ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

Perry will go to Mizzou & put 25 in our eye
We lack skill on this team - he can handle and get his own
Sheperd is a all around player - can’t wait till he gets here

Dide, I was trying to make the point that Perry is good just like Shepherd is good. Do you not understand that if I say, if Anthony Davis isn't good, then Lebron James isn't good. If you think either of those things aren't point, the issue may be that you don't understand how English language works

I hope he goes elsewhere. Don't care much about him after his statement that he wasn't a UK fan, he was a bandwagon fan. Well, he can bandwagon somewhere else.

I hope he goes elsewhere. Don't care much about him after his statement that he wasn't a UK fan, he was a bandwagon fan. Well, he can bandwagon somewhere else.
I’m sure he’s watching to see if UK commits to a style that can utilize his skill set and if Reed gets a chance.

I would be concerned if I was him. Cal hasn’t utilized multiple shooters or really played Ky kids.

If he sticks with the Canada style that would work. If he goes back to the 2 or 3 bigs and emphasizes sheer athletic ability that won’t get it.

Perry needs to go where they value bball skills and bball iq over just athletic ability.

I’m sure he’s watching to see if UK commits to a style that can utilize his skill set and if Reed gets a chance.

I would be concerned if I was him. Cal hasn’t utilized multiple shooters or really played Ky kids.

If he sticks with the Canada style that would work. If he goes back to the 2 or 3 bigs and emphasizes sheer athletic ability that won’t get it.

Perry needs to go where they value bball skills and bball iq over just athletic ability.
I'm not so sure it's completely accurate that he hasn't played Kentucky kids (who are good enough). Here are the Kentucky kids that have played under Cal:

Darius Miller - key role under Cal at UK
Jon Hood - wasn't good enough to play here
Jarrod Polson - played more than most people anticipated he would
Derek Willis - minutes increased over 4 years to 22mpg on the 2017 squad
Dominique Hawkins - minutes increased over 4 years to 19mpg on the 2017 squad
Dontaie Allen - bit of a mystery on why he didn't get a better shot, but an average college player

The only one of the group that I feel was completely mismanaged based on the roster around him was Dontaie. I think everyone else got a pretty fair shake (give or take a little bit).

I think without a doubt, a backcourt of Reed Sheppard and Travis Perry would be the most popular one in UK history for the BBN, at least in my lifetime. Has nothing to do with race either, before I get lit up for that. Its just 2 KY boys from small towns that made their mark and both have higher than normal bb IQs, plus both can shoot the lights out. Would be comparable to the fandom the "Unforgetables" experienced, but maybe to a greater extent. I would even go so far as to say it would bring back alot of the fans that Cal has alienated over the past few years. That is assuming he would play them together.

Last edited:
Shooters like Herro, Quickley, Booker, Murray, Lamb, Knight, Monk, etc. really struggled under Cal’s system.

I see your point.

The point of blind hatred!!

Reactions: Zissou87
I'm not so sure it's completely accurate that he hasn't played Kentucky kids (who are good enough). Here are the Kentucky kids that have played under Cal:

Darius Miller - key role under Cal at UK
Jon Hood - wasn't good enough to play here
Jarrod Polson - played more than most people anticipated he would
Derek Willis - minutes increased over 4 years to 22mpg on the 2017 squad
Dominique Hawkins - minutes increased over 4 years to 19mpg on the 2017 squad
Dontaie Allen - bit of a mystery on why he didn't get a better shot, but an average college player

The only one of the group that I feel was completely mismanaged based on the roster around him was Dontaie. I think everyone else got a pretty fair shake (give or take a little bit).
Allen wasn’t mismanaged. He was given more than a fair shot considering he wouldn’t work on his game. Or move on the court.

Knox could get open in the same offense. Juzang was learning to get open when he decided to bail.

Reactions: Zissou87
Allen wasn’t mismanaged. He was given more than a fair shot considering he wouldn’t work on his game. Or move on the court.

Knox could get open in the same offense. Juzang was learning to get open when he decided to bail.
I don’t totally disagree. Was more thinking about the start of his freshman year when he couldn’t sniff the court during the 1-6 start and then exploded against MSU when Cal got tossed. But yes, he had opportunities after that and could not capitalize.

Shooters like Herro, Quickley, Booker, Murray, Lamb, Knight, Monk, etc. really struggled under Cal’s system.

I see your point.

The point of blind hatred!!
I think the point is Cal hasn’t played multiple shooters at the same time. One guy parked in the corner type stuff.

In Canada there was a noticeable Welch difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT