ADVERTISEMENT

Top Ten Coaches

Rich Barnes? You lose all credibility when you get one of the coaches name wrong and then to construct a top 10 list with 4 guys who have never won a title but leave off Calipari. Like @UKWildcats1987 said his recent track record excluded he should still be on the list.

• Haha
Reactions: ACT ONE
Having Pitino's name on that list shows what a joke it is. Cal should not be on there; he hasn't been a top coach for a very, very long time.

Best coaches today should not include pitino or Izzo. They're in the Calipari time to retire group.

I think it's a bit hard to evaluate Pitino because of his recent stops. Did perfectly fine at Iona and I thought he did a great job with St. John's last year considering it was a first roster build. I still think he has more in the tank than Izzo.

This Top Ten coaches list is the opinion of probably 1 person. It's like these greatest presidents lists, they aren't worth the paper that they're written on. As everyone on here knows. I'm no fan of John Calipari. BUT his coaching accomplishments are far superior to those of Rick Barnes.

I read one article that said that Pope is the SEC's 9th best coach. Then I read another outside article that said that Pope assembled an elite roster and is an elite coach with his offense.

This is, well, a list. That’s about it. I’m curious what criteria they went by to come up with this list.. 😂

Reactions: KFuqua
Mostly a fair list. I would have Scott Drew under Self.

This list also shows there are basically 5 top tier colleges left in college basketball currently. Kind of a sad state of affairs.

No CAL shocked, lol. I expect Coach Pope to crack the Top 10 within the next few years.
Meh. Tony Bennett being on there along with Rich Barnes doesn't exactly give a ringing endorsement for this guys credibility. Rich Barnes or Rick Barnes shouldn't be on there. But Rich for certain shouldn't.

By the way, I would list Cal before at least 3 of those guys listed. Bennett, Barnes, and Few. Probably even before Drew.

This Top Ten coaches list is the opinion of probably 1 person. It's like these greatest presidents lists, they aren't worth the paper that they're written on. As everyone on here knows. I'm no fan of John Calipari. BUT his coaching accomplishments are far superior to those of Rick Barnes.
I agree.
I posted this because of Barnes being mentioned.
The old Cal, yes, the present Cal, no

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT