ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Renewal for the New Stadium

Big_Blue_1018

Junior
Oct 5, 2014
Need to rant for a little bit. I just got the info for the ticket renewal for next year in the new park. Holy crap Batman. General admission season tickets are $100 a piece. Any reserved seats require a K-Fund donation now. Baseball does not have the luxury to price the fans out but that's exactly what they are doing. Good job Mitch!

Need to rant for a little bit. I just got the info for the ticket renewal for next year in the new park. Holy crap Batman. General admission season tickets are $100 a piece. Any reserved seats require a K-Fund donation now. Baseball does not have the luxury to price the fans out but that's exactly what they are doing. Good job Mitch!
Must not be...pretty sure all reserved seating for new stadium are sold out. and 25-30 home games would be 3-4 bucks a game for GA, not bad for an evening at the ball park

Must not be...pretty sure all reserved seating for new stadium are sold out. and 25-30 home games would be 3-4 bucks a game for GA, not bad for an evening at the ball park

How can the place be sold out when they haven't sold any tickets yet? The email just came out and the seating process doesn't even start until July?

I expected a price increase, and have no problem with it. The price of keeping up with the rest of the league.

If I didn't live a four hour drive from Lexington, I would be a premium season ticket holder in a heartbeat. I can't wait to get down there next year for a handful of games like I do every year, and watch the rest on TV/internet.

Yea, that's what I am hoping for....buying premium seats (two) for $1,000.00 for the season (total).

Here is the breakdown
Club Seating
$125 per seat and $375 K-Fund for a total of $500
Loge Seating
$125 per seat and $325 K-Fund
Box Seating
$125 and $75
Home Plate Grandstand (Reserve Seating - What I have now at the Cliff was $75 per seat this year)
$100 and $50
Dugout Grandstand (General Admission Seating)
$100 and no K-Fund fee
Terrace/Berm Seating (General admission seating)
$60

I just hope we get a facility tour before selection occurs (but it doesn't sound like it will be an option).

Oh please, they are dirt cheap compared to the rest of the UKAA ticket prices, best value on campus. I have seen the no. 1 overall selection pitch twice now at UK games (David Price, Casey Mize). Where else you going to get that for about $5 per game (cost per ticket of 30 home games in the green chair back seats).

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Yea, that's what I am hoping for....buying premium seats (two) for $1,000.00 for the season (total).

Here is the breakdown
Club Seating
$125 per seat and $375 K-Fund for a total of $500
Loge Seating
$125 per seat and $325 K-Fund
Box Seating
$125 and $75
Home Plate Grandstand (Reserve Seating - What I have now at the Cliff was $75 per seat this year)
$100 and $50
Dugout Grandstand (General Admission Seating)
$100 and no K-Fund fee
Terrace/Berm Seating (General admission seating)
$60

I just hope we get a facility tour before selection occurs (but it doesn't sound like it will be an option).

So, do these come with anything other than the seat? UT has an MVP section with padded seats and access to a clubhouse that serves free refreshments and has a buffet. I can't remember all the details, but I think the donation is something line 1-2k per year plus the cost of the seats.

Yes they are dirt cheap compared to the rest of UKAA but when the cost doubles in one year for a "like" seat, it's still a little bit of a shock.

The thing that surprised me the most is the K-Fund fee being attached to most of the seats (I expected it for the premium seats, not so much for the reserve seats) in conjunction with this years tax changes that take away the 80% tax deduction for the fees.

Yes Combakatz3, the Club, Loge and (maybe) Box seats come with "padded seats" and either direct or indirect access to the club area that serves stadium food (list that for 6 special games the food selection will be upgraded to "premium") and non-alcoholic drinks.

Update: the box seats do not have access to the 200 level club. Only the Club and Loge seats have that access.

Last edited:
How can the place be sold out when they haven't sold any tickets yet? The email just came out and the seating process doesn't even start until July?
Just telling you what I read/heard... Maybe it's because all the season tickets for the cliff were sold this year and those people are already committed for next year...DK

Just telling you what I read/heard... Maybe it's because all the season tickets for the cliff were sold this year and those people are already committed for next year...DK

I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years. There was never any commitment list for the new park. I guess my issue is the tickets for my family doubled. I expected an increase but I think UK is gambling with the ticket prices. Will I get mine? I'm not sure. A $1000 is a tough pill to swallow.

I only get up there for a game or 2 each year, ( 3 hour drive ), so $5-10 ) seats are no biggie, heck it costs $5-6 bucks to see a HS football game 15 minutes from home !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT