ADVERTISEMENT

The theory of losing Zion actually helping

Sparkaces1

Senior
Sep 19, 2012
light a fire under Cal and UK getting Montgomery, Travis, etc. that has been thrown out by Jones and others clearly was far from accurate. Watching that game last night it was clear that losing Zion was huge on multiple levels. Cal needs Wiseman or Carey badly for next year to show he can still get the very top players!

Wiseman isn’t the answer he’s as soft as Richards
He's not that soft but he is softer than Stewart, who physically abused Wiseman. I'd promise Stewart the world, get McDaniels and call it a day. That's a fine 2019 class, very balanced, and if Brooks wants to join also, fine with me.

The "this lit a fire" theory was just fan speak because we all knew Duke kicked out butt last fall/winter on the recruiting trail.

It's hard admitting someone does it better than Cal now, but that's the truth. I don't mind being #2, but I do mind being #2 when the gulf of separation is 34 points and we keep losing 70% of our recruiting battles to the team that just tea bagged our program.

He's not that soft but he is softer than Stewart, who physically abused Wiseman. I'd promise Stewart the world, get McDaniels and call it a day. That's a fine 2019 class, very balanced, and if Brooks wants to join also, fine with me.

Doesn’t matter who we get. Cals gone soft and undisciplined. Until he changes himself ... players won’t matter

The "this lit a fire" theory was just fan speak because we all knew Duke kicked out butt last fall/winter on the recruiting trail.

It's hard admitting someone does it better than Cal now, but that's the truth. I don't mind being #2, but I do mind being #2 when the gulf of separation is 34 points and we keep losing 70% of our recruiting battles to the team that just tea bagged our program.

I’m ok with the 12th recruiting class as long as they play with pride and win games. Cal’s system no longer works because Cals too soft now. Cals teams never gave up 2015 and before

Problem is we are about to not be number 2. People, listen. You can't perform this way and keep up. That's why Cal lost ybe top 5 guys who want to win titles. They went to K after 15 ..

Self has all the ammo he needs to surpass Cal in legacy and recruiting. We better wake up and Cal better lose the ego.

For those that think these kids dont care about titles, there's another gut shot to your mass.

Problem is we are about to not be number 2. People, listen. You can't perform this way and keep up. That's why Cal lost ybe top 5 guys who want to win titles. They went to K after 15 ..

Self has all the ammo he needs to surpass Cal in legacy and recruiting. We better wake up and Cal better lose the ego.

For those that think these kids dont care about titles, there's another gut shot to your mass.

We're #2 in the eyes of recruits. That's what I mean. Until Kansas starts tromping us on the recruiting field, I won't look at them the way you currently do.

Lord guys.

Watch Maxey. Hes not an answer. He's another 7-10 recruit with flaws and will leave after one year. That will not cut it.

Is no one paying attention.

Until Cal RETURNS guys like Maxey, he better have Zion. It's that simple. And they need to return for 3 years to be championship effective.

You've got UNC returning all their players. Villanova has a system that works. Duke lands the OAD studs.

And we will compete with fringe OAD or a few sophomores ranked 10-25?

Wake up

Lord guys.

Watch Maxey. Hes not an answer. He's another 7-10 recruit with flaws and will leave after one year. That will not cut it.

Until Cal RETURNS guys like Maxey, he better have Zion. It's that simple. And they need to return for 3 years to be championship effective.

You've got UNC returning all their players. Villanova has a system that works. Duke lands the OAD studs.

Wake up

You're preaching to the already-convinced, homey. Look at this message board today, man. Anyone in the neutral area is fully embracing reality this morning.

Reactions: morgousky
Lord guys.

Wake up

I agree with you, but Maxey IMO, would be the best player on this Kentucky team right now. This team has a lot of average to good players without one specific skill set that translates to the next level. The only guy who should leave would be PJ only because he's made up in his mind that he's gone no matter what.

That he should have reclassified even if it made Quade transfer to Midwestern Philadelphia Junior Bible College.

Would have loved Maxey to be on this team but next year would likely be that much uglier without the kid.

We have media that cover for the coach and the program, just like every other big time program.

But that's all it is. It's spin. It's about keeping interest high. Putting asses in seats.

If everyone was honest about how far we've fallen off, we wouldn't have a huge surge in optimism and interest.

Reactions: morgousky
The only silver lining to last year's mediocre (by UK standards) season was the fact that three kids came back.

Then Duke happens, and even that silver lining becomes nothing more than a quickly melting iceberg from which your whole foundation was built.

The only silver lining to last year's mediocre (by UK standards) season was the fact that three kids came back.

Then Duke happens, and even that silver lining becomes nothing more than a quickly melting iceberg from which your whole foundation was built.

And the three guys who came back looks like they have regressed. I don't know how Richards and Green were All Americans.

Tell the truth. When did you finally turn on tubby?

I knew Tubby was wrong after the Rondo years. Let's not pretend that Calipari and his success is anything close to as bad as Tubby's last 3-4 years. Do me a favor and name me one coach that is attainable that could do a better overall job as Calipari?

I knew Tubby was wrong after the Rondo years. Let's not pretend that Calipari and his success is anything close to as bad as Tubby's last 3-4 years. Do me a favor and name me one coach that is attainable that could do a better overall job as Calipari?

If we lose 9 games this year and fail to make the final four then Cals last 4 years and tubby’s last four years would be similar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT