ADVERTISEMENT

Time to say bye bye, Cal

He should be given a choice.....resign immediately or be fired. I'm sick of this shit. There is no way John Calipari can be given another year. He has to go, one way or another. I am done with UK basketball until this clueless POS is gone.

I've been reasonably supportive of him over the years, but if he can't win with this team, he can't win period.

Time for him to go.

He's lost me forever
I really enjoy your posts. You are respectful and level headed. My opinions match yours, and this post is another one that I agree with.
I thought before the season that he would leave after this season if we flamed out early in the tournament. We’ll see how off I was.
I’m going to add that I think Cal will head to Ann Arbor.

I've been reasonably supportive of him over the years, but if he can't win with this team, he can't win period.

Time for him to go.

He's lost me forever
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

The longer Calipari stays coaching the more it's going to tarnish his "legacy" of being a "good" coach.

I know there are some that believe he's not a good coach (I'm one of them!).

But regardless of which side of the fence you are on this. He can't keep this up. In fact the ship may have already sailed on his "legacy". (May have sailed a long time ago).

It's time to hang it up.

If an AD's actions (whether it was his decision or not) costs the school 30+ million to fire a coach
and the school should have fired the coach 2 seasons ago but couldn't resulting in tanked seasons

then the AD has to go, just as much, if not more , than the coach

I think they’ll be a negotiated buyout and then he takes the Michigan job. I don’t like the name calling etc but I think he can’t come back to run this program, he’s gotta know the support just won’t be there. But where do we go after Hurley??? He gets my first call.

It would be best for both sides if this was over. But Mitch giving him an asinine buyout really makes this Cal’s decision. I don’t believe we’re paying over 40 million dollars to go to Scott Drew(34 buyout and then a big Drew salary of at least 6M I’d assume). The 3 freshmen guards went 3-19 and Cal avoided the portal to his own detriment.

Regardless of the coach, the only good thing I can think of from tonight for UK might be Reed being so ridiculously bad that he wants to come back.

Cal saved his ass last season by dangling this recruiting class as his weapon. I said then that Freshman will never win the title. Not in the age of the portal and men vs boys. Cal recruits because he cannot coach. WHY DO WE CONTINUE to have this argument? We should have ended this last year because we would be 1 year removed from this nightmare.

the thing is, I don't think Barnhart is behind the lifetime contract - by all accounts he despises Cal.

Cal has someone higher up that has his back, allowing him to be an arrogant ass

but I don't care, the AD has a responsibility to the program, and just because some big money guy or a school president or whoever loves Cal, Mithc should have stepped in years ago instead of going radio silent on Cal

The best situation possible is Cal is so distressed by this loss he finally realizes he's washed as a coach and resigns

Y

Time for him to go.

He's lost me forever
You have been a loyal fan and poster for years and I know you're an educated man.
So, I think you'll understand this.
The ridiculous contract and the buyout has hamstrung the university.
I am angry over the state of the program.
It's like groundhog Day every year.
There's a staying that the pen is mightier than the sword.
Amazing what the stroke of a pen has done.
If Cal is a narcissist, his ego is the cataract that blinds him to stepping down.
There has to be more to all this mess that what appears to be.
This is a sad time for true fans.
JMO

Y

Time for him to go.

He's lost me forever
You have been a loyal fan and poster for years and I know you're an educated man.
So, I think you'll understand this.
The ridiculous contract and the buyout has hamstrung the university.
I am angry over the state of the program.
It's like groundhog Day every year.
There's a staying that the pen is mightier than the sword.
Amazing what the stroke of a pen has done.
If Cal is a narcissist, his ego is the cataract that blinds him to stepping down.
There has to be more to all this mess that what appears to be.
This is a sad time for true fans.
JMO

Reactions: westerncat
It is hard to know when its your time to hang it up. With the overwhelming talent that this team has, Cal knows it is time.

He will not equal the talent that was on this team again.

It is time to go gracefully. History will treat him well- BBN will endear him much as they did Joe B. The younger guys on this board know nothing of the blistering treatment that Joe B got during his tenure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT