicking ass. We have records to protect.

Just don't ask him to hit a 3 or a free throw.
Track man I don’t know what to tell you man. You don’t seem to like any player on this roster. I guess all I can tell you is give pope a chance especially in his first year instead of nitpicking and complaining about everything he does.

Reactions: KFuqua
No matter the final roster, it will be very easy to achieve the results of the last 4 seasons. With 1 secT win and 1 ncaaT win , how can any real UK fan complain about what might occur---when absolute disgusting pathetic finishes for 4 season are vivid in our memory banks.

No way a result WORSE than these last 4 seasons will happen this coming b'ball season--no way!!!!!

To "achieve" the begok result--just making the ncaaT is all that is required.

rr

How did he miss on smith? How did he miss on roach. Roach committed in like 2 days to Baylor, by that logic every school missed on him. The university was going to have trouble with smith, so he didn’t miss on him either.
Are you serious? You actually think he wanted to take Butler over one of them?

How did he miss on smith? How did he miss on roach. Roach committed in like 2 days to Baylor, by that logic every school missed on him. The university was going to have trouble with smith, so he didn’t miss on him either.
You're right. Pope has never missed. Every player was simply commited too quickly to another school, mutual interest was agreed upon to go seperate ways, A player's plane was delayed at the airport. On his way to visit UK. And another school picked him up and offered him 3 million. It's ok to say we've missed on players. This is what I am talking about. We have missed on players. Whether that's because academic issues, NIL amount, or any other factors. We still missed. Call balls and strikes.

Doug Edert went to the sweet 16 and beat KY and Purdue. He is now at Brown averaging 3 points a game. SDSU made a NCAAT run. It happens. I'm not gonna not call balls and strikes because Pope played here 30 years ago and had a pep rally. I want UK to go back to kicking ass. We have records to protect.
Butler has been good for multiple years In a good conference. But he isn’t good enough for UK. Seems to make perfect sense. Nitpicking a coach this early is beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: KFuqua
You tell me where In that post I said that phrase at all? Go ahead tell me or show me?
Keep posting your 'L's bro. You're the most entertaining part of this board.

"but no he isn’t good enough for Kentucky."

All you are doing is projecting. You're the one who accused me of saying something I didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT