ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

Who is asking for a BUNCH of studs?All I have said is we need ONE.
I saw comment from a couple of posters saying this team lacks studs and they need studs. You aren’t one but I don’t get the dislike you have for the roster. I agree with you that they need laneir/robinson, but adding either one of them to this roster just completes it.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Pope has been here less than 2 months …be ****ing reasonable man. You look stupid.
Actually recruiting IS the biggest question mark with Pope. He's never recruited well, BYU or not. This isn't up for debate. No one knows how he will adjust to recruiting here yet but it isn't out of line to have concerns about seeing someone do something for the first time.

It's ironic that the LOD are now the pumpers. Discourse be damned I guess.

I saw comment from a couple of posters saying this team lacks studs and they need studs. You aren’t one but I don’t get the dislike you have for the roster. I agree with you that they need laneir/robinson, but adding either one of them to this roster just completes it.
Which is what we are saying.

Actually recruiting IS the biggest question mark with Pope. He's never recruited well, BYU or not. This isn't up for debate. No one knows how he will adjust to recruiting here yet but it isn't out of line to have concerns about seeing someone do something for the first time.

He was at BYU. LOL. what you expect ???

Does being at BYU not factor into that, or is that point just gonna be ignored

Careful with the centered, rational takes around here

It's the most effecient shooter, not player. He does nothing besides shoot 3's. And that will be a great skill to have on this team, so it's not a knock. However, we have no one on this team that is a proven alpha type player.
Given the opportunity, someone may in fact step up and fill that role. But you are correct, based upon what we know of players on the current roster, that type of mentality is missing.

Yeah cuz BYU is such a college bball powerhouse….lol that’s such a rational take.
Pope has been a coach 5-6 years and had recruited at a mid major. And a religious school. It’s not unreasonable to say you’re nervous about his ability to land the big fish. The guy is still green. He’s still very much learning on the job.

Whether we get a 'stud' or not....in 90 days there will posters on this board talking about 40-0.

2.1800.1658529975-7f5.jpg

Cuz he’s been here 2 months …my god you’re missing the point.
She's one of the worst excuses for a poster this board has probably ever seen. Conspiracy theories, posting threads to get UK fans outraged, rallying the troops to call and email Barnhart for hiring Pope, you name it. She gets all googly-eyed when Oats' name is mentioned. Drama is her game. Guarantee she has One life to Live DVR'd.

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn’t have Booker fan 66 and cornbread on ignore is an idiot. Have had them on ignore for years, before Cal even left, and all I see is people quoting them constantly. Might even be the same poster. Just put them on ignore for the love of Pete

It's the most effecient shooter, not player. He does nothing besides shoot 3's. And that will be a great skill to have on this team, so it's not a knock. However, we have no one on this team that is a proven alpha type player.
Yeah there isn't a "dog" on this team like a Justin Edwards, DJ Wagner, Kahlil Whitney, Chris Livingston or any of the other alpha players we have been told we were getting recently.

Compare Popes work ethic with Cal's. Pope is literally contacting players non stop for the next two years. The drive and work ethic will be there. He is contacting mostly 4 and 5 star players and getting tons of great responses. Now it is just a matter of what can he do with the guys he gets? But to criticize the man now, I don't understand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT