ADVERTISEMENT

The X Factor

jman3715

Freshman
Mar 30, 2007
X Factor = Officials
No way they let them play like they did in the Bahamas, especially on the road. I would love if they did but they won’t. It will be interesting to see how they adjust to a grind it out foul fest with no flow. We have the depth though.

Also how will this team play when they have a working lead and Cal takes his foot off the gas like he has done with his teams in the past.They are playing till the end of the game right now but we all know that will change to some degree.

Also how will this team play when they have a working lead and Cal takes his foot off the gas like he has done with his teams in the past.They are playing till the end of the game right now but we all know that will change to some degree.
Oh, all this run and Gun end come conference time. We will go to slow walking it up the floor and grind it out half court Ball. If he would let the horses run like he does now we would be about unbeatable.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Oh, all this run and Gun end come conference time. We will go to slow walking it up the floor and grind it out half court Ball. If he would let the horses run like he does now we would be about unbeatable.

I agree with this 100%. Watching Kansas slowly comeback was killing me. if you can build up such a large lead and can outplay opponent, then why go into safe mode.

If we become a good ft shooting team and keep our turnovers down I can see him keeping the pressure on.

I agree with this 100%. Watching Kansas slowly comeback was killing me. if you can build up such a large lead and can outplay opponent, then why go into safe mode.

You have to understand that these other college coaches can coach and they are smart.

Self figured out he couldn't run with us, so he stop trying to. He slowed it down.

We blame Cal for "taking his foot off the gas," but we have to realize the other teams and coaches dictate what we can do with their defense and offense. They slow it down on offense and play half court and sometimes zone defense at the other end. It's a chess game, opponents won't just sit back and let UK run them out of the gym.

Specific to that team, foul trouble was the only thing that could have beaten us. So minimizing possessions while holding a lead made some logical sense.

And given that we won the Title, I would think you’d be over it by now.

Specific to that team, foul trouble was the only thing that could have beaten us. So minimizing possessions while holding a lead made some logical sense.

And given that we won the Title, I would think you’d be over it by now.

Never said I wasnt over it so i'm not sure why you would immediately assume that. I was referring to at that particular time watching them comeback was killing me. Obviously I'm glad we won and I wouldn't have remembered it unless we were discussing it slowing the pace of the game down. Self clearly was trying to slow down the game but Cal also had them backing it out and running some clock as well. I never said it wasnt smart or was the wrong thing to do, only as a fan sometimes it's hard to watch because we all want them to win.

Never said I wasnt over it so i'm not sure why you would immediately assume that. I was referring to at that particular time watching them comeback was killing me. Obviously I'm glad we won and I wouldn't have remembered it unless we were discussing it slowing the pace of the game down. Self clearly was trying to slow down the game but Cal also had them backing it out and running some clock as well. I never said it wasnt smart or was the wrong thing to do, only as a fan sometimes it's hard to watch because we all want them to win.

Rereading my post it might have sound like I was second guessing Cal or I couldn't comprehend what was taking place in the game, but that wasnt my intent of the post.

You said, “Why go into safe mode?” I took that as you thinking it was the wrong thing to do.

But we won, so...

X Factor = Officials
No way they let them play like they did in the Bahamas, especially on the road. I would love if they did but they won’t. It will be interesting to see how they adjust to a grind it out foul fest with no flow. We have the depth though.
Can we wait until something happens to whine about officiating. Grow a spine.

Can we wait until something happens to whine about officiating. Grow a spine.

My spine is actually quite old and sturdy thank you. The complaint about NCAA officials is a general statement based on years of observation and not about one specific incident. Those will come later in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT