ADVERTISEMENT

This is a national championship team

I thought OP was smooth when I first saw this thread. LOL!
Yeah the guy definitely over compensates. It’s questionable with this op.

Nevertheless I’m going to play into his hands. Cal has a thin front court and there isn’t a player out there who is a game changer. This Cyril fella looks like a great project but we still need a tough thick dude who can bang.

Too many question marks.

The 5 spot is open-ended.

Bradshaw's status as well.

If Bradshaw plays and Onyenso is legit, I'll settle for the Second Weekend with a chance to challenge for an Elite Eight.

Say what you want but I like this team and I think Cal put together a team that can win the title, even though it took a DUI from Huggins to land one transfer but still. I think if at least one or two of the freshmen become “that guy” and your role players contribute then I see no reason why they couldn’t go win it all. The pieces are there, let’s just hope they fall into place. #BBN
Yes I think they can win it all. But they have to gel and play well together. No drama within the team. And Cal has to change some things up and quit being stubborn and let them play..
I thought everyone was saying Cal wasn’t working? And yes that’s what was said.
With John Calipari as head coach, this team ain't winning crap. If we get a few lucky bounces we might make it all the way to the round of 32. UK has had multiple #1 recruiting classes over the last 7 or 8 years & what has it got us

Yeah the guy definitely over compensates. It’s questionable with this op.

Nevertheless I’m going to play into his hands. Cal has a thin front court and there isn’t a player out there who is a game changer. This Cyril fella looks like a great project but we still need a tough thick dude who can bang.

JDi8ziY.gif

I won’t award us the banner just yet, but I am extremely excited for this group. The portal changes everything and you can take a thin team and fill it out pretty quickly with decent talent, more than decent if your name is Cal.

Say what you want but I like this team and I think Cal put together a team that can win the title, even though it took a DUI from Huggins to land one transfer but still. I think if at least one or two of the freshmen become “that guy” and your role players contribute then I see no reason why they couldn’t go win it all. The pieces are there, let’s just hope they fall into place. #BBN
I want to jump on board and I want to believe. This team has 2 major glaring weaknesses, one we do not have a big man, experienced. space eater that can keep people from just taking us to the tin over and over again. I wanna believe in Ugonna but I believe he could very well get pushed around a lot and he's very unexperienced.
Some people forget he reclassed last year, this would be his normal class coming up.

Secondly shooting. Remember just a year ago Cal had said he had had enough gotta have 4 out 1 in all that jazz. I like our team but;
Wagner, Dilly, Edward's are not great deep threats. And Reeves can light it up or stink it up. In today's game the 3 is vital. Only hope Reed gets clock, Bradshaw comes back and makes enough to stretch the D if Cal allows and Mitchell can continue 35+%.

Like it or not those 3 are probably our best 3 point shooters outside of Reeves and it's questionable if one will get clock, if 1 will be healthy and if the other will have the green light.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Is Cal still coaching the team? because 0% chance at a title... 70% chance cal effs it up with his senile coaching and all the mistakes he makes...and then 100% chance the NCAA and their refs wont let him win the title even if Cal coaches perfectly somehow and the team plays amazingly.

I thought everyone would know by now that winning the title is part on the court and part connections made off the court and not just recruiting/player wise, NCAA , Conferences, and Refs wise. if you dont get some decent calls , you dont win the tournament.

I understand. I don’t blame anyone for being mad right now. I’m not happy, I’m just hoping for the best this coming season.
I'm not sure I would say I'm mad but rather concerned about Cal's stewardship of the program. I just don't have any confidence in his management of the program and that's concerning to me. The guy is supposed to be the best and that he is not. I will always pull for the team and program and hope this team has great success ... I just have no confidence in Cal's management of the program and his coaching, specifically his devotion to Wholesale OAD, which is killing this program.

I'm not sure I would say I'm mad but rather concerned about Cal's stewardship of the program. I just don't have any confidence in his management of the program and that's concerning to me. The guy is supposed to be the best and that he is not. I will always pull for the team and program and hope this team has great success ... I just have no confidence in Cal's management of the program and his coaching, specifically his devotion to Wholesale OAD, which is killing this program.

I get the concern but let’s not act like Cal doesn’t have close to 800 career wins with a 76% winning percentage. The guy can coach, you don’t just get lucky in college basketball and win at such a high clip for decades.

Like I said, I get the concern because the last few years concerns me. I would like a coaching change myself but wise enough to know it’s not happening over night.

I’m hoping the scrutiny lights a fire under Cal’s hind end and we get the version of Cal where he’s out to take opposing teams soul.

With John Calipari as head coach, this team ain't winning crap. If we get a few lucky bounces we might make it all the way to the round of 32. UK has had multiple #1 recruiting classes over the last 7 or 8 years & what has it got us
People said he would never win his first. Of course the fans were wrong.

CCC is still the coach, right?

Get a Grip ,7 of these kids have never played a minute of college ball and you are giving them a title. You,I or anyone else, has no idea how we will play.

Reactions: dl51344 and KFuqua
This team will have at least five future NBA players in Onyenso, Bradshaw, Edwards, Dillingham, and Wagner; plus two vets capable of giving you 15 to 20 points on any given night.

We've seen Calipari take strong teams into the season and totally screw it all up. It's going to come down to guard play for this team, as has been the case for any successful Calipari team. Padilla/Travieso; Rose/Antonio Anderson; Knight/Lamb; etc. Will Dillingham/Wagner be among the truly great Calipari backcourts?

If that question is answered in the affirmative, we should have a great chance at getting out of the first weekend.

Next year's team kind of already has the "poor man's" feel of that 2008 Memphis Team. If Edwards plays on a CDR level, or close to it, I like what we've got.

Is Cal still coaching the team? because 0% chance at a title... 70% chance cal effs it up with his senile coaching and all the mistakes he makes...and then 100% chance the NCAA and their refs wont let him win the title even if Cal coaches perfectly somehow and the team plays amazingly.

I thought everyone would know by now that winning the title is part on the court and part connections made off the court and not just recruiting/player wise, NCAA , Conferences, and Refs wise. if you dont get some decent calls , you dont win the tournament.

Unless you are 2023 uconn or 2018 nova and just destroy everyone. Then calls don't matter but overall you are 100% correct.

I have learned to not make any predictions about the team till they play good competition in the regular season. Probably will be hard to make any judgment even after watching the games in Canada.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Another troll? Previous screen name?

Reactions: KFuqua
People said he would never win his first. Of course the fans were wrong.
Yeah and every person that watched that saw he damn near did not, if that game goes another 5 minutes his "play scared, bleed the clock approach" would have gotten us. Everyone with eyes has seen his complete lack of in game coaching prowess. The UMASS Cal yep I liked, this version nope. He needs to go,

Reactions: KFuqua and blubo
Slow down with that, even with all the new guys I think the media has picked up on Cal being over rated early. They have us at 17 right now in the early Top25 and 1. I do believe if the Freshman are elite we would have a great chance but I don’t trust Cal anymore to game plan at all.

Everyone knows preseason polls are crap. My guess is the final season ranking will be #12.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It will take a lot to convince me. Right now, we're closer to the 2013-14 team than with the 2009 first year team.
Even if we win in Canada by 30 every game, its not anything but a chance to play together.

I like what we did the last time we went to Canada though. I'll let the season run it's course first. SEC teams don't fear us anymore. That's how low we have sunk.

We have all seen over the last 4-5 years Kentucky time and time again will walk on the court and have the superior talent by far, but totally get out hustled and out played. Why???? When I see this change for the better, I'll have some hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT