ADVERTISEMENT

Time to 'fess up. Classic movies you've never watched

Blueisbest

All-American
Mar 22, 2003
I have never watched Pulp Fiction or The Usual Suspects. Plus, I have only watched about half of The Big Lebowski. Finally got around to watching Fargo a couple of months ago. Good movie.

Anybody else have any glaring omissions like those?

E.T., Gone With the Wind, Pulp Fiction, Casablanca, Harry Potter series, and a few more.

Reactions: GLR5555
Godfather - and I love mafia movies- just never got around to watching it. Also pretty much any major movie before 1980

Reactions: bbonds
Just recently sat after to go through classics like Casablanca, African Queen, Citizen Kane. Honestly some are decent but for the most part wasn't all that impressed. And, no, it wasn't the special effects, etc. Mostly it was story, writing, and the way it was presented.

Also, I'm a sucker for John Wayne. Now that I'm older, I still love his movies but I'm much more aware now that many of his movies are the same. El Dorado, Rio Bravo, and Rio Lobo might as well be the same movie.

Godfather, I actually watched it and it was boring.

No offense but damn. Part 1 and 2 are two of my favorite films by far and it's not even close. If I had to rank..

1. Godfather Part 1
2. Casablanca (film itself is incredible, take into account it's release date and it's a solid #1b)
3. Godfather Part 2, best sequel of all time

Reactions: mdlUK.1 and Nubb16
Never seen Jurassic Park. My wife and I keep saying we're going to watch it.

All of the other classics I haven't seen are probably justifiable.

I also can't remember ever seeing the first 10-15 minutes of Shawshank. Every time I've seen it, it's one of those instances where it's on TV and you stop and watch the rest of it. Probably done that 5 or 6 times.

Never seen Jurassic Park. My wife and I keep saying we're going to watch it.

All of the other classics I haven't seen are probably justifiable.

I also can't remember ever seeing the first 10-15 minutes of Shawshank. Every time I've seen it, it's one of those instances where it's on TV and you stop and watch the rest of it. Probably done that 5 or 6 times.

The first 3 times I watched shawshank I ended it before finding out he escaped from prison. For some weird reason something would happen and I wouldn't watch the end of it but never knew it wasn't over. Thought it was one of the most overrated movies ever. Now that I've seen the end it's my favorite movie.

All the American Pies after the original. All the Halloweens after 2. Oh yeah, I've never seen a movie based on a Marvel comic book character or a Batman movie, but I don't consider comic book movies classics.

Haven't see the Godfather movies, or The Big Lebowski
real question is, though - how do you define "classic?"

Haven't see the Godfather movies, or The Big Lebowski
real question is, though - how do you define "classic?"
I would say classic is Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gone with The Wind, Godfather 1-2 are all considered top 5-10 of all time, To Kill a Mockingbird, Wizard of Oz are on another level.
Butch Cassidy and Sundance kid, French Connection, Taxi Driver, Jaws, Easy Rider, Annie Hall were all considered great films, I have seen them and would agree. I would say Platoon and Saving Private Ryan and Full Metal Jackets are classics in sense of war movies.

I saw Star Wars in 4th grade in 1977, didn't see another one and will never. Indiana Jones never seen, leave it to the nerds to watch. Jurassic Park, I must say I have never seen Raging Bull as well.

I would say classic is Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gone with The Wind, Godfather 1-2 are all considered top 5-10 of all time, To Kill a Mockingbird, Wizard of Oz are on another level.
Butch Cassidy and Sundance kid, French Connection, Taxi Driver, Jaws, Easy Rider, Annie Hall were all considered great films, I have seen them and would agree. I would say Platoon and Saving Private Ryan and Full Metal Jackets are classics in sense of war movies.

I saw Star Wars in 4th grade in 1977, didn't see another one and will never. Indiana Jones never seen, leave it to the nerds to watch. Jurassic Park, I must say I have never seen Raging Bull as well.
the only ones you listed I haven't seen are Raging Bull, Annie Hall and Platoon, besides the Godfather movies, of course.

Honestly, I've watched all the Jurassic Park movies because I have an 11 year old who loves them, lol.

Godfather- Have never been able to sit down and put the time into watching it.

Haven't seen Pulp Fiction. Got about 1/3 into Fargo and had to turn it off - just dreadfully slow and annoying (as an aside, had rented both Fargo and Seven. Switched to Seven when I couldn't take Fargo one second longer and Seven >>>>>>>>> Fargo, imo. The annoying, nasally dialog and the glacier-like pace of the movie just sucked). Never seen Shawshank or The Green Mile. Haven't seen a bunch of recent Best Picture winners as they tend to suck out loud. I've seen just about every other movie mentioned here: Godfather, GWTW, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Star Wars, Harry Potters, Annie Hall, Butch and Sundance, Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now, et al.

Oh, yeah, have never and will never see Titanic. Would have except for all the hoopla when it first came out just sickened me. Also, for some reason, have never seen E.T. Probably should watch that one. Maybe, in a few years, when grandkids come along.

Those are some old classics. I haven't seen any of those except for Saving private ryan, Taxi Driver (which is awful BTW), Full metal Jacket, and parts of Jaws. Actually haven't even heard of Annie Hall and French Connection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT