ADVERTISEMENT

Toledo RB Peny Boone that rushed for 1,400 yds and was the MAC Offensive Player of the Year………

Guy's a stud, a monster at 6'2" 240, pine knot tough. UK offered out of HS, signed with Maryland and transferred to Toledo. From Detroit. Was hoping he'd come out and UK would offer. Hope they can reel him in.
Damn...imagine opposing defenses having to tackle him and Chip (who is a pretty big back in his own right). That could be a pretty nice backfield

Actually, he's 6-1/242. So he's not just a tank, he's an M1A2 Abrams SepV3 tank.

Boone is an interesting option. He's similar in size to the current version of Rocket Sanders. He also put up similar numbers to Sanders last season, before Sanders got hurt and gained weight. But Boone has demonstrated he can produce at this weight. Sanders racked up his yardage at 225 lbs. He did very little this season after the weight gain.

Remember when we recruited him out of high school. Liked him then! Reel him in Big Dog!

Does UK need another back?
We're losing 3 RBs (Davis, Jefferson, McClain). How many do we have incoming? Currently have one transfer (Trayanum) and 2 incoming freshmen. But I'm a little nervous about having only Trayanum and Sumo with any experience - especially with Sumo not being anything close to an every down back. I'm hoping Wright and Wilcox can step up but Wright was underwhelming as a freshman and coming off injury.

IMO the running back position is 1 of the easiest for inexperienced guys to pick up and contribute quickly. If the staff wants this guy then I'll be all in. But I think we'd be fine with Chip + Sumo + Wilcox + this year's 2 signees

Is transferring and UK is one of the 3 schools he’s considering(UofL and FSU are the other 2).

This kid would be a great addition to the program!!! Hope we get him!!
He says Florida State, Kentucky, or Louisville. I guess Florida State gets him if they really go after him. If it comes down to Kentucky or Louisville, every reason to believe Kentucky would look more attractive. Kentucky the better team, established coaching staff, better league, nicer city.

Stoops said yesterday that he will try and get players to make us better. Dem-Sum got third string touches yesterday. That may have been because it was Jefferson’s last game, but it is hard to see Dem-Sum being a primary RB for this team, but rather that he would continue to be what he was this year. The rest of the backfield is totally unproven. If Stoops wants a one-two punch, I am not sure, at this point, who pairs with Trayanum. UK may also need one more proven back.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT