ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 blood bath continues

There have also been over 45 teams ranked this year I think I heard them say on our game. It’s a crazy parity year. Which makes me mad because we can win it all if we get any consistency in our defense and Cal doesn’t go retarded on offense again. Who knows.

This is exactly why I was making such a big deal early on. We’ve got a great team and a real chance to hang a banner but the coach cannot get in the way again. Would be such a squandered opportunity.

Just think it coincides with the Transfer portal creating more parity. Good players not languishing on the benches of loaded teams or playing at lower level or mid-majors where their talent exceeds the level of play. They move to teams where they can get more PT or face better competition and make teams good that you wouldn't normally think to be good, Like South Carolina for instance.

I hate to lose but atleast give the effort and attempt to change things up to give us the best chance to win. You’re not going to win every game but you don’t have to get embarrassed either when you lose like we did at the chicken coop. We backed down from pressure and no one was a leader, who was grabbing guys trying to get them fired up or vocal on the floor and in TOs??? It’s not about just losing but the way we lost is what bothers me.

But, with other teams "it just happens".

At Kentucky, it's 100% the coach's fault and he needs to be replaced.
Cal’s refusal to adjust is what kills us. It’s like throwing the same speed fastball every single pitch to Major League batters. These D1 teams will figure out how to beat your defense, especially if they know you’ll only play one type of defense and never adjust. It’s absolute insanity.

This is just another spin to try feeding us Cal’s mediocrity.
Cal said we are the Gold Standard so we shouldn’t be getting destroyed on the road or losing at home to UNCW.
Coping mechanism. 😉 Fact is, our coach just isn’t very good. It’s okay to admit it. I cannot wait to have a coach that’ll actually adjust and play guys that are most deserving of minutes and that give UK the best chance to win. Cal can fvck off.

I don’t think we’re going to agree here. UK isn’t immune to a bad loss but we should be immune to frequent bad losses.. which Cal doesn’t seem to be
should also be immune to total domination by a lesser talented team.
should also be immune to losses @ home to lesser talented teams.
an upset on the road by 5, 8 even 10 points is one thing but to be totally dominated & blown out by 20 is unacceptable.

There are no "great" teams in college basketball anymore. It is the way it is now. Last year's tournament was a true sign of this trend. The tournament is anyone's for the taking. Completely different than college football, where there are clearly defined haves and have nots. And you know come postseason the have's will impose their will. More predictable, but great if you are a fan one of those have teams. In basketball, I just don't think things like seeding mean anything anymore. So much parity.

There are no "great" teams in college basketball anymore. It is the way it is now. Last year's tournament was a true sign of this trend. The tournament is anyone's for the taking. Completely different than college football, where there are clearly defined haves and have nots. And you know come postseason the have's will impose their will. More predictable, but great if you are a fan one of those have teams. In basketball, I just don't think things like seeding mean anything anymore. So much parity.
I guess that’s why in last years tournament UCONN beat every team they faced by double digits.
And the tournament two years ago had 3 blue bloods in the FF with bb Kansas winning it.

It makes the idiots acting like UK should always be immune to a bad loss in sports look like, well, idiots.
We all understand that bad losses can happen. Most fans, while we get pissed at first, are capable of getting over the occasional bad loss. The problem is that Cal has developed a pattern of consistent bad losses, and doesn't really get that many good wins.

Most people can live with a tough road loss. I don’t remember much bellyaching after the ATM game. It’s the getting boat raced by a team like SC that gets people pissed.

NIL era.

Think it's gonna generate more parity in basketball long term. I'm fascinated to see if last year's wild final four was an aberration or more of the same coming this season.

Football still gets their best players 3 to 4 years so not gonna see its impact there as much IMO.

Win % by top 10 teams in true road games:

2018-19 .733

2019-20 .661

2020-21 .589

2021-22 .612

2022-23 .598

2023-24 .417

It is indeed a completely different world for college basketball.
That ^^^ says A LOT!!!

I’ve noticed this trend as well. Assume it’s in part due to transfer portal, players playing 5-6 years and no clear cut super dominant odds on title favorite.

Many pundits are predicting the winners of most P6 (football P5 + Big East) conferences will finish the year with 5+ league losses.

It is imperative the Cats go at least 5-4 on the road and undefeated at home. So far, we are 1-2 on the road and losing at UT and Auburn are virtually guaranteed, so the margin for error is slim.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT