ADVERTISEMENT

They're all one and "we'll see" now

Dec 10, 2023
Bob's Country Bunker
1 year contracts across the board for every team. There's no repurcussions now as you can seek higher pay at the end of each season, and I don't blame the kids for doing that at all.

You can't count on anything anymore, though, as a fan. If another team sees a player on your team that they like, they just offer them more the next year to come work for them.

We truly are in an era where many will tune out and many will just flip the TV on at gametime for 2 hours of entertainment and to see how they do.

Sad.

It's incredibly inefficient. The government is going to need to step in to allow for multi-year deals w/out making these kids full employees.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
1 year contracts across the board for every team. There's no repurcussions now as you can seek higher pay at the end of each season, and I don't blame the kids for doing that at all.

You can't count on anything anymore, though, as a fan. If another team sees a player on your team that they like, they just offer them more the next year to come work for them.

We truly are in an era where many will tune out and many will just flip the TV on at gametime for 2 hours of entertainment and to see how they do.

Sad.
This is effectively where we've been since Cal got here... 15 years of minimal player development, moving on after one year, loyalty to coach over program, and playing to the next bunch of kids over those that stick around. We should be used to it.

It's sad. I know the players want to get paid but what we wee happening is a complete joke.
It could signal the beginning of a steep decline in the popularity of men’s college basketball. Fans will continue to grow tired of the possibility of having to welcome and connect with a whole new team every year. Even the NBA doesn’t deal with that. Eventually, as interest declines, the money will too. And that will lead to significantly less money for NIL. If the NCAA and federal legislature don’t step in to create special contract and and transfer rules for players and schools based on scholarships and NIL, we will likely see the whole system fail within the next 5-6 years.

What's funny is

Kinda funny how greed has got its britches caught on its own pitchfork.
I want the schools to just end the programs and tell these guys to F off. Not like half these retards playing sports we’re going to class.

I think the transfer portal has evened out the playing field. The competitive balance is the best it's ever been. No longer do the teams with all the 5 star talent have a competitive advantage..
A third or fourth year college player could be five star quality and can transfer to your team. Any team

I think the transfer portal has evened out the playing field. The competitive balance is the best it's ever been. No longer do the teams with all the 5 star talent have a competitive advantage..
A third or fourth year college player could be five star quality and can transfer to your team. Any team
It won't stay like that. It's going to end up being the schools that have the most money get the best players.

Reactions: Catfan2226

Sad.
100000% correct ^^^^^^

I want the schools to just end the programs and tell these guys to F off. Not like half these retards playing sports we’re going to class.
My money's on money says it ain't happening.
Amateur sports is dead and the love of money is the driving force .
Now you can get paid while you learn.
The system created this.
The player's are the recipients.
It's a nightmare that's evolved into reality.

Reactions: Emarc
My reply was to the guy that said the universities with the most money will end up with the best players.

That is the way it has always been so nothing will change in that aspect

My reply was to the guy that said the universities with the most money will end up with the best players.

That is the way it has always been so nothing will change in that aspect
So Jerry Jones has always offerred double for players at Arkansas? Memphis has always ponied up 25M? Strange that you can't see what's right in front you.

Sad.
Bruce Pearl said agents contact his guys during the season telling them that they can get more money elsewhere.

I don't doubt it.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
It could signal the beginning of a steep decline in the popularity of men’s college basketball. Fans will continue to grow tired of the possibility of having to welcome and connect with a whole new team every year. Even the NBA doesn’t deal with that. Eventually, as interest declines, the money will too. And that will lead to significantly less money for NIL. If the NCAA and federal legislature don’t step in to create special contract and and transfer rules for players and schools based on scholarships and NIL, we will likely see the whole system fail within the next 5-6 years.
The NBA has a ton of rules in place speficially to prevent that. They saw it coming long ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT