ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with Trayanun

ArtLaibsGhost

Junior
Dec 6, 2020
A week ago Stoops said he was healed and working out with team and would be ready to play soon. Now he's saying he doesn't know what his status is and can't say when he will play. I also hear rumors that he may not play all year. Does anyone know what's really going on here. This sounds like some stuff we used to hear on the basketball program. Has he rei-injured the hand, something else or is something else going on. I AM Not saying something is but this doesn't sound right.

I've heard the rumors of him potentially being out all year too. In the new landscape of the NIL world, it would really suck if a guy you gave a lot of NIL money too doesn't sniff the field all year.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
Cal’s crap got old, always dodging questions about player availability. I’m afraid this will only get worse with NIL disputes. Not saying that’s what’s going on here but it makes you wonder.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
My gut tells me...

1. Demi and Wilcox....you can't hardly take carries away from them. Demi has been solid in all aspects...>Wilcox is easy to see the most talented and explosive RB by a lot...so how many carries do you really have for Chip? Then you've got Wimsatt doing the wildcat stuff (he never gives...always keeps it).
2. Chip may be like...I don't want to waste my last year of college splitting carries three way....so he may be RSing to transfer to new school in 2025.

#2 sucks....but the transfer rules are fueling this me first vs team first mentality.

My gut tells me...

1. Demi and Wilcox....you can't hardly take carries away from them. Demi has been solid in all aspects...>Wilcox is easy to see the most talented and explosive RB by a lot...so how many carries do you really have for Chip? Then you've got Wimsatt doing the wildcat stuff (he never gives...always keeps it).
2. Chip may be like...I don't want to waste my last year of college splitting carries three way....so he may be RSing to transfer to new school in 2025.

#2 sucks....but the transfer rules are fueling this me first vs team first mentality.
This is Chip's and Demi's last year of eligibility. Chip has already missed 4 games and a surgery is supposedly on the table to be the best course of action for fix his broken hand. It makes sense for him at this point to consider the surgery now with a RS for the year to maintain his last year of eligibility since he has already missed a third of the season. He will RB1 next year. I don't think we have to worry about a transfer from him.

What about Hairston?
Stoops didnt sound real optimistic about his return timeframe.
What is wrong? Its not the shoulder and he has been hospitalized.
Does not sound good at all although Stoops said he is improving.

I am not surprised if he never plays here. Honestly he is at best a 3rd best rb and we dont need to take reps from these other guys.

If he isn't going to be #1, i suspect he decided to sit out.

Reactions: K_TIME
What about Hairston?
Stoops didnt sound real optimistic about his return timeframe.
What is wrong? Its not the shoulder and he has been hospitalized.
Does not sound good at all although Stoops said he is improving.
Hairston had a shoulder problem then came down with some type of infection. Would guess he was in hospital to be treated by IV. Hopefully this is cleared up soon.

Reactions: bluecoon1
This is Chip's and Demi's last year of eligibility. Chip has already missed 4 games and a surgery is supposedly on the table to be the best course of action for fix his broken hand. It makes sense for him at this point to consider the surgery now with a RS for the year to maintain his last year of eligibility since he has already missed a third of the season. He will RB1 next year. I don't think we have to worry about a transfer from him.
1. Wilcox will have a large say in RB1....to me he looks like Boom Williams-ish.
2. Marquis Davis has all the looks of a dude.....he'll have a big say in RB...especially the bruiser type back. He is already 6'1 200 lbs
3. I am not as rosy on Patterson as many.....but he's there as well.

Chip is a quandry for this year. I'd argue this late in season with 2 guys that have shown they can produce a solid rush attack vs. USC, UGA and Ole Miss (might be the best defenses we'll face all year......Tennessee may be in that group). I don't know what he'll do but it aint' as easy as next year he'll be RB1.

1. Wilcox will have a large say in RB1....to me he looks like Boom Williams-ish.
2. Marquis Davis has all the looks of a dude.....he'll have a big say in RB...especially the bruiser type back. He is already 6'1 200 lbs

Chip is a quandry for this year. I'd argue this late in season with 2 guys that have shown they can produce a solid rush attack vs. USC, UGA and Ole Miss (might be the best defenses we'll face all year......Tennessee may be in that group). I don't know what he'll do but it aint' as easy as next year he'll be RB1.
It is def a quandary. In the build up to Ole Miss there were rumors he may need surgery. That was somewhat refuted but he still isn’t ready. The news I heard was from a reporter and he said he was hearing he was gonna RS. He thing can happen. I don’t think he has RS b4, as his Fresh year was covid and didn’t count. If all that is true he can still play 4 games this season

Reactions: entropy13

Stoops prefers a more Benny Snell like back which is Chip. Wilcox will play but Chip will be RB1...Stoops has proven that year over year what he likes in an RB1 and that will be Chip. At a minimum, he would go into spring camp as RB1. He may get outplayed (I don't see it personally) but I think it is fairly certain he enters camp as RB1 based on Stoops history.

I've heard the rumors of him potentially being out all year too. In the new landscape of the NIL world, it would really suck if a guy you gave a lot of NIL money too doesn't sniff the field all year.
Well at least he still has a redshirt year available to him and possibly a 6th year since he played in the shortened 2020 season. So we could possibly have him back for two more seasons if he's out this year. He could play in four games this year and still maintain his redshirt. Any chance that might be what they are trying to do?

My gut tells me...

It's not his last year of college unless he wants it to be.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Gotta think any NIL money isn’t given if they don’t play. Very much doubt he got or gets a lump sum type of check.

Re Traynum, Stoops said last week that he has not regained strength in his hand therefore would be sidelined a little longer. Appears now the decision has been made to RS. Hope UK can end the year with only 3 RBs.

Stoops prefers a more Benny Snell like back which is Chip. Wilcox will play but Chip will be RB1...Stoops has proven that year over year what he likes in an RB1 and that will be Chip. At a minimum, he would go into spring camp as RB1. He may get outplayed (I don't see it personally) but I think it is fairly certain he enters camp as RB1 based on Stoops history.
Chip has run for

Fr 290 yards
So 402 yards
Jr 92 yards
Sr 373 yards

He isnt' likely to be Benny Snell-ish...(Benny never had less than 1000 yard season in 3 years). I just think it's entirely possible Chip had his shot, got hurt, Demi took the reigns and Wilcox is electric...and that is how this story plays out.

Chip has run for

Fr 290 yards
So 402 yards
Jr 92 yards
Sr 373 yards

He isnt' likely to be Benny Snell-ish...(Benny never had less than 1000 yard season in 3 years). I just think it's entirely possible Chip had his shot, got hurt, Demi took the reigns and Wilcox is electric...and that is how this story plays out.
I didn't say he was Benny Snell...I said he was a back similar to Snell in that he is a big power back. he was brought in to be RB1 this year until his injury. Stoops will keep him as RB1 next year until he loses that spot. That is how Stoops has always operated.

I didn't say he was Benny Snell...I said he was a back similar to Snell in that he is a big power back. he was brought in to be RB1 this year until his injury. Stoops will keep him as RB1 next year until he loses that spot. That is how Stoops has always operated.

Imo that isn't happening.

When we brought him in, we had no idea what dsk gave us, Wilcox wouldn't act right off the field, and Patterson was unproven.

Now dsk is very solid and you don't take carries from Wilcox. So we're in a much different place. Plus We only get better at rb next year.

I don't see him ever taking a snap here. He will rs and transfer.

Chip has run for

Fr 290 yards
So 402 yards
Jr 92 yards
Sr 373 yards

He only played in four games his freshman year due to the Covid shortened season. so he was on pace for nearly 900 yards. He averaged 5.9 YPC which ain't too shabby. He lost his job as a sophomore because he had a case of the fumbles. He only gained 92 yards in his junior year because he had gone to OSU to play Linebacker. He only got carries at the end because they had some injuries and there was a lack of depth.
So I would say he's had some ups and downs, but just needs a good opportunity. He is an older veteran player and I think could be a solid producer for us. No I don't think he will put up Benny or CRod numbers, but could still be a difference maker, especially in short yardage and goal line situations, also as a blocker out of the backfield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT