ADVERTISEMENT

Tracy Webster may have been the tipping point with Brown, per MJ

Why would Republicans agree to have a debate on KSR? Matt Jones is to the left of Trotsky

Post like this crack me up. You wrote it like you are going to the "way back machine" and dropping knowledge on us. When the Royce White story is literally one of the better known, and most recent, stories fresh on the minds of virtually anyone who ever watched a basketball game.

I also enjoy how people draw parallels too, with very few dots to draw conclusions with. So a kid who chose not to play at UK because he may, or may not, want to deal with our crap reminds you of a mentally deranged forward from a couple years ago...oh yeah he didn't make a spectacle out of his announcement either...he must be nuts.

Did I mention in my post that I was going way back in b'ball history? Did I hint at the fact that no one would know the story but me? Did I draw any parallels between Brown and White? Did I hint that their situations where the same or even close to it? No...No...No...and NO. All I said is that Brown picking Cal allegedly because he doesn't like the limelight made me think of White, who quite honestly I hadn't thought of for a number of years. No way did I infer, or compare Brown to a 'mentally deranged forward', your words not mine. I used to live in Atlanta. I've been close to college basketball for many years and I know people who are familiar with the Brown family. And he is nothing other than a fine young man. And, I for one have no problem with the fact that Brown announced his college choice in a low key manner.

I know Royce white and
95% of the NBA is made up of players who are not superstars (NBA speaking that is). Not wanting the spotlight would/should not concern any NBA GM. You can either play well enough to earn a roster spot in the league or you cant. Very few will ever rise to superstar status.

Mkg approves this message. He was not a vocal leader. He led by example. He reached his dream to play for cal, even though he had a fear of speaking, speech impediment, and fear of exposure. I applaud him for coming here even though we demand so much from our team.

He didn't want to be in a fish bowl. I don't care who's on our roster. He would of got more media/fan attention at UK than anywhere else in the country. IMO

And yet Brown anticipates being a top 3 lottery pick.

He better get used to the fishbowl. UK would have helped him with that.

So going to Cal and being the best bball recruit in the past however-many years won't garner tons of attention? Versus coming to a program where you are amongst recruits that will share in the spotlight and effectively water-down the spotlight? That's silly IMO.

The name of the game in this day and age is exposure. At UK, you can average 21 mpg on a team LOADED with talent and go from absent on the mock drafts to a mid-first rounder (Booker), or you can go somewhere else, a school with far less exposure, average more than 30 minutes a game, be your teams leading scorer, and go from being a mid-first rounder out of high school to a second round pick (Rashad Vaughan at UNLV). Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, playing for a team like UK, where you'll have to share the load, but who is also on TV every single game vs. playing for Cal where you can be the man, and only be in a national televised game 2 or 3 times a year (if you're lucky) it is better for your career prospects to play at UK. Just sayin...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT