ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry, does he end up here, yes or no ?

He won’t and it would be cool to have him, he’s not make or break. So, option C: doesn’t matter

Reactions: cateyes
If Perry goes elsewhere, it won’t be because Cal didn’t want him. Have to be able to defend and pass at this level. Can he? I don’t know. Have only heard about the kid, have never watched him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think he’s watching closely to see if Cal and UK commit to a spread offense that uses multiple shooters and high iq multi skilled players. If we continue the offense we used in Canada he would fit in well. Has the shooting passing and ball handling skills. Good enough defender. Team player. Tough minded and calm.

If we go back to the one corner shooter offense he’s better off elsewhere

I'd say Ole Miss.
He seems to love the school for some reason.
The coaching change didn't seem to change his mind any and may end up being a positive.

He and Beard are are a match from hell. Ole Miss will bring a bunch of kids from portal to fill out the roster this year

If he's good enough to play at UK he will. If he's not, he won't.

There is nothing wrong with our offense. Nor has there ever been. It's a pro offense. Players that play have always thrived in this offense. Players that can't have problems with it. If Perry is a system guy then he needs to seek his system.

I've seen him play a couple times. The opponents were not very good so it's hard to say. What's he doing on the AAU circuit when he plays against future D1 players? He doesn't look like he can guard at this level.

But I never saw Sheppard play live. His videos looked like he couldn't guard this level. But it now appears he can.

If he choses UK and is good enough to play, Cal will play him. If he's not good enough to play, he can ride the bench here and collect NIL money. It's his choice. If he doesn't chose UK then I couldn't care less what bench he rides.

There is nothing wrong with our offense. Nor has there ever been. It's a pro offense. Players that play have always thrived in this offense. Players that can't have problems with it. If Perry is a system guy then he needs to seek his system.

I've seen him play a couple times. The opponents were not very good so it's hard to say. What's he doing on the AAU circuit when he plays against future D1 players? He doesn't look like he can guard at this level.

But I never saw Sheppard play live. His videos looked like he couldn't guard this level. But it now appears he can.

If he choses UK and is good enough to play, Cal will play him. If he's not good enough to play, he can ride the bench here and collect NIL money. It's his choice. If he doesn't chose UK then I couldn't care less what bench he rides.
There was nothing wrong with Tubbys offense since it scored the same points as Cal’s offense with much less talent.

Last edited:
I think he’s watching closely to see if Cal and UK commit to a spread offense that uses multiple shooters and high iq multi skilled players. If we continue the offense we used in Canada he would fit in well. Has the shooting passing and ball handling skills. Good enough defender. Team player. Tough minded and calm.

If we go back to the one corner shooter offense he’s better off elsewhere
well said

Reactions: Kybluedude

Low IQ

Great Shooter
High Basketball IQ
Very Coachable
Fantastic Defensive Instincts
Lacks Athleticism, Speed, and Quickness, but Makes UP for it by Chess Grandmaster like anticipation
Lives in the gym
Last free throw he missed was in 2010

What is Cal waiting for?

I think this may be the key
I just don't think Perry will wait until spring to commit.
If he signs in Nov, he won't get to see Reed in game action before the decision unless you count BBM or the blue/white game.
I think it's a three team race with Ole Miss,Purdue and Cincy.
In interviews he has repeatedly said he wants to play for a coach who " plays the right way".
I interpret that as he's definitely looking for a system that will highlight his abilities.

I just don't think Perry will wait until spring to commit.
If he signs in Nov, he won't get to see Reed in game action before the decision unless you count BBM or the blue/white game.
I think it's a three team race with Ole Miss,Purdue and Cincy.
In interviews he has repeatedly said he wants to play for a coach who " plays the right way".
I interpret that as he's definitely looking for a system that will highlight his abilities.

Ole Miss- coached by domestic abuser. Not sure that's the "right way"

Purdue- Painter just doesn't impress me. He's a good coach, but always falls short in post season. Not sure if that's what you should look for, but to each his own.

Cincy? Wes Miller? I guess he's ok. Just not overly impressive up there yet.

Wouldn't be surprised for this to be a CJ Fredrick type of situation. I think if he was told he would get playing time at UK then he would end up here, but I think he will end up at Purdue or Cincinnati. I have some family that follow the Lyon Co team around, and lately I haven't heard them mention Ole Miss as much since the coaching change. Also heard an NIL deal has been expressed by Cincy that would be hard to turn down if I was him, but obviously can't 100% confirm that. I think Purdue makes the most sense in the end because of how they like to play, and Painter making him feel like a priority from early on.

So sad that this is even in question. He will come to UK IF Calapari really cares and acts like they REALLY want him. There is a difference between offering and really recruiting a kid. They know the difference. My guess is Ole Miss, Purdue, and Cincinnati are really recruiting him. Adolph and Joe B would have had him in the fold the day they offered him.

Reactions: bigbluedon
So sad that this is even in question. He will come to UK IF Calapari really cares and acts like they REALLY want him. There is a difference between offering and really recruiting a kid. They know the difference. My guess is Ole Miss, Purdue, and Cincinnati are really recruiting him. Adolph and Joe B would have had him in the fold the day they offered him.

Calipari has done a pretty decent job of inking top KY talent in fairness.

Hood, Polson, Hawkins, Willis, Allen, Sheppard + other walk on's. It is honestly better than Tubby or Rick did with in state talent that they actually recruited out of HS.

The truth of the matter is at least over past 25 years or so the majority of in state kids just didn't pan out at UK. Tackett, Stockton, Blevins are glaring examples.

I'm not saying this kid won't pan out but his recruitment shouldn't be held to a higher standard than anyone else's....a guy like Reed (legacy) was a must get, this kid isn't, JMHO.

Last edited:
Calipari has done a pretty decent job of inking top KY talent in fairness.

Hood, Polson, Hawkins, Willis, Allen, Sheppard + other walk on's. It is honestly better than Tubby or Rick did with in state talent that they actually recruited out of HS.

The truth of the matter is at least over past 25 years or so the majority of in state kids just didn't pan out at UK. Tackett, Stockton, Blevins are glaring examples.

I'm not saying this kid won't pan out but his recruitment shouldn't be held to a higher standard than anyone else's....a guy like Reed (legacy) was a must get, this kids isn't, JMHO.
Reed was also an McDonald's All-American, which is extremely rare in these parts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT