ADVERTISEMENT

This will ultimately be UKs starting five

Thiero is the heart of the team. Edwards could learn from Theiro’s tenaciousness. He has to be in there especially while the two bigs are out. Dude is a ball magnet.

How often is there a discussion about being 9-10 players deep in the preseason and then halfway through the season, there are major complaints about why some of those players get minutes at all?

I reckon every year there are comments about platoon and/or being 9-10 deep, at least from the 2014-2015 season to now.

Reactions: chroix
The biggest wait and see will be how we play with a big or bigs in the game. Will Cal force the paint touches, slowing us down and causing us to play a way we should not be playing.

That will keep most media from going crazy on UK. Once Cal shows our style with everyone playing.

My guess for starters
Bradshaw, Edwards, Mitchell, Reeves and DJ with (depending on foul trouble) will have Shep / Dilly / UGO / Thiero / (Burks and Hart very spotty minutes like UGO and Thiero last year).

Last edited:
I can see you have no idea about this young man. He has more court awareness than anyone else on this team. He anticipates well on defense and his assist rate will be near the top. Better than his dad and his dad was the MVP of the final four and a two time NCAA champion. You may ought to forget about the media and look for yourself. He will be hard to keep off the floor imo.
I wonder sometimes if we have fans that are visually challenged. I am thankfully and somewhat surprisingly thrilled at Sheppards court awareness, and his defense is far above what I would have imagined, only 3 months out of high school He seems to know and understand angles, , he often knows where the pass may be trying to be made, and he has quick and strong hands for deflections, tips, etc., to frustrate the opponents. This comes from court awareness, sometimes referred to as “seeing the whole court” (see Bird, Magic Johnson, Irving). He also uses his body, his good size buttocks to move his opponent off his Intended direction. (most of these observations are from a friend that played ball for us) but I see them too
.I am trying to stay reserved but there so so many boxes checked by this group. Shooting, passing, hustle, awareness, speed, length, Bball savy defender, rebounding.

Reactions: ala_kat2
So far, I'd say Edwards and Dilly are on my bench. Tough to tell where the 2 bigs will be by then but Thiero and Mitchell deserve to start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT