ADVERTISEMENT

This is a national championship team

Jun 2, 2023
Say what you want but I like this team and I think Cal put together a team that can win the title, even though it took a DUI from Huggins to land one transfer but still. I think if at least one or two of the freshmen become “that guy” and your role players contribute then I see no reason why they couldn’t go win it all. The pieces are there, let’s just hope they fall into place. #BBN

Slow down with that, even with all the new guys I think the media has picked up on Cal being over rated early. They have us at 17 right now in the early Top25 and 1. I do believe if the Freshman are elite we would have a great chance but I don’t trust Cal anymore to game plan at all.
Hopefully this is where Welch steps in with the plan.

Say what you want but I like this team and I think Cal put together a team that can win the title, even though it took a DUI from Huggins to land one transfer but still. I think if at least one or two of the freshmen become “that guy” and your role players contribute then I see no reason why they couldn’t go win it all. The pieces are there, let’s just hope they fall into place. #BBN
Jim Carrey Ok GIF

How high are you? Mitchell is great and all, but he didn’t turn this team into a championship contender. Reeves certainly didn’t. That burden lays completely on the unproven freshman and Cal’s motivational capabilities. I’d like to see a couple more proven players on the team.

I’m going to call for pumping the brakes a little bit here…. Yes this upcoming season doesn’t look as dire as it did even a few weeks ago, but let’s see how and when Bradshaw comes back from injury, team chemistry, etc.

But yes things are definitely looking up.

Reactions: chroix
This is a group of players who could probably be molded into a team that could eventually contend for a title (albeit their shooting options are concentrated in inopportune places and their big man picture isn't complete although we've seen some encouraging signs).

Or they could be micromanaged away from their strengths and told to run, go, and go get a bucket while playing please-game-plan-against-me defense on their way to most likely a second-weekend exit.

In short WE YOUNG. Well, I’m sick and tired of WE YOUNG.
Problem is we have older players then the excuse is: “well we didn’t have enough talent!”

It doesn’t matter who you put on the team, Cal and his guardians will find an excuse and they will use no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

As for the thread itself… we are again relying on freshmen talent but this time it’s from a class that is not well received by scouts. Indeed, this class has been deemed weak overall. That being said we got a bunch of the top guys who all have great scouting reports at the high school and AAU level. Some translate well to college, some don’t. We’ll just have to see. I am in the camp that thinks we still need a starting center. I don’t think Ugo is ready and I think Bradshaw and Mitchell are gonna be 4s.

We need one of Wagner/Dilly to be on the level of Wall or Fox.. and we likely need Edwards to be one of the better small forwards we've had. If we can do those things, with the pieces around them, this team can go far.

Reactions: pedroborbon
How high are you? Mitchell is great and all, but he didn’t turn this team into a championship contender. Reeves certainly didn’t. That burden lays completely on the unproven freshman and Cal’s motivational capabilities. I’d like to see a couple more proven players on the team.
We had those proven players before with a great incoming class, but even that couldn't overcome the in game coaching. I'll just take a wait and see position. I agree with you, this is not a championship caliber team.

Nobody really knows how good Dillingham is gonna be, let’s see how he looks in a couple of weeks, then talk.

We had those proven players before with a great incoming class, but even that couldn't overcome the in game coaching. I'll just take a wait and see position. I agree with you, this is not a championship caliber team.
I’m cautiously optimistic. I’ve fallen trap to the preseason hype the last few years and refuse to do it anymore. Another big man would go a long way. I just want enjoyable basketball. An elite 8 would be great, a final four ideal.

Reactions: Atrain7732
I just don’t see it. Not physical enough . Way too skinny. This team will get abused at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT