ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

This conversation has been about not wanting Americans to die in Ukraine, specifically. Why didn't it start with not wanting Americans to die at all - period? Then you felt the need to get involved w/o a good reason, bringing your question on yourself. Ridiculous sh!t.
R.4d54e7e8c97f6bae9516160aada25519

Reactions: SDC888
NBD, right? Not attacking us? 5000 miles away.

"Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Friday said Iran is likely to retaliate against Israel for a recent missile strike that hit Tehran's consulate in Damascus, Syria.
In an interview on CNN, Esper predicted Iran will take action against Israel, but on a limited scale to avoid wide-scale war in the Middle East.

"They are going to act," Esper said Friday. "They're going to feel the need, to uphold their dignity, to maintain credibility with their proxies, throughout the region, and to really meet the demands of hardliners, within the theocracy that wants to see something done.""

You truly are a moron. Holy crap. How do read what I wrote and get that? LOL.
You said you didn't want Americans dying "over there". That implies to me you're OK with Americans dying somewhere for something. I just want to know where your Obama red line in the sand is. How hard is it? As for moron, thinking that letting Russia take Ukraine is a good idea for the US, you're sadly mistaken & shows your lack of intelligence..

You said you didn't want Americans dying "over there". That implies to me you're OK with Americans dying somewhere for something. I just want to know where your Obama red line in the sand is. How hard is it? As for moron, thinking that letting Russia take Ukraine is a good idea for the US, you're sadly mistaken & shows your lack of intelligence..
Are you in favor a nuclear war, old man?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Has their been any actual proof to date that Russia intended to invade beyond the territory which it states at the very beginning? All his time later and it seems pretty clear they did exactly what they said and then no more.

Not saying that's ok. But it's hardly the attempted sovereign takeover we're constantly told. I guess that's just needed to push tens of billions of money to Ukraine because no one would support such money for a border scrap.

Also I remember when posters in this very thread laughed at me for the mere suggestion we would ever send 100 billion to the Ukraine.
Of course they did. Do you live under a rock? Good lord man, pay attention.

• Haha
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
No it doesn't you baffoon. I have said multiple times I'm tired of Americans dying overseas.... period.... when we won't even protect our own border. If you are truly dumb enough to not understand what I just said then please put me on ignore as I read books and talk to people.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Of course they did. Do you live under a rock? Good lord man, pay attention.
Ignoring all facts... OK.... Russia was willing to stop all war if they just went back to Minsk 1. The fact you have to ignore that should send you into a thought circle..... I'll bet you don't get it though. You are basically saying that We do what we want and Russia sucks eggs... And that is cool and all if they take it... it's not so cool if they threaten to use nukes to protect their borders.

Just to be clear, you are saying you want Americans in the Ukraine/Russo war? Because, if you don’t, would you agree you also don’t want Americans dying “over there?”

Reactions: warrior-cat
No it doesn't you baffoon. I have said multiple times I'm tired of Americans dying overseas.... period.... when we won't even protect our own border. If you are truly dumb enough to not understand what I just said then please put me on ignore as I read books and talk to people.
Sounds like you're in favor of us disarming totally. I mean you offer no line in the sand for defending the US.

Just to be clear, you are saying you want Americans in the Ukraine/Russo war? Because, if you don’t, would you agree you also don’t want Americans dying “over there?”
No I don't. But somewhere sometime countries need to take of loss of lives in their military & even civilians. I'm trying to find out where you collectively would take that risk for what reason. I get from this that you wouldn't in Mexico or Canada or Cuba. Me, I would.

But somewhere sometime countries need to take of loss of lives in their military & even civilians.

I don’t generally subscribe to this perspective. What is the foundation for this belief?

I'm trying to find out where you collectively would take that risk for what reason. I get from this that you wouldn't in Mexico or Canada or Cuba. Me, I would.

I am not completely sure what you mean by this.

I think when there is a threat to the country, the government, with perhaps the military, should respond appropriately.

There once was a philosophy that we did not engage in wars unless we had a vital interest. It appears to me that the interest we have in Ukraine is the weakening of Russia. I don’t see any other real interest.

And, then, Russia seemed less than impressive. So, as we balance the interests, risks, and costs, a never ending war, even from the most callous view of the value of life, does not seem in our interest.

I don’t generally subscribe to this perspective. What is the foundation for this belief?

I think when there is a threat to the country, the government, with perhaps the military, should respond appropriately.

There once was a philosophy that we did not engage in wars unless we had a vital interest. It appears to me that the interest we have in Ukraine is the weakening of Russia. I don’t see any other real interest.

And, then, Russia seemed less than impressive. So, as we balance the interests, risks, and costs, a never ending war, even from the most callous view of the value of life, does not seem in our interest.
Cowards hate the blade until it’s wielded for them.

Name-calling has always been fundamental, elemental to the pro-war "argument." And should be illuminating to thwose of suffcieitn discernment.

The reality of "their truth" never even dawns on them as they post JayinKyiv tweets.

No I don't. But somewhere sometime countries need to take of loss of lives in their military & even civilians. I'm trying to find out where you collectively would take that risk for what reason. I get from this that you wouldn't in Mexico or Canada or Cuba. Me, I would.

Wherever it is, it is NOT in at an otherwise meaningless and backwards part of Europe where we have no strategic interest other than war profiteering or blakrock. The US and our allies in NATO were never and will never be at risk had we just chosen to negotiate a settlement before the war, during the war, and now. The reverse is true: ht elong we engage this proxy war, the more our lives and way of life in the West are at risk.

Name-calling has always been fundamental, elemental to the pro-war "argument." And should be illuminating to thwose of suffcieitn discernment.

The reality of "their truth" never even dawns on them as they post JayinKyiv tweets.
Drunk again?

Wherever it is, it is NOT in at an otherwise meaningless and backwards part of Europe where we have no strategic interest other than war profiteering or blakrock. The US and our allies in NATO were never and will never be at risk had we just chosen to negotiate a settlement before the war, during the war, and now. The reverse is true: ht elong we engage this proxy war, the more our lives and way of life in the West are at risk.
Russia has invaded Ukraine 3 times. What the hell do you mean “a settlement”. Russia will just rebuild and launch another invasion. Treaties mean nothing to them. The only thing Putin listens to is force and strength.

He laughed at my post almost immediately upon my posting and then took 15-20 minutes to come up with that stupid dig, as if he has taken up the blade himself. It’s really just stupid. Not other way to couch it. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha

IOW, risk American lives for a threat against the country.

Disagree on your U take. I think it's to prevent R expansion aims regardless of their strength.

IOW, you could care less what happens to U b/c in your opinion it has no possible future consequence to the US. I find that view appallingly shortsighted whether that's your actual or not. Whether there's never ending war or not, I believe there's never-ending evil aimed at the US which must be faced vs. ignoring it.

IOW, risk American lives for a threat against the country.

Disagree on your U take. I think it's to prevent R expansion aims regardless of their strength.

IOW, you could care less what happens to U b/c in your opinion it has no possible future consequence to the US. I find that view appallingly shortsighted whether that's your actual or not. Whether there's never ending war or not, I believe there's never-ending evil aimed at the US which must be faced vs. ignoring it.

No. I do care what happens to Ukraine, including the people dying for the West’s desire to weaken Russia with only Ukraine boots on the ground. How easy for Americans to sit at home and watch Ukrainians die and pretend this is about Russian expansion.

There is a difference between caring and thinking Russia has created a threat to the U.S. I think the people who want an intact Ukraine and less Ukrainian deaths probably care more about Ukraine than those who want this war to last a decade before the inevitable.

Ignoring all facts... OK.... Russia was willing to stop all war if they just went back to Minsk 1. The fact you have to ignore that should send you into a thought circle..... I'll bet you don't get it though. You are basically saying that We do what we want and Russia sucks eggs... And that is cool and all if they take it... it's not so cool if they threaten to use nukes to protect their borders.
Just an incoherent response that is patently false. You have zero clue what you’re talking about. Unbelievably clueless.

Reactions: entropy13
No. I do care what happens to Ukraine, including the people dying for the West’s desire to weaken Russia with only Ukraine boots on the ground. How easy for Americans to sit at home and watch Ukrainians die and pretend this is about Russian expansion.

There is a difference between caring and thinking Russia has created a threat to the U.S. I think the people who want an intact Ukraine and less Ukrainian deaths probably care more about Ukraine than those who want this war to last a decade before the inevitable.
By inevitable, I believe you mean Russia takeover/incorporation of Ukraine. If so, then you really don't care what happens to it. And if inevitable happens, the world becomes a much riskier place imo. The idea that Russia taking over Ukraine is more caring that preventing that is mindlessness.

And you conclude just what from that collection?

There's nothing to conclude.

It's all just what I was telling you two years ago; namely, this civil war between the same people could've been easily avoided through competent diplomacy. But it was never the agenda, so it didnt.

Your opinion that this war is necessary fight for the west's survival from an imperialist Russian czar madman hellbent on taking over Europe is an ignorant one. It always has been.

There's nothing to conclude.

It's all just what I was telling you two years ago; namely, this civil war between the same people could've been easily avoided through competent diplomacy. But it was never the agenda, so it didnt.

Your opinion that this war is necessary fight for the west's survival from an imperialist Russian czar madman hellbent on taking over Europe is an ignorant one. It always has been.
Brothers aren't the same people/person. Duh. I reported Russia's terms then on here a couple weeks back. If you don't recall, they say Ukraine belongs to Russia. If that's competent diplomacy to you, we have different definition of competent.

I see Ukraine losing the territory Russia controls, but doubt it will by neutered.

Brothers aren't the same people/person. Duh.

He say's they're the same "народ (narod)" nation, because they are.

Everyone knows (everyone who actually knows the region) they are the same nation except when it's politically expedient, like the nazi nationalist movement in the western ukr during world war 2. The movement which still has repercussions today.

• Haha
Russia has invaded Ukraine 3 times. What the hell do you mean “a settlement”. Russia will just rebuild and launch another invasion. Treaties mean nothing to them. The only thing Putin listens to is force and strength.
You just described Russian history. To which I say, so what?

• Haha
Talking about people who oppose the ''millitary industrial complex'' when it's not shielding them from harm.
I guess I don’t follow. Not a big fan of what Eisenhower predicted but I still am a fan of the military protecting me from threats to my country.

We already have NATO to protect from Russia so I’d say we’re pretty well shielded. Until, that is, some idiots bring Ukraine into NATO.

Reactions: hmt5000
I guess I don’t follow. Not a big fan of what Eisenhower predicted but I still am a fan of the military protecting me from threats to my country.

We already have NATO to protect from Russia so I’d say we’re pretty well shielded. Until, that is, some idiots bring Ukraine into NATO.
You know the US has obligations to protect 67 countries, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT