ADVERTISEMENT

Who Will Be the FIRST Commit (or Re-Commit) of the Mark Pope Era?

It's hard to tell. Seems like a waiting game right now. Plus, depending on who commits when, the staggering of announcements, you'd think they'd want a big name up there first. I'm not overthinking it, just hanging in there to see what happens.

Think the first will be Aly Khalifa, just because he's the furthest along in the portal process.

Jaxon Robinson will move quick once he hits the portal IMO.

Amari Williams could land this weekend.

I'm going to say:
1. Khalifa
2. Robinson
3. Williams

Just a total shot in the dark.

I Don’t want Khalifa unless as a 9th-13th man.
I don’t think it will be him for some strange reason. Why would you hit the portal with a do not contact ? Usually those players follow their coach….. Then he adds his old school and Louisville to the mix. Something isn’t adding up there if he had planned on following Pope to UK.

Reactions: Fox2monk and BBUK
We need a couple guys who know the offense. He could be a rotation player. We need bodies badly right now.
I don't disagree that it would be good to have a couple players like that. It's not rocket science, it's basketball.

We will get bodies, good bodies. I'm not saying 100% don't get him, I'm saying don't get him to be a key (top 8) player. Why? Because:
- he can make some 3's, but isn't a good 3pt shooter (31.5%)
- he isn't that great at 2's (49.2%), so made only 38.6% overall
- he is a bad rebounder (5.7 per30min, by comparison every front court player we had this year except Edwards averaged 7.0+)
- he averages less than 1 Block+Steal combined per game
- he only makes 62.1% of his FTs
- the ONLY thing he does well is get assists (6.1 per30min).
- and at 270 lbs there is no way he can defend well, except maybe another guy his size

I don’t think it will be him for some strange reason. Why would you hit the portal with a do not contact ? Usually those players follow their coach….. Then he adds his old school and Louisville to the mix. Something isn’t adding up there if he had planned on following Pope to UK.
I think he wanted to follow Pope, and then Pope said you might not be in the top 8-9 guys at Kentucky.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I’d like to see JB come back and lead us to victory over Arkansas. Bittersweet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT