ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell

Looks good against this level competition. Can hit open threes.

But let’s see what he does when we play legit teams.
When it comes to all the players...I agree with that. Still several months til the season. Things will definitely change between now and when we play some legit competition. Let's hope what we saw in this mini tourney for the most part will be what we see this upcoming season.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
If Cal will just let them play like he did in Canada, we will be very good. If he adopts the go, go, go, go plan like last year we may all be pizzzed by mid season. They are a very talented team that just need to play, leave the theatrics out of it imo.

Looks good against this level competition. Can hit open threes.

But let’s see what he does when we play legit teams.
Also love the way he passes out of the high post...said it in another thread, but it was nice to be the team on the good side of multiple back doors and mitchell was the one delivering the pass on most of them

Tre has a bit of old man's game to him. Nothing flashy but he'll score at all 3 levels, and if you close out hard on him he'll pump fake you and get you off your feet, get to the rim, dish to a teammate with a nifty pass, or pull up from mid range. Seems to have a very even temperament and attitude as well. Gonna be a big boon for this team.

Love the addition. Much needed for this team. Love his ability to stretch the defense. Was active on the glass too especially considering he played away from the basket some. Very efficient on offense. Unselfish.

I was pleased with Burks’ contributions too. He filled in nicely in the post for an unheralded freshman. I don’t think he’ll play much once our injured guys get back but he could be a player next year.

He's good. He's going to be good for this team. He's not a strong rebounder. But he's better than what we have had the last 3 seasons except for Oscar. He would have thrived beside Oscar. Toppin and Brooks were too timid and weak to make teams pay for double and triple teaming Oscar.

He can spread the floor and open up lanes. He has to be guarded away from the basket. Something we have lacked from our bigs the last 3 seasons.

Reactions: dl51344
@Kansas 20 points 7 boards and 11/7 vs them in the conference tournament and also 15 and 5 at home. Total of 63 points and 23 rebounds in 4 games
13 and 6 against Maryland
15 and 6 against TCU
17 and 8 vs Florida

Just to pick out a few. Very inconsistent, but how much of that is because he played for the extremely defensive-minded Bob Huggins. Only had a 20% usage rate there.

Havent seen much talk about him but he feels a bit overlooked by how good the freshman have been. But I thought he looked fantastic. He averaged what...16 or 17 points in this GLOBL Jam? Definitely was a great portal addition.
I don't think they win all those games without him. Experienced and confident.

Reactions: screwduke1
Reeves and Mitchell carried the team.

I don't know if he will keep up shooting over 40% from 3, but his make rate was encouraging.

We rebounded horribly with him at the 5 though. He may end up playing the 4 defensively alongside Bradshaw/Ugo.

Being able to hit an open 3 is extremely important. They have to respect you out there. Clears up the lane, drags the PF or C out. Crucial for driving guards.

Oscar was pretty good at the long 2, but end of the day they’ll let you take that because there’s 50% more points at stake for roughly the same percentage.

Tre was great on the trip. While I don’t expect him to be a star, Coach Huggins suggested how trustworthy and dependable he was by his playing time. 3 of the last 4 games he played 39 minutes, and a full 40 twice.

That dependability, experience, and versatility to play the 4 as well as 5 positions will lead to him playing a heavy amount of minutes this year.

If Cal will just let them play like he did in Canada, we will be very good. If he adopts the go, go, go, go plan like last year we may all be pizzzed by mid season. They are a very talented team that just need to play, leave the theatrics out of it imo.
I thought the go, go, go plan was what made us look so good in Canada. Using our athletic ability, getting down the court, and getting people, including Mitchell set up for good shots in transition. This team should go, go, go in my opinion.

I expect Mitchell to end the season as our fourth or fifth best player.

I think Edwards, Wagner, and Reeves will be ahead of him for sure.

But Mitchell will provide experience and leadership that this team will sorely need.

I was actually impressed with his 3pt stroke and his passing ability. He is a very skilled player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT