ADVERTISEMENT

This should unequivocally be the end of Mitch

bigblueinsanity

All-American
Apr 13, 2002
For years, it was a not so secret that Mitch had drew as essentially coach in waiting. How on earth can you not vet out these family concerns before now?

Now it's a colossal embarrassment and we are in a major pinch trying to get someone on board while probably overpaying because of our desperation.

What a pathetic display of leadership.

For years, it was a not so secret that Mitch had drew as essentially coach in waiting. How on earth can you not vet out these family concerns before now?

Now it's a colossal embarrassment and we are in a major pinch trying to get someone on board while probably overpaying because of our desperation.

Why, some of these comments are the dumbest things I have heard. So Drew did not want to uproot his family with his kids in high school. I am sure Baylor ponied up some money.

Why, some of these comments are the dumbest things I have heard. So Drew did not want to uproot his family with his kids in high school. I am sure Baylor ponied up some money.

There is nothing wrong with his decision. The problem is this is a risk Mitch should've vetted out way before now, since they both had him in mind for this job when it came open. There is no way a leader can find this out at this hour, especially after such a public courting.

It's embarrassing and it will cost us real money as we lose leverage as time goes on. Cherry on top is the portal and recruiting churns on without us while cal will be poaching anyone he can.

I'm not mad but this was Mitch's guy

I have to agree, you shouldn't get surprised by this if you are Mitch

It's beyond belief this concern wasn't vetted out already. You cant have this guy in waiting and find out at the 11th hour, after everyone knows, that his family doesn't want to move. That's something you find out early, not last second.

This is ALL John Calipari's fault and his players first BullSugarHoneyIce Tea and it falling apart.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Only time in his career that I completely support him. We can blame him for the contract but Cal absolutely took advantage of him and UK. I blame Cal for that, not Mitch. At the time, I understand his reasoning for it, Cal was on a roll and all roads ahead should have been clear and sunny. Getting out of the contract and not allowing Cal to call his shot was the correct thing to do. Replacing Cal will be easy, not sure who it will be, but I’m happy the used car salesman is gone. Listen to his introductory video last night.. he is a fraud! He may do well In Arkansas, but he has had every resource possible at his disposal and has failed miserably over the last 6 years.

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodX
Don't care. Not anyone's first pick other than Mitch

Wasn't my first pick either. Not at all. The concern is the operation about how all this unfolded. Mitch thought he had this in the bag but never properly vetted all the concerns.

If he did his job properly, years ago when he started these talks he should've vetted this and immediately moved on. Instead we're here.

Drew came to Rupp in 2013 and bent Cal over on our home court. Ended our home winning streak.

Now, he bent our fanbase over. But he’s not a killer.

Reactions: Fox2monk
To be fair....in today's world...coaches don't just up and go for a proverbial "better job". Watching Alabama football settle on their guy is a prime example.

1. I'd argue the crazy money out there....dudes can still be mega rich at UConn, Baylor, etc...making 5M per year...so what does it matter that UK has 9M to throw at you.
2. To go along with #1....not every coach is about being the winning-est or have the most titles. So make your money, win some games, have a good family life in smaller towns and it's all good.

So I am not shocked Drew turns us down....but shows the crazy waters of coaching can be a crap shoot.

But Mitch is not a good AD to be real.....his nonsense contracts and screwed UK for a while and he doesn't have the vision....we just have to hope we fall into the right guy for UK. Not confident he can find that guy like a Pitino early on, etc...

Wasn't my first pick either. Not at all. The concern is the operation about how all this unfolded. Mitch thought he had this in the bag but never properly vetted all the concerns.

If he did his job properly, years ago when he started these talks he should've vetted this and immediately moved on. Instead we're here.
Exactly, Mitch just wants his guy. Doesn’t do his job and embarrasses the program. Louisville got turned down by Drew, Mitch is buddies with him and then we get turned down by Drew. Sad to see truly

Dude, I'm not a huge Mitch fan and I'm also not super disappointed about not getting Drew, but how is this on Mitch? Lexington isn't for everybody and him and his family have been in Waco for 20 years.

Dude, I'm not a huge Mitch fan and I'm also not super disappointed about not getting Drew, but how is this on Mitch? Lexington isn't for everybody and him and his family have been in Waco for 20 years.
Mitch’s guy, mitch has been wanting him since the cal lifetime. Cal leaves, everyone knows that Mitch wants Drew, we pursue Drew and he says no. Who else’s fault would this embarrassment be other than Mitch? Is anyone else in charge of hiring coaches that I’m not aware of?

Mitch’s guy, mitch has been wanting him since the cal lifetime. Cal leaves, everyone knows that Mitch wants Drew, we pursue Drew and he says no. Who else’s fault would this embarrassment be other than Mitch? Is anyone else in charge of hiring coaches that I’m not aware of?

In the real world, there is no embarrassment at all. Mitch offered and Drew considered and then decided against it. it is common in the business world for this to happen.

He was so sure on drew, imo he didn't even strongly pursue anyone else. Just to find out at the 11th hour the family would say no.
HTF do you know who he has and hasn't pursued ? Tell us ole great one ? You are just talking out of your ass because your mouth knows better. MAYBE, Drew turned it down because someone else has accepted it or is the choice before him ??? Difference in you and me is, I do not know this is the case, but also not stating it as FACT. Your type are the worst, posting with your feelings and not with your brain.

Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT