ADVERTISEMENT

Toppin on facing Hopkins

So you honestly are going to argue

Oscar
Reeves
Livingston
Frederick

Are all better defenders? Seriously.

The rest of team hardly matters as they don't play.
I’m not arguing that. I’m stating that Oscar and Toppin are equally bad defenders. But Oscar does get defensive rebounds.

Defensive rebounds are defense. Oscar is better than Toppin.

And maybe PF’s aren’t torching Toppin as someone cherry picked above. But guards are.

Toppin is still in college because he can’t guard.

But also because he can’t catch a cold either.

I know the Vandy guard juked his ass all over the flor in the couple minutes on a crucial play late in that SECT game .. left him back in the lane when the shot was released from 3

Toppin is our best or 2nd best defender…maybe Wallace is better. But Oscar and Reeves are not close to Toppin and Livingston is sort of in the middle IMO

I think our biggest issue is how we defend as a team is not good many games. How we switch , how we play like and roll , do we dig back on penetrations and recover to three point line, etc.

So Toppin iso should be fine on hopkins but putting him in picks and switches is where we break down (and good offensive teams stress defense that way)
sometimes you have to look at the stats. Oscar and Wallace are by far much better defensively. I do think Oscar is generally bad at team defense and why NBA teams aren't exactly jumping at the former POY. I do however think Toppin will be the best NBA player in the bunch. Its going to be Like Booker or SGA. They seem average at UK but once they get with some real development coaches. they turned into superstars. Toppin has a unbelievable skill set that just gets dumbed down like most players at UK do.

sometimes you have to look at the stats. Oscar and Wallace are by far much better defensively. I do think Oscar is generally bad at team defense and why NBA teams aren't exactly jumping at the former POY. I do however think Toppin will be the best NBA player in the bunch. Its going to be Like Booker or SGA. They seem average at UK but once they get with some real development coaches. they turned into superstars. Toppin has an unbelievable skill set that just gets dumbed down like most players at UK do.
I have no idea how you come up with this thought

You say Oscar And Wallace are better defense

Then in next sentence you state Toppin will he better pro when he gets better coaching

I have no idea what you’re seeing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT