ADVERTISEMENT

Today’s loss is 100% on CCC!

Can't wait for GoHerd to come on in here and praise Cal's defensive adjustments for this game....

I am so glad this game gave you guys a chance to show everyone how smart you are. Bravo.. Bravo

So you want to zone two guys who were hitting threes all day and zone when we were getting killed on the boards.

Both would have been worse than they were
It wouldn’t matter! The scenario doesn’t matter. Cal never switches up our defense. Rather them shoot a 20+ foot jumper than a layup or free throws, but that’s just me.

I know, so it's better to try to get one thing to an acceptable level before throw something else into the mix. We can either try to be a good man to man team or a bad zone and bad man to man team.
You don’t have to master zone. Just a change of pace for 2-3 possessions. Cal’s defense of switching everything, horrible high ball screen/pick and roll defense has been the same for years and extremely predictable.

Watch how many times there is confusion on switching where both defenders stay with the ball and leave a man wide open.

I didn’t see that except for those 2 back to back calls
Haha that end sequence was surreal. Calling an offensive foul on that A&M player (which was horrific) then the defensive on shepperd was straight up bizarre. Then the shadow foul with 8 seconds to go, again a call that should never be made in the last minute of the game. They couldn’t even tell who committed the foul. That was straight up crazy

So you want to zone two guys who were hitting threes all day and zone when we were getting killed on the boards.

Both would have been worse than they were
How do we know that what proof do you have. I'm tired of the same old zone won't work, you can't rebound out of a zone stuff, you give up wide open threes, thats exactly what we watched A&M do to us the whole game. When you can see things aren't working at least try something else, in this case it would be a matchup zone. We've lost two and maybe three champships because of old hard head Cal.

He’s pretty bad, man. We got beat via the high ball screen constantly. Basically the entire second half. Zero adjustments!
Every damn time UK loses, someone says 'this one is on Cal.' Why don't the people who do this son regularly and predictably, apply tpo replace Cal as the HC? Something tells me UK wouldn't hire you. Could you have recruited all these stud players? Of course you could. Right!

There is Always hope by year 2029 he will employ a second defense
Took him 13 years to figure out your allowed to try and score on inbounds plays under your basket
He’s a bad Coach - we are stuck with him unfortunately
A gatherer of great young talent but just a poor teacher of basic fundamentals such as the hard hedge - the block out - rotations on defense - drawing charges
Another puss that disappeared during the 6 gam winning streak.

Every damn time UK loses, someone says 'this one is on Cal.' Why don't the people who do this son regularly and predictably, apply tpo replace Cal as the HC? Something tells me UK wouldn't hire you. Could you have recruited all these stud players? Of course you could. Right!
Lmao you got an excuse for why we NEVER change our defense?! Also, your argument is weak af. Take a lap!

Watching TAM play against everybody else vs UK was night and day

A lot of that was how we defended them…do we even scout opponents

Other teams made Radford drive right and with Taylor they hard hedged with agile bigger defender

They got whatever they wanted

Over and over and over

Reactions: rolaid and Girthang
Just got back from College Station after stopping in Houston for dinner. I’m not going to shed a my new light on what’s already been said. Amazing how two guys scored all this points in the second half on taking advantage of just a high ball screen. Buzz Williams must have been thinking, “I guess if Cal‘s not going to try anything else, why should I?” UK simply doesn’t go hard after rebounds - flat-footed, waiting for the ball to come to them. UK is a fun team to watch and will get better, but the defense probably won’t without interior help.

I'm on record stating that I want Cal gone, but I'm not sure you can pin this one on him, for the most part.
At some point each player has to take accountability for their defensive effort, and subsequent lack thereof. With the athleticism and talent we have, guys have to reach down deep and make up their mind they're going to get into a dude's grill, as well as playing with some damn energy and heart on the defensive end. JMHO.

Reactions: ManitouDan
OP is a total clown and has shown he’s not a UK fan. Stop falling for stupid troll posts like this.
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t make them a clown.
Cal sucked today. It’s true.

And before you start the nonsense, yes this is my first post.

A big problem we have other than cals inability to coach defense is how soft our 7 footers are

Mm

Its not your first post…its your first post under this name

Reactions: JFCats22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT