ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah

Gotta get MUCH quicker on defense. Right now we are slow reacting but damn can we shoot. Not the same athleticism but smarter. These guys just need to get that cardio going 1000% Gotta get that slow motion reaction junk a thing of the past but Cal would have made this game close. Good things to come I believe personally.

I get being excited but calm down lol. Dontaie had some exceptional games but never put it together regularly even after he transfered to a lesser league.
Noah will definitely have to put in a lot of work to deserve being a starting SF for a program like UK, but I think he's got the tools & body if he's willing. I don't think Dontaie was sufficiently "willing."

Noah will definitely have to put in a lot of work to deserve being a starting SF for a program like UK, but I think he's got the tools & body if he's willing. I don't think Dontaie was sufficiently "willing."
No arguments but it remains to be seen. Loved what I saw, not taking anything away from him but AA anointment is far premature.

He might not be Tyler Herro athletic, but the ball movement in Pope’s system will GET him open shots, and he will pull the trigger.
Just more proof that Cal didn't want to teach offense or have anyone on his staff teaching it. He relied on athletic dribble-drivel ISO junk.

Then why didn't he excel at Western? The point was just not to extrapolate a career based on a single game anyway.
extrapolate:

extrapolate
/ɪkˈstrapəleɪt,ɛkˈstrapəleɪt/

verb
verb: extrapolate; 3rd person present: extrapolates; past tense: extrapolated; past participle: extrapolated; gerund or present participle: extrapolating
  1. extend the application of (a method or conclusion) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.
    "the results cannot be extrapolated to other patient groups"
    • estimate or conclude (something) by extrapolating.
      "the figures were extrapolated from past trends"
    • Mathematics
      extend (a graph, curve, or range of values) by inferring unknown values from trends in the known data.
      "the low-temperature results can be extrapolated to room temperature"
Origin

extrapolate:

extrapolate
/ɪkˈstrapəleɪt,ɛkˈstrapəleɪt/

verb
verb: extrapolate; 3rd person present: extrapolates; past tense: extrapolated; past participle: extrapolated; gerund or present participle: extrapolating
  1. extend the application of (a method or conclusion) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.
    "the results cannot be extrapolated toother patient groups"
    • estimate or conclude (something) by extrapolating.
      "the figures were extrapolated from past trends"
    • Mathematics
      extend (a graph, curve, or range of values) by inferring unknown values from trends in the known data.
      "the low-temperature results can be extrapolated to room temperature"
Origin
Yep, estimate or conclude his career based on a game. What's your point here?

Don’t wanna rain on anybody’s parade, but some folks are getting a bit carried away in this thread. The dude hit four shots in an exhibition game against a lower division team when we were already up by about 60. It was mighty fun, but I’m not sure what that really tells us about him.

Y’all might wanna wait until he’s faced some actual Division 1 defenders in a real game before unleashing the Noah hyperbole.

Don’t wanna rain on anybody’s parade, but some folks are getting a bit carried away in this thread. The dude hit four shots in an exhibition game against a lower division team when we were already up by about 60. It was mighty fun, but I’m not sure what that really tells us about him.

Y’all might wanna wait until he’s faced some actual Division 1 defenders in a real game before unleashing the Noah hyperbole.
YES ... Remember Z's debut last season ?? Noah, great start, but will still have to prove himself. Just a Freshman ... plenty of time.

Thanks for that Debbie

Noah might be an AA by the time he leaves here. I don’t know how much better he can get unless it’s on defense and rebounding. He can definitely shoot the 3.
He can get a lot better. Stronger, and better handle. He has a lot he needs to add to his game especially defensively but he is a fantastic player to have to develop.

There’s always that one guy…

No arguments but it remains to be seen. Loved what I saw, not taking anything away from him but AA anointment is far premature.
I didn’t mean to “anoint” him anything. I said he “might” become an AA by the time he leaves here. Obviously, a lot would have to happen for him to get there. But, I get your concern, and you make some good points.

At the risk of being labeled a know-it-all, I will say he's at an awkward size, not quite tall or athletic enough for a forward, I think he'll make a good guard over time.

People are just excited that he shows potential. Of course he isn’t a finished product yet. He’s going to be here for four years. You should calm down.

You still have to love his shot mechanics and the fact he seems fearless to let it fly.
I see a Padgett mentality in this kid

Reminiscent of a young Deron Feldhaus but maybe a bit more skilled.

Great for CMP to get him and I’m appreciative of the SoCar coach for understanding Trent’s love for UK and releasing him so easily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT