ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

the highlights are on YouTube. Perry was 10-16 from three and not a lot of them were catch and shoot. There were several off the dribble which our current guys can’t, won’t or are not allowed to do. Sheppard had a triple double with 32 13 and 10. Perry finished with 45. He is a bucket. Best play in the highlights might have been Sheppard missing a three at the top of the key only to follow his own miss with a dunk. Not sure how many times I’ve ever seen that before.

I was there too . Most fun and exciting high school game I’ve seen . Perry is interesting. I believe he is the best high school shooter I’ve seen since Chris Lofton . How will his game translate though ? I know Purdue is all over him and I think he would be a great fit in their system.
Reed sees in 3d. Probably would have made a great passing quarterback in football.
Little birdie told me he is currently leaning Ole Miss.

Reactions: yoshukai
All the shooting woes we have every year and a shooter like this is not a high priority? I know Cal has already offered him a scholly. And I know his family is part of the BBN. Should be a no doubter where he goes. A shame there would even be a doubt.

Reactions: Nuthinbut
Like I said last night, don’t know anymore other than there are a lot of moving parts. Sorry I can’t tell ya anything new. This is not sustainable.
Thanks.
Sorry, I didn't see you post from last night.

Tried to stay away from posting after that horrible performance at Bama.

Someone is going to have to wrestle our program away from Cal before he completely destroys it in my opinion.

Weren't they there when Pitino got there
Only Pelphrey, Feldhouse and Farmer. Rick Pitino recruited AND played Kentucky kids.

Even Pitino said KY kids play harder for their home school and often play above their talent level when playing for the Cats.

Just look at Anthony Epps. Pitino recruited him and made an all SEC PG out of him and a special player in the clutch.

I venture to say that Cal would have NEVER recruited Epps, and if he did, Epps would have never left the bench.

Those days are long gone under Cal.

Thanks.
Sorry, I didn't see you post from last night.

Tried to stay away from posting after that horrible performance at Bama.

Someone is going to have to wrestle our program away from Cal before he completely destroys it in my opinion.
I saw where John Clay had the courage to raise the question on whether UK and Cal were over. There has to be factions trying to work out something that saves face for all and can begin restoring the program. It means too much to millions of us. I have had a lot of flashbacks recently going back to my beginning with UK with Cotton. The program will be restored. The #1 priority will be winning championships for the University of Kentucky and the kids that wear the uniform will value you that and understand what Kentucky basketball means.

I’ve seen Perry quite a few times and I think he struggles against good competition.
Reed use to be the same way until his junior year. I really like how he controls a game.

I saw where John Clay had the courage to raise the question on whether UK and Cal were over. There has to be factions trying to work out something that saves face for all and can begin restoring the program. It means too much to millions of us. I have had a lot of flashbacks recently going back to my beginning with UK with Cotton. The program will be restored. The #1 priority will be winning championships for the University of Kentucky and the kids that wear the uniform will value you that and understand what Kentucky basketball means.
That day can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Hoping Texas will throw us and Cal a lifeline.

Reactions: delk4three
He'll ride the bench here for two years before he transfers to EKU where he'll lead the nation in scoring, assists, and 3 point FG percentage.

Or, hopefully, he doesn't play more than maybe one year under Cal.

Only Pelphrey, Feldhouse and Farmer. Rick Pitino recruited AND played Kentucky kids.

Even Pitino said KY kids play harder for their home school and often play above their talent level when playing for the Cats.

Just look at Anthony Epps. Pitino recruited him and made an all SEC PG out of him and a special player in the clutch.

I venture to say that Cal would have NEVER recruited Epps, and if he did, Epps would have never left the bench.

Those days are long gone under Cal.
I would take anything Pitino said with a salt lick.

The talent level in the 90s and previous decades was much better in the state than the past decade.

I think you have an inside source (as do I). I don’t want to post much on this since I am too close to the situation and it’s not fair for me to share what I know. So, I will state the obvious If he thinks he will get playing time- or a fair shot- he would go to Uk. As of right now- it’s my strong belief that he will not play for Cal. I think that UK would benefit from him- but it would take a coaching change to make it happen. I also believe that some schools have thrown serious money at him- but he isn’t going to be bought. I also think he is going to see how Reed Sheppard is used next year.

I would take anything Pitino said with a salt lick.

The talent level in the 90s and previous decades was much better in the state than the past decade.
Each to their own.
That guy literally saved the UK basketball program from total oblivion due to the cheating scandal of Eddie the Drunk.

Also won a National Championship while re-building the program from ashes.

I didn't like his huge ego and his Northern arrogance, but the SOB could coach and knew how to develop players.

I would take another 8 year stretch like Pitino gave us. The most exciting brand of basketball at UK by teams not coached by Rupp.

This boring crap that Cal is putting out there is just putrid. Doesn't even resemble UK basketball.

Cal needs to go because he is not going to change a dam thing.

Reed blew me away with his court vision and passing in that summer game against Bronny’s team (I feel so dumb saying that name). He was the best complete player on the floor that night, by a lot.
He sure was. The haters aren’t gonna like that comment, but it’s the truth. Absolutely, 100%.

Reactions: UKortho
I think you have an inside source (as do I). I don’t want to post much on this since I am too close to the situation and it’s not fair for me to share what I know. So, I will state the obvious If he thinks he will get playing time- or a fair shot- he would go to Uk. As of right now- it’s my strong belief that he will not play for Cal. I think that UK would benefit from him- but it would take a coaching change to make it happen. I also believe that some schools have thrown serious money at him- but he isn’t going to be bought. I also think he is going to see how Reed Sheppard is used next year.
Agree on all fronts. Also hear that he's got a solid relationship with Kermit Davis, who has been on him longer than others. Here's hoping Cal won't be here for his freshman season...

Each to their own.
That guy literally saved the UK basketball program from total oblivion due to the cheating scandal of Eddie the Drunk.

Also won a National Championship while re-building the program from ashes.

I didn't like his huge ego and his Northern arrogance, but the SOB could coach and knew how to develop players.

I would take another 8 year stretch like Pitino gave us. The most exciting brand of basketball at UK by teams not coached by Rupp.

This boring crap that Cal is putting out there is just putrid. Doesn't even resemble UK basketball.

Cal needs to go because he is not going to change a dam thing.
I'm not taking away from Pitino's success, nor what he did for the program. However, he has made some crazy statements in the past that were obvious BS.

"My biggest coaching regret is leaving Providence College"

I'm not taking away from Pitino's success, nor what he did for the program. However, he has made some crazy statements in the past that were obvious BS.

"My biggest coaching regret is leaving Providence College"

That may be his biggest regret, but his biggest MISTAKE was leaving UK.

He knows it, and we feel it.

I was there too . Most fun and exciting high school game I’ve seen . Perry is interesting. I believe he is the best high school shooter I’ve seen since Chris Lofton . How will his game translate though ? I know Purdue is all over him and I think he would be a great fit in their system.
Reed sees in 3d. Probably would have made a great passing quarterback in football.
Keith Adkins would outshoot them all.

Most of the 5 stars we get from other states cannot hit the 3 either so we might as well get some kids like Perry who I think would do well at Ky unless Cal ruins him.

You can never have too many shooters. Travis Perry looks like he could be quicker if he had a little better conditioning but those who demonstrate the ability to fill the basket and get their own shots in HS show that same ability in College. Those who don't and make their points by driving to the basket or put backs often do not pan out in college. Hard to teach kids to shoot if it does not come early and natural.

Reactions: delk4three
It’s a double edged sword with Perry

1. Cal will have unused scholarships …so why not get Perry
2. But Cal is gong to play Wqgner and Dilingham next year and Shep some …so Perry will not play as he’s not a Cal athlete Pg

Then Perry gets frustrated and leaves.

A close friend of Cal's actually said his Kentucky gig had run its course and he should have taken the UCLA job when Alford left.

Matt Jones said Missouri coach called Perry before our game against them and said, “tune in and watch what we are about to do to them”. LMAO.

How could any recruit want to come play for this debacle right now? Would be curious to hear Perry and Reed’s honest thoughts about the program right about now.

Matt Jones said Missouri coach called Perry before our game against them and said, “tune in and watch what we are about to do to them”. LMAO.

How could any recruit want to come play for this debacle right now? Would be curious to hear Perry and Reed’s honest thoughts about the program right about now.
top recruiting class in country seems to want to and that includes Reed

Reactions: Nuthinbut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT