ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

and just a junior
he will set a scoring record beyond reach if he stays healthy

Not taking anything away from Perry, but the crazy thing is that Jacob Meyer who is at Holy Cross has 13 more points than him on the season and has played in four less games.

Obviously Meyer must be playing against lessor competition because he is not ranked on 24/7 but the kid can obviously score, averaging 36.8 per game.

The roster will be wide open....I'd hope we not just offer but truly pursue him as part of Ky roster formation next 4 years.

Probable roster as we know it today
PG - Dillingham (Wagner backup)
SG - Wagner (Shep backup)
SF - Reeves (I hope UK goes big NIL to keep him)Edwards
PF - Collins....maybe and who knows backup
C - Ugo (Ware backup)

That is 8 guys as of today. I don't think Frederick comes back and we'll see about Livingston. So maybe 10 at most is what we'd have. I can see UK going to portal for a shooter at wing spots if Reeves goes. And possibly a PF as that spot is a glaring hole in roster. So we'll have 1-2 spots for sure for Travis Perry. And given Dilly/Wagner won't be a UK more than 1 year....why not build up the PG depth for future.

Reactions: M4CAT
The roster will be wide open....I'd hope we not just offer but truly pursue him as part of Ky roster formation next 4 years.

C - Ugo (Ware backup)

That is 8 guys as of today. I don't think Frederick comes back and we'll see about Livingston. So maybe 10 at most is what we'd have. I can see UK going to portal for a shooter at wing spots if Reeves goes. And possibly a PF as that spot is a glaring hole in roster. So we'll have 1-2 spots for sure for Travis Perry. And given Dilly/Wagner won't be a UK more than 1 year....why not build up the PG depth for future.

Perry is a 24 kid. A junior. He won't be playing with Dillingham, Wagner, Edwards, or Reeves.

Maybe Sheppard though.

C - Ugo (Ware backup)

What about Bradshaw?

Collins won't be here. What about thiero?

The kid has fantastic range and a quick, quick release, and he's been guarded by legit DIV 1 talent to no avail. The kid will get his points. I watched the clips from that game between his team and Reed Shepherd's team. He was a scoring machine. Fun to speculate about his future.

C - Ugo (Ware backup)

Not a chance in hell Edwards isn't in the starting lineup.

Reactions: K_TIME

C - Ugo (Ware backup)

Are talking about who will be on UK’s roster in 2024? Prob the only one for sure is Shepherd. I would say probably Theiro, other than that it could be a whole new roster. One thing is for sure they will go after a top PG other than Perry.

Yes, he will break the King's record. But he will have played in twice as many games. Keep it in perspective.
Yep. I am not sure how official records are kept, but I would assume it's only for kids that are actually in high school (9-12). Perry has been playing varsity since 7th grade, so this is already his fifth year playing with another year to go. After 4 years (7-10) he had 3160 points. His career avg going into this season was 25.5. Coleman's career average was 33.6 (46.8 as a senior).

Coleman
127 games - 4,337 points

Perry
124 games(7-10) - 3,160 points

We'll have to wait and see what Perry's stats are from 9-12, but he isn't going to be particularly close to Coleman in a 4-year span.

Hope he comes to UK at the end of the day. Would love to see him stick around the program like Hawkins in a similar role who played a decent amount of minutes as a freshman, junior and paid off by the time he was a senior. Should be a much better scorer giving UK an offensive spark if he comes.
He'll come to UK.
He's 17, his ego won't let him.go anywhere else.
NIL will be sweet also.
NIL in Kentucky for sure would be another reason to stay home.

We need him. Bball IQ. Winner. Good team mate. Kyle Macy type winner and player. Calm under pressure. Coach on the floor. The uniform would mean a lot to him.

Role model for kids in the state.

Reactions: tomrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT