ADVERTISEMENT

Times Announced For Supers

GGCAT

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
All three games start at Noon, all three games will be televised by ESPN or ESPN2

Okay... the first game at noon somewhat helps UK I think. Probably a smaller crowd during the day on a work week, but I don't know.

Still, that really really annoys me that it is at noon. It is a huge game and a huge series and really shouldn't be during the day on a workday. Other than the LSU/Miss State series I don't think there is a series that will have a better atmosphere. Both of those games should be prime time. Move everything else around.

Okay... the first game at noon somewhat helps UK I think. Probably a smaller crowd during the day on a work week, but I don't know.

Still, that really really annoys me that it is at noon. It is a huge game and a huge series and really shouldn't be during the day on a workday. Other than the LSU/Miss State series I don't think there is a series that will have a better atmosphere. Both of those games should be prime time. Move everything else around.

Looks like ESPN is basically stacking 2 series together in each time slot (Noon, 3, 6 & 9) and "basically" grouping by time zone. So as we are one of 3 in the Eastern zone we are in the early slot. FSU also plays at noon and Wake at 3.

So who starts game one?

I imagine that it is Justin Lewis. If we win game 1 then I think we probably pitch Thompson. If we lose game 1 then I think we pitch Hjelle. I think we'd try to give Hjelle a longer rest if we can.

What is nice is that Pop was up and warming up, so hopefully he is back to help us out of the bullpen. Also, I think Logue is actually a very solid bullpen pitcher. I think if he limits his pitches to 30-50 he is less likely to give up the home run and will be much much more effective. I think going forward he'll be a very good asset as a middle reliever.

crap, will be hot as heck, and no way I can go on Friday. May try Saturday if I can get a ticket

Agreed....Hjelle will be saved for what would be an elimination or advance game. (so 2 or 3)

Though I have to say if we win game 1, would be mighty tempted to throw him in game 2 and just put the thing to bed.

I imagine that it is Justin Lewis. If we win game 1 then I think we probably pitch Thompson. If we lose game 1 then I think we pitch Hjelle. I think we'd try to give Hjelle a longer rest if we can.

What is nice is that Pop was up and warming up, so hopefully he is back to help us out of the bullpen. Also, I think Logue is actually a very solid bullpen pitcher. I think if he limits his pitches to 30-50 he is less likely to give up the home run and will be much much more effective. I think going forward he'll be a very good asset as a middle reliever.
Good call CB3...SEC network just said Lewis #GOCATS

DT...there with you . Drive back to Louisville...bed at 5, but man was it worth it:baseball::boxing:[banana]:pimp::cool2:
I envy you, you're more of a man than I was. Took my boys, and we bailed in the 6th. Was already late, had to work the next morning, etc. etc. Now I regret it of course - you can sleep anytime!

I don't know how the atmosphere will be in Corvallis, but I'm also very interested to see what happens in the Vandy-Oregon St series. The Beavs have been nearly unbeatable, but Vandy has the pitchers to match up with them. Should be fun.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
UL HC won't understand the noon deal. He said last Friday the elite teams were on tv in the evening while the lesser teams played at noon. UK played last Fri at noon and UL played at 7pm. Was that a shot at UK? I think it was! Did we drag them down?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT