ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

JC CATS

All-American
Jun 18, 2009
Lexington
I went over to Catholic last night to watch Shepherd and Perry. I was impressed by both. I'm not sure Perry is a PG at next level, but he is a bucket. Scored over 40, Reed got over 30, but I was surprised by his passing, he finds open guy, and he can sling it down floor Perry doesn't miss from 3, Reed didn't guard him the entire game but had trouble with him when he did. Have to wait couple years for Perry.

I went over to Catholic last night to watch Shepherd and Perry. I was impressed by both. I'm not sure Perry is a PG at next level, but he is a bucket. Scored over 40, Reed got over 30, but I was surprised by his passing, he finds open guy, and he can sling it down floor Perry doesn't miss from 3, Reed didn't guard him the entire game but had trouble with him when he did. Have to wait couple years for Perry.
I was there too . Most fun and exciting high school game I’ve seen . Perry is interesting. I believe he is the best high school shooter I’ve seen since Chris Lofton . How will his game translate though ? I know Purdue is all over him and I think he would be a great fit in their system.
Reed sees in 3d. Probably would have made a great passing quarterback in football.

Reed blew me away with his court vision and passing in that summer game against Bronny’s team (I feel so dumb saying that name). He was the best complete player on the floor that night, by a lot.
He'll ride the bench here for two years before he transfers to EKU where he'll lead the nation in scoring, assists, and 3 point FG percentage.

He'll ride the bench here for two years before he transfers to EKU where he'll lead the nation in scoring, assists, and 3 point FG percentage.

Why would he ride the bench for 2 years?

If he is good he will get time next season. If we have Jackson reclassify and Wagner and Dilly he probably won't start or play as much.

His dad didn't play a lot early on and stuck with it. Doubt his son is a quitter.

Why would he ride the bench for 2 years?

If he is good he will get time next season. If we have Jackson reclassify and Wagner and Dilly he probably won't start or play as much.

His dad didn't play a lot early on and stuck with it. Doubt his son is a quitter.
His dad also didn't have the transfer portal options that current players have.

I'm not confident in Perry to UK.
That is one of the many things that are wrong about Kentucky Basketball in 2023. From Coach Rupp through Rick P, a kid of his talent from the Commonwealth would be sign sealed delivered period. If Cal remains, you lack of confidence may be realized. This fact alone is enough in my mind why we have to have a change.

I’m not saying he’s the same , but kids like Chris Harrison , JP Blevins, Brandon Stockton and others put up video game numbers in KY high school basketball…lots of Non-Cal era guys didn’t pan out as big stars after huge HS careers . Others that were maybe better athletes with lesser numbers did better …Dom Hawkins , etc. A lot of those guys had long offer sheets from big time schools , also

I’m not saying he’s the same , but kids like Chris Harrison , JP Blevins, Brandon Stockton and others put up video game numbers in KY high school basketball…lots of Non-Cal era guys didn’t pan out as big stars after huge HS careers . Others that were maybe better athletes with lesser numbers did better …Dom Hawkins , etc. A lot of those guys had long offer sheets from big time schools , also
100%. It's a head scratcher for me. Those guys have talent and while they may not be super stars, They should have a place at Kentucky.
Cameron Mills comes to mind...

That is one of the many things that are wrong about Kentucky Basketball in 2023. From Coach Rupp through Rick P, a kid of his talent from the Commonwealth would be sign sealed delivered period. If Cal remains, you lack of confidence may be realized. This fact alone is enough in my mind why we have to have a change.
I’m trying to remember what KY kids Pitino added?
Not a one comes to mind.

In-state talent is a rarity.

I think the level of KY high school bball matters a lot . There’s just a difference between Regions 1 and 13 versus Louisville area competition, and some others . Not just in HS , but the speed and competition all thru the formative years of playing basketball is just different . Playing competitive summer league competition helps as well

Reactions: Zissou87
I heard Perry can stroke it !!

Reactions: JC CATS
In-state talent is a rarity.
Unfortunately most never get a chance. Since 2015 the supposed 5*'s haven't exactly lit it up.
I'm not saying pick players based on them being from KY exclusively, however kids like Shepard and Perry are way better than average. Give them a shot. They will play for the State of Kentucky not just themselves.

OK Clevenger, where are we with Cal???

How much longer are the people who matter going to put up with this $hit show that is UK basketball right now under Cal?
Like I said last night, don’t know anymore other than there are a lot of moving parts. Sorry I can’t tell ya anything new. This is not sustainable.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Unfortunately most never get a chance. Since 2015 the supposed 5*'s haven't exactly lit it up.
I'm not saying pick players based on them being from KY exclusively, however kids like Shepard and Perry are way better than average. Give them a shot. They will play for the State of Kentucky not just themselves.
How many of those in-state kids have been lighting it up at other top programs though?

• Angry
Reactions: kybloo92
Reed blew me away with his court vision and passing in that summer game against Bronny’s team (I feel so dumb saying that name). He was the best complete player on the floor that night, by a lot.
laughing at the bronny coment'.

Yeah I love his vision and passing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT