ADVERTISEMENT

Theiro

I know people are saying how important Mitchell is to the team but I don't see it

If I'm coaching I'm putting Ugo and Thiero out there with Bradshaw and Mitchell coming in for relief.

We don't take that much of an offensive hit because for whatever reason Mithell isn't the same offensive player he was at the start of the season

Last edited:
Been saying it since last year. Guys with his frame who can dribble and move like a guard and jump out of the gym are always valuable. He knows his role too and always bring the juice! Thiero at the 4 gives you handles and a 4 that can get to the paint at will then jump stop and kick it out to our guards or try to dunk on your head. It puts defenses in a bind.

Thiero > Mitchell '

Tre was good in December but since he's jacking 3's and not hitting and isn't giving us much else. Thiero has been really good, needs to stronger with the ball on some of these drives and transition but I like his minutes.

I gotts give a critique. He avoides contact too much. He is getting blocked and having it stolen because of this. Gotta go up with authority

Reactions: wccat2969
I know people are saying how important Mitchell is to the team but I don't see it

If I'm coaching I'm putting Ugo and Thiero out there with Bradshaw and Mitchell coming in for relief.

We don't take that much of an offensive hit because for whatever reason Mithell isn't the game offensive player he was at the start of the season

I think he is hurt pretty bad.

Got to play Thiero and Onyenso most of the minutes at the 4 and 5 until Mitchell comes back.

Then it needs to be Thiero, Mitchell, and Onyenso and play the Freshmen bigs only when necessary.

Rotation moving forward (don’t care who starts, as long as these guys get most of the minutes):

G Sheppard/Wagner
G Dillingham/Wagner/Reeves
G Reeves/Edwards
F Mitchell/Thiero/Edwards
F Onyenso/Mitchell

I think Edwards recent play has earned him the 8th man spot.

Got to play Thiero and Onyenso most of the minutes at the 4 and 5 until Mitchell comes back.

Then it needs to be Thiero, Mitchell, and Onyenso and play the Freshmen bigs only when necessary.

Rotation moving forward (don’t care who starts, as long as these guys get most of the minutes):

G Sheppard/Wagner
G Reeves/Edwards
F Onyenso/Mitchell

I will say that I think Edwards has finally learned he doesn't have to play hero ball. Take what the game gives him, clean up at the basket. He still makes some low basketball IQ mistakes but he's probably at a point where he gives as much as he takes, maybe on the + side in the a couple of games as of late.

I just wish Wagner would stop trying to shoot 3 pointers. We have enough shooters, drive and dish is his strength

then your line up would be ideal

Thiero is the glue. I have said it all year. He is just not getting fully back in the groove. If we get Mitchell back like he was early in the year we can do some things. The big thing right now is playing tough and aggressive after winning a couple in a row. These guys need to keep getting tougher and playing hard. Wagner is a guy that helps on defense. He is not the scorer his father was but he can do things that makes a difference in games. Dilly, Shep, Reeves and Adou are the main guys to get us going. UGO, Mitchell and Edwards are the others along with Wagner.

Gotta say I wonder how those games without him would have turned out if he was healthy. If he never missed a beat this year I think we'd be in much better shape.
This…Adou’s loss threw this team out of whack in the middle of the season more than anything else this season. In a way, he’s our “goon.” He plays so hard all the time, even when the other guys take 20% off. Sometimes it worries me how much he is willing to sacrifice his body. I love his toughness, but he might actually need to learn a little finesse. That’s a pretty rare thing to say with kids that age.

We don't take that much of an offensive hit because for whatever reason Mithell isn't the same offensive player he was at the start of the season
You just taught Cal something. Ugo does not need Mitchell on the court. He just needs some bulk to help him out in switches/loose balls, etc.
Thiero becoming the glue to our half court offense.

I will say that I think Edwards has finally learned he doesn't have to play hero ball. Take what the game gives him, clean up at the basket. He still makes some low basketball IQ mistakes but he's probably at a point where he gives as much as he takes, maybe on the + side in the a couple of games as of late.

I just wish Wagner would stop trying to shoot 3 pointers. We have enough shooters, drive and dish is his strength

then your line up would be ideal
Exactly.

Only Sheppard, Dillingham, Reeves, and occasionally Mitchell should be shooting jumpers.

Wagner needs to create shots off the dribble and Edwards, Thiero, and Onyenso need to finish around the rim.

That’s the recipe.

If Thiero can figure out how to finish he'd be a lottery pick. Too many times he's getting stuffed at the rim despite being physical.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
Been saying it since last year. Guys with his frame who can dribble and move like a guard and jump out of the gym are always valuable. He knows his role too and always bring the juice! Thiero at the 4 gives you handles and a 4 that can get to the paint at will then jump stop and kick it out to our guards or try to dunk on your head. It puts defenses in a bind.
Thiero at the 4 with his athleticism, body and skills - and with a lot of upside left in honing those skills even more - is what you want in college.

G Sheppard/Wagner
G Reeves/Edwards
F Onyenso/Mitchell

I agree. But if somebody other than the Guards are needed to play SF, then it needs to be Thiero over Edwards there too. Thiero has better guard skills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT