ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Do you think this roster if it stays the same will win the SEC?
Withour current roster, we will be middle of the SEC in 2024. We are doing the same as the football board. We are hoping and praying to win every game but realistic we are not near Alabama, Florida, Auburn, or TN. Not sure what Texas and OK will have but to think this roster will win the SEC is fools gold thinking.

I don't believe that we were in a serious battle with Duke for Butler. With Brea, the other schools in heavy with him kinda filled in the available spots before Brea made his decision, pushing him into our laps. Remember when we were out on Brea, then the other schools on his final list landed other guys, and suddenly we were back in the running with him.
lol aight man. Believe what you wanna believe.

Do you think this roster if it stays the same will win the SEC?
I think the roster will add 2 more players, don't know who yet.
The roster as is currently will be competitive in SEC play. The defense alone will be much improved and SEC coaches will now have a different animal to contend with because they won't be getting the same old bullshit style Calipari threw out every game.
Adjustments will be made, defensive schemes will be utilized and that alone will pay off for us.
I hope people keep underestimating this roster and this coaching staff because it's going to be fun watching them prove all the doubters wrong.

They did, and they even recruited over Brea. That's why we were out on him, and then suddenly we were back in the running.
The recruiting gurus said Pope and staff have kept everything closed lipped since he took over.

So you just making stuff up now.

Even if Lanier and Robinson both fell through, aren’t there quite a few guys expected to return to college from the draft process?
They would have already had to be in the portal by now. UK wasn’t really in on any other impact portal guys remaining except maybe Poplar but imo he’s not on the level of Lanier.
Word is not looking good on Lanier, you have no idea you are guessing like all of us are. You also have no clue this roster is 4th best, that’s just the negavite ass shit coming back
I’m not guessing. I’m going off what Sisk said.

The roster as it stands is above average at best. It’s not challenging for a conference title. It’s badly missing a major scorer. Truthfully it’s missing 2 but that’s not going to happen. Thats not being negative. Thats being realistic.

Withour current roster, we will be middle of the SEC in 2024. We are doing the same as the football board. We are hoping and praying to win every game but realistic we are not near Alabama, Florida, Auburn, or TN. Not sure what Texas and OK will have but to think this roster will win the SEC is fools gold thinking.
Bama is probably #1 but we are no worse than Auburn or Florida. Not sure about Tennessee will have to wait and see how they do. I would put us in the 2 through 5 ranking. Have to wait and see but that is preseason guess. Once we have some reports (which I think Pope will give us what we want) and get more reports over the summer and fall camps.

Reactions: hmt5000
They would have already had to be in the portal by now. UK wasn’t really in on any other impact portal guys remaining except maybe Poplar but imo he’s not on the level of Lanier.

I’m not guessing. I’m going off what Sisk said.

The roster as it stands is above average at best. It’s not challenging for a conference title. It’s badly missing a major scorer. Truthfully it’s missing 2 but that’s not going to happen. Thats not being negative. Thats being realistic.
All sisk said was some vague ass shit, he didn’t say Kentucky was out of it at all. Missing 2 pieces no that’s being pessimistic as hell. They need one guy, 2 is just a luxury they don’t need 2

Bama is probably #1 but we are no worse than Auburn or Florida. Not sure about Tennessee will have to wait and see how they do. I would put us in the 2 through 5 ranking. Have to wait and see but that is preseason guess. Once we have some reports (which I think Pope will give us what we want) and get more reports over the summer and fall camps.
You sure about that one?

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
I just want to point out that being pessimistic at this point of the process is just as insane as being overly optimistic. You aren't being more "level headed" in assuming we can't win 20 games.... LOL. The talent is good enough to be top 15ish... We have to wait to see how they come together to see its a legit contender or one of those talentless teams that lose in the first round of the tournament.

I just want to point out that being pessimistic at this point of the process is just as insane as being overly optimistic. You aren't being more "level headed" in assuming we can't win 20 games.... LOL. The talent is good enough to be top 15ish... We have to wait to see how they come together to see its a legit contender or one of those talentless teams that lose in the first round of the tournament.
I think we win 22 or 23.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Sisk also mentioned if what he was told is true, it wasn't a whiff by the staff. He's working on verifying the info he was told before he goes further into detail. Maybe this means we will land someone else.

On Brea, I don’t know about the Duke side, but regarding UConn he took UK’s offer to UConn wanting them to match or beat it. UConn wouldn’t do it and that’s how he ended up here.
That was Mahaney but vice versa.

Puke wanted butler so believe it.
Sure, I bet they did "want" Butler. "Want" is such a loose term when it comes to the portal. Did Duke even make an offer for him, or just stated that they wanted and were interested in him? You know how many kids we have wanted?

If Lanier used us to get more money out of Tenn even though he planned on going there.... We still win... We cost UT money. I'll take any win we get of Ut.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Sure, I bet they did "want" Butler. "Want" is such a loose term when it comes to the portal. Did Duke even make an offer for him, or just stated that they wanted and were interested in him? You know how many kids we have wanted?
Idk but we beat them for butler. Simple as that.

Reactions: Catfan2226
On Brea, I don’t know about the Duke side, but regarding UConn he took UK’s offer to UConn wanting them to match or beat it. UConn wouldn’t do it and that’s how he ended up here.
UNC also grabbed the Cade Tyson kid from Belmont over Brea, which was the writing on the wall there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT