ADVERTISEMENT

Pope recruiting

It certainly helped in recruiting Perry. Noah and Johnson that they could see how Reed Sheppard was treated by the fans of UK. That is not to say he wouldn't have still gotten all three of them.

I do wish Pope the very best. I think he is going to do well.

We’re laughing at your ignorance.

Cal's been recruiting Johnson for over two years. He kept recruiting him when he went to Arkansas. Try reading an article instead of smoking your piggy pipe. https://247sports.com/article/jaspe...-in-top-5-john-calipari-recruiting-234124731/

Cal knew he was a very distant fourth place on this one. You Hog fans are delusional. Go back and play in the pig pen if you're not going to bring strong arguments here.

Time to go home, pig.

images
weKIj3.gif

We've only had one coach at UK who could not recruit.
Billy G was too drunk or lazy or whatever.

Cal had too much success. Cost him/us in the end.

I believe Coach P can and will use his passion, UK's rep, the NIL + Portal to take us where we ain't been lately.

Even BCG got players. Got Patterson, Liggins, Miller, Harrelson, Orton. That’s 5 guys that played pretty big roles in our success in Cal’s first two seasons. Harrelson, Miller and Liggins were part of the core of a team that broke a 13 year final four drought.

Billy G also had Deandre Jordan committed at Texas A&M before he bolted. He probably could have convinced the kid to follow him but decided to play nice. He also helped us land John Wall by getting him on campus twice so When Cal took over Wall didn’t have to try and schedule a last minute visit.

Billy G was a good recruiter and a overall strong basketball mind. He just went insane.

So how many freshmen does Pope take next year. We know of 7 spots to fill. Do you take 3 more top guys if you can get them or do we try to limit our freshmen class to 4. Finish the class with portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT