ADVERTISEMENT

The son of UK Legacy (James Blackmon) is in the portal – and he’s good.

G-PIP

Senior
Mar 14, 2014
I don’t know about his defense, but 6’3” Stetson Guard Jalen Blackmon can score with the best. 21.3 ppg/ 42.8 FG%/ 38.1 3pt.% (on more than 8 attempts per game). He’s been first-team All-Conference (ASUN) for the last two seasons.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If cal was smart he would go get him and not waste time. A legacy kid AND he fills a need. He have a scholarship today If I was cal.

Reactions: tomrain
If we had a real coach that gave a $hit about our prestige Blackmon’s son, Mashburn’s son, and of course Reed would be here a 2nd year. They would all be a here for next year. Who’s to say that Mashburn and Blackmon even want their kids to play for this con artist!

yeah mashburn jr was terrible last year, thats a no from me. Really don't care about legacy players, just want the best available to come here, since our space is limited I'll take two transfers 1 shot blocker and 1 sharp shooter.

I’d definitely check on Blackmon if I were Kentucky. Looks like a really good player who could help us next season. Love me some Jamal Mashburn also, just think we can get a little more than young Mash this go around. We need to get tougher and fight so much harder next season, with a couple good returning to go with a few new guys we’ll see I suppose.

Haven't seen a 2 guard in the portal yet that's better than Tyrin Lawrence.
IMO, it's smart to go with the super senior for max effect.
Should be an easy in for UK since we know Brad knows him well.
We've yet to see any big fish in the portal thus far like Dickenson, Love or Knenct.

Saw him play. If you want more physicality, this is not your dude.

He did light Austin Peay up.
Pretty much built like his father, isn't he? ON the thinner side and long limbed, but not lanky.

By the way, I recently started watching The Rockford Files from the beginning (6 seasons). Great show. I assume from your avatar (is that the right word?) you're a fan of the show too.

Pretty much built like his father, isn't he? ON the thinner side and long limbed, but not lanky.
He is indeed. When I saw him play (had a big game) he did not scream out “High D1 talent"

However, I am no expert. I thought Reed “might” be an impact player his first year.
By the way, I recently started watching The Rockford Files from the beginning (6 seasons). Great show. I assume from your avatar (is that the right word?) you're a fan of the show too.
Yes, I am a huge fan. Loved James Garner.

Since you are watching, say hello to Angel for me. He owes me $50

Last edited:
Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT