ADVERTISEMENT

This team has more losses coming

Every team will man handle UK especially under the basket. Need to really work on physical interior defense and REBOUNDING. Missed shots will happen - need guys to grab the misses….they will get better. This team has tremendous upside and will be tournament tested by the end of February.

Every team has more losses coming. Conference play has been a bloodbath so far. Kansas should be 1-2 in conference.

Gotta like how this team fights though. Took punch after punch in the two conference road games and responded well in both. Had plenty of opportunities to win this one, just let a few plays slip away.

Need to improve the defense to get into that top tier of teams this year, but I like how this team has been composed in their first two road environments of the year.

Man, bold prediction on that title there. Of course they have more losses coming. Did you think they would go 17-1 in conference? 😂
It's hilarious that you decided to hop on the board today and chase posters around when you know how this place can get after a loss.

Instead of letting the board have it's weekly venting process after a tough loss, you represent one of the few who makes it your holy crusade to irrationally come here and try to correct other posters - just minutes after a tough loss.

You'll figure it all out someday, @Sejonesy . I still believe in you, buddy!

I was hoping for a 13-5 SEC season. Man it is tough to win on the road. If you went 8-1 at home you still need to go 5-4 on the road just to get to 13-5.

I have always thought we would go 13-5 in conference play but with said this game today was very winnable:

We could honestly lose 5 more SEC games with how awful our defense is. 97 points to Texas a&m is abysmal.

With officiating like that? Absolutely. Thankfully though, two of our harder road games are now behind us.

I'm not TOO worried, but we gotta fix our defense. Rebounding might never get fixed, but defense should.

We also need to settle the lineups once and for all. Edwards to the bench, no less than 3 basketball players on the court at any given time (Shep, Reeves, Tre, and likely UGO). I also don't really want to see DJ and Dilly on the court together anymore. Just too raw in playmaking and decision making. Would prefer to never see two of DJ, Dilly, Bradshaw and Edwards on the court at the same time, for that matter.

I was glad to see Cal leave edwards in the bench for late game ( at least part of it.).. maybe he's coming around to him just not being ready.

Reactions: RunninRichie
It's hilarious that you decided to hop on the board today and chase posters around when you know how this place can get after a loss.

Instead of letting the board have it's weekly venting process after a tough loss, you represent one of the few who makes it your holy crusade to irrationally come here and try to correct other posters - just minutes after a tough loss.

You'll figure it all out someday, @Sejonesy . I still believe in you, buddy!
If some of you guys weren’t so irrational, I wouldn’t need to. Can’t say I still believe in you and a few others though, pal!

As long as we make the tournament I'm not bothered by most away losses.

This group has legitimate potential with its pieces to play in the FInal Four. As long as we can keep improving by the week, losses on the road are tolerable as long as we compete for 40 mins

Thiero would have made a big difference in this game in my opinion. It is a frustrating loss but not all that unexpected considering the circumstances. Also nobody knows how good Texas a&m may be. They were hot and cold last year and got hot at the end.

None of what happened today changes my opinion of this team. The biggest concern I have is the rebounding situation and logging too many minutes for Mitchell. The defense sort of is what it is and good luck to teams trying to do this to us by the end of the year on a neutral court.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT