ADVERTISEMENT

Toppin

Know what's kind of odd? So many kids seem to explode after they leave UK. Matthews, Baker, Juzang (transfers) and a good number that went to the NBA, like Booker, Herro, Bam, Mulder, Quickly, Murray, Fox. I mean, Quickley was damn good here last year, but not anywhere near as good as he is for the Knicks.
I would not be surprised if Clarke and Boston do the same thing. something is broken in Cal's offense, but it was REALLY broken this year.
Huh? So your literally using guys getting to focus on there craft all day with no limitations on there coaches against Cal? Not to mention of course players get better after a year of high level college ball. These dudes are 18 at Uk are you suggesting it’s uncommon for players to get better as they get older lmao. And Quickley averaged 18 ppg at UK on better shooting percentages. The only player on that list who got considerably better was Mulder and have you looked at who was in front of him and who he practiced against.

It's an interesting question.....we literally have kids with the potential talent level of guys like former UK players like Anthony Epps, Antwain Barbour, Jules Camara, Erik Daniels, Ramel Bradley, Perry Stevenson, etc...that have a mindset they are good enough to make $$$ in pro ball vs. college ball.

- Was there much of any difference between Antwain Barbour vs. Terrance Clarke? Barbour was not that good at UK but was a good athlete and I don't remember him doing anything in NBA....
- Ramel Bradley/Cliff Hawkins.....are on the same level of talent of Ashton Hagans/Marquis Teague...who both left UK after 1-2 years and will do little to anything in NBA.

We are in a new era where college education means little to nothing and isn't valued. I think it's well past time for college to reset and push themselves to value of college and let kids that don't value education to move on if that is their desire. I think we should push this on coaches as well to value college/education once again.

Yep. The glamorization and professionalization of college basketball makes it very “meh” imo.

Like obviously I understand the elites and even the super good stars doing what needs to be done to make millions and millions in the NBA. That makes sense, but it’s as if getting a full ride scholarship means nothing anymore. A full 4 year (or longer) education isn’t even valued whatsoever. A plethora of people would kill to have a full scholarship with free food, stipend, room and board, free gear, amazing trainers and nutritionists, insane facilities, tutors, mentors, being able to travel all over the country, making connections etc.

Of course the only way to end “generational poverty” ( super offensive if you think about it- which is an entirely different topic) according to Calipari is for someone to make millions and millions in the NBA. If he really and truly wanted to “end generational poverty” then the model and pitch wouldn’t be “NBA/ professional $ contract or bust”.

Last edited:
Huh? So your literally using guys getting to focus on there craft all day with no limitations on there coaches against Cal? Not to mention of course players get better after a year of high level college ball. These dudes are 18 at Uk are you suggesting it’s uncommon for players to get better as they get older lmao. And Quickley averaged 18 ppg at UK on better shooting percentages. The only player on that list who got considerably better was Mulder and have you looked at who was in front of him and who he practiced against.

Slow down partner and relax. No need to rush to Calipari’s defense so quickly. It was an objective observation.

Relax.

Reactions: kyjeff1
We are in a new era where college education means little to nothing and isn't valued. I think it's well past time for college to reset and push themselves to value of college and let kids that don't value education to move on if that is their desire. I think we should push this on coaches as well to value college/education once again.

....it’s as if getting a full ride scholarship means nothing anymore. A full 4 year (or longer) education isn’t even valued whatsoever. A plethora of people would kill to have a full scholarship with free good, stipend, room and board etc.
Maybe it's time for all of college b'ball to go the route of the Ivy League....no athletic scholarships.
I know a number of years ago Vanderbilt went that route as well. Does Vandy still not give out athletic scholarships? Don't know if maybe they had changed policy again or not.

So Matthews, Baker and Juzang are able to focus on their craft 24/7 at UCLA, Michigan and Arizona? Someone needs to notify the NCAA.

You mean to tell me Booker, Bam, Herro and Fox got THAT much better in THAT short amount if time, because they worked 24/7?

Why are NBA people calling Cal's offense "Archaic"? 1+1=2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT