ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

There's nobody who doesn't WANT the best players and more of them.

The difference is all the chicken littles who apparently know everything about all our players and Pope's system who are basically saying we desperately NEED another stud or two. The fact is, you don't know that.

I like the Pope hire but it's dumb to act like people shouldn't have concerns about recruiting or winning in the tourney.
And it’s dumb to act like the head coach hasn’t been on the job for 2 months.

Would be a diff story if pope has been for here 3 years and hasn’t landed a top recruit or transfer.

But let’s all act unreasonable and use no logic.

It's the most effecient shooter, not player. He does nothing besides shoot 3's. And that will be a great skill to have on this team, so it's not a knock. However, we have no one on this team that is a proven alpha type player.

lol kids don’t make it to big time college basketball without being a proven alpha type player.

There's nobody who doesn't WANT the best players and more of them.

The difference is all the chicken littles who apparently know everything about all our players and Pope's system who are basically saying we desperately NEED another stud or two. The fact is, you don't know that.
You better hope this magical system can turn role players into stars. Like jesus and wine and water.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here but I’m very comfortable with what we have. Sure, Lanier or Robinson would be the cherry on top, but it’s not a deal breaker.

Heck, I’m used to losing 10 games with 5 star super recruits and losing in the first round. Maybe I’m very naive, but I think we can do better than that with Popes play style & game planning. I like our depth.

Hard to argue against this ….

I like the Pope hire but it's dumb to act like people shouldn't have concerns about recruiting or winning in the tourney.
hmmm. searched your old posts as have never seen your name. Is it true that you and bookerfan are the same poster? I saw where you allegedly were accused of that. Sure looks like there's one person, maybe a female, with dozens of accounts here.

hmmm. searched your old posts as have never seen your name. Is it true that you and bookerfan are the same poster? I saw where you allegedly were accused of that. Sure looks like there's one person, maybe a female, with dozens of accounts here.
Your user name explains a lot and you might want to sleep it off. What exactly is wrong with a woman posting here?

Reactions: UKortho
It's fine to have concerns but at least be realistic about your concerns. The man had to hire a coaching staff, hire a support staff, hit the transfer portal to put an entire team together for the upcoming season, try to find somewhere for his family to live when they move here and begin recruiting for next year within his first month here. If he didn't do it to your lofty expectations then you have the option of being disappointed all summer or adjusting your expectations until he gets settled in and see how the season plays out before melting down.

If y’all don’t say Pope poops ice cream I’m coming for your ass!
The Office Thats GIF

Other than MKG, Anthony Davis, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Jamal Murray, Malik Monk, DeAaron Fox, Aaron Harrison, KAT, Julius Randle and Brandon Knight I can't think of anyone.
What do all those players have in common as far as when they played?

In the last 7 years, list all the freshman "dudes" you can recall. 🙂

You better hope this magical system can turn role players into stars. Like jesus and wine and water.
Why do the players need to be stars? I want the team to be a star.

I already know that I will be more engaged, more enthusiastic and have a ton more fun watching next year's team than any of our teams from the last 5 years or so if not longer. I don't need to hope on anything magical.

Saying Pope hasn't had a chance to recruit elite talent = kissing his ass? There is no evidence at all Mark Pope can't recruit elite players yet.

Bunch of extremely spoiled/entitled brats. No sane UK fan is complainng yet. Best to avoid the rival fans posing as UK fans and the UK fans that live to complain.......many of them do it because they need constant attention because they are, as said earlier, little brats.

In my opinion, pope will do very well on the recruiting trail. He has tireless energy and players love that as well as the style of ball that He implements. He has a great recruiting assistants cast. Unlike the former coach, he will dig early and cast the big net, And those highly touted players will come here.

I think CMP is in a bit of a catch 22 here
Yes he needs that go to guy. I think we’re all in agreement with that. However, he’s in the recruiting game late and trying to bring in players he wouldn’t have gone after seriously at BYU
I believe it’s far too early to say what kind of recruiter he is. Time will tell us that and he’s not had time to develop relationships with incoming recruits
The catch 22 though is based, IMO, on the fact he’s not a known coaching name yet. It’ll be hard to have the top guys wanting to play for him until they see what he can do. But without the top guys it’s going to be difficult to show it
CMP doesn’t have a niche yet. It will take some time. He has constructed a solid, if blue collar type roster for next season. I’m excited for the possibilities

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT