ADVERTISEMENT

Tough loss, but...

May 12, 2003
Seton Hall is a good team.
Big stage - MSG
Powell was incredible.
Unbelievable shot by KJ.
Poor shooting again by Herro.
Zero points out of Montgomery and Green?.
Long trip home.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Big stage - MSG
Powell was incredible.
Unbelievable shot by KJ.
Long trip home.

Just to be clear, Seton Hall is a below-average team in the Big East Conference. Yes, Seton Hall is good in the sense of being top 100, but they're not an NCAA tournament team right now. A team like that can't be considered "good" in any meaningful definition of the term.

Big stage - MSG
Powell was incredible.
Unbelievable shot by KJ.
Long trip home.
SHU was 5-3 before today.....that's not a good team.

Again, they played thier best game of the yr. This happens to UK for some reason. Dude played the game of his life. It is what it is

Powell is good. He single handily won the game. Was hitting everything.

It never fails. Kids channel their inner Kobe Bryant against us and then disappear for the rest of the season.

It is what it is. We got beat.

Reactions: aikenite4uk
This was a bad loss no matter how you look at it. It is what it is and what has been the trend the last 4 years. We have yet another grossly under achieving team. Top 2 or 3 level talent but playing like a 40th ranked team. Happening year after year now. I no longer care who we recruit because this will happen again next season and the season after it. Cal is a bad rut and he needs to change. What he did 10 years ago isn't working now.

We know that's coming with every team.....why can't it be stopped?
Bad luck I guess. We didnt play very well and they played thier best. When our resume gets evaluated at the end of the season this will be in the bad loss category

Big stage - MSG
Powell was incredible.
Unbelievable shot by KJ.
Long trip home.
Amazing how some try to justify a team laying a turd.

Reactions: Aces Fan
Seton Hall is not a good team.
I hear this over and over against from BS artists like you. The fact is, no one knows how good Seton Hall will be by the end of the season. No one knows how good Kentucky will be come March.

The fact is, Seton Hall had a really good player go off on us today. He single handedly kept them in the game. Don't make asinine comments saying they're no good. They played great today.

Reactions: Abbo71
well, this is the formula for beating UK: someone on the team must have a career unconscious shooting game from outside. It happens. That is why there will never be another undefeated team, champion. HOWEVER, it does NOT happen in March!

If this it what it takes to beat us, we are in pretty good shape.

I hear this over and over against from BS artists like you. The fact is, no one knows how good Seton Hall will be by the end of the season. No one knows how good Kentucky will be come March.

The fact is, Seton Hall had a really good player go off on us today. He single handedly kept them in the game. Don't make asinine comments saying they're no good. They played great today.

It was a great game today. We're a young team but Powell is one of the best players in the Big East. Instant classic that will help both teams the rest of the season.

Big stage - MSG
Powell was incredible.
Unbelievable shot by KJ.
Long trip home.

Longtrip, I hate to tell you, but your a bad judge of teams. Seton Hall is not a good team. Our play today made them look good, but let's face it, we're not a good team. Hopefully, by Tournament time, we will be better. Who have we played besides PUKE that was good, NO ONE. I don't understand why we schedule all these Cup Cake teams early. I really don't think you can learn much about your team if their not tested. Puke proved we were not as good as we thought we would be.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Good God, buddy..yeah, ONE guy did go off on us again..just like VMI did, UNC Greensboro did, KState last year, UCLA's Welch Bird looking Mother****er did multiple times, etc etc....at some point you have to stop allowing that shit. That's on the Coach. Even IF (and that's a big IF) Seton Hall ends up being "good", they are not good at all right now. It seems like the only one "Bsing" right now is you. No offense.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Powell is good. He single handily won the game. Was hitting everything.

It never fails. Kids channel their inner Kobe Bryant against us and then disappear for the rest of the season.

It is what it is. We got beat.
what did he make? 6-7 in a row? That's almost impossible, and some of them were double-teamed.. Good player to pick it up in the 2nd half. Hat's off the SH and him. better team won today

Good God, buddy..yeah, ONE guy did go off on us again..just like VMI did, UNC Greensboro did, KState last year, UCLA's Welch Bird looking Mother****er did multiple times, etc etc....at some point you have to stop allowing that shit. That's on the Coach. Even IF (and that's a big IF) Seton Hall ends up being "good", they are not good at all right now. It seems like the only one "Bsing" right now is you. No offense.
So what would YOU do differently if you were Quickly and/or Hagans who forced the guy into contested, off balance, double clutch three point attempts that he buried every time? Tell me how YOU would have defended him. Geez.

Reactions: jackcarlson
Seton Hall essentially had 3 losses before December! NCAA basketball season didnt start until early mid November. Let that sink it. What makes you think we don't already know they are not a good team.

And all 3 losses we're to unranked teams....

Seton Hall essentially had 3 losses before December! Let that sink it. What makes you think we don't already know they are not a good team.

And all 3 losses we're to unranked teams....
1. Rankings don't mean squat in December.
2. The season is 4 months long
3. Sometimes average teams play exceptional games ....that why they call them UPSETS. They played Louisville a close game as well.

So what would YOU do differently if you were Quickly and/or Hagans who forced the guy into contested, off balance, double clutch three point attempts that he buried every time? Tell me how YOU would have defended him. Geez.

Well, you're asking the wrong guy. I'm not the one making 8 million dollars..but I do know that when it keeps happening, it's not just "Oh he's hot against UK..another guy"..I personally would recruit a Liggins like player/glue defender..or MKG type defender..and that shit wouldn't be happening anymore.

They are not a good team. Very average at best and will be lucky to finish .500 in their conference. Not even a NCAA tournament team.
Another guy with a crystal ball that can see the future...must be nice to be so omnipotent. You probably predicted KY would go 4-8 in football this year.

Just to be clear, Seton Hall is a below-average team in the Big East Conference. Yes, Seton Hall is good in the sense of being top 100, but they're not an NCAA tournament team right now. A team like that can't be considered "good" in any meaningful definition of the term.
A team we just lost to.

Another guy with a crystal ball that can see the future...must be nice to be so omnipotent. You probably predicted KY would go 4-8 in football this year.
And what's your big prediction?

Since you obviously know so much please tell everyone what seed Seton Hall will be in the tournament. They'll be lucky to be a NIT team.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Since you obviously know so much please tell everyone what seed Seton Hall will be in the tournament. They'll be lucky to be a NIT team.
Moron...my point was it's too early in the season to define who is good and who isn't. I don't know and neither do the nay saying trolls on this board who claim Seton Hall is a bad team. They certainly weren't bad today.

I would agree, we are not a good team. I mean if we only had 8 McDonald’s all Americans on our team maybe then we would be good. Oh wait..,.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT