Florida: 0-2 vs Q1, 1-0 vs Q2
Vanderbilt: 0-1 vs Q1, 0-1 vs Q2
Mississippi: 2-0 vs Q2
LSU: 1-0 vs Q1, 1-1 vs Q2
Georgia: 0-2 vs Q1, 0-1 vs Q2
South Carolina: 1-0 vs Q2

SEC vs Quad 1: 8-14
SEC vs Quad 2: 6-3

And a lot of the Quad 2 wins are not ones that are likely to stick as conference play begins.

There is no reason Kentucky shouldn't win this league going away.

Last edited:
Alabama: 1-1 vs Q1
Tennessee: 0-3 vs Q1
Arkansas: 0-2 vs Q1, 1-0 vs Q2
Kentucky: 0-1 vs Q1
Texas A&M: 2-1 vs Q1, 1-0 vs Q2
Auburn: 0-1 vs Q1
Missouri: 0-1 vs Q1
Mississippi State: 1-0 vs Q1, 2-0 vs Q2

SEC vs Quad 1: 8-15

And a lot of the Quad 2 wins are not ones that are likely to stick as conference play begins.

UK in a very good position with our bigs back.

They spent their mid week practices circling the Kentucky game on their calendars, instead of actually working on basketball.

I want to root for this league, but I can't until they start treating their schedule with the same intensity as they treat their matchup with UK.
Business as usual in the SEC. It will be a while before you get to root for the SEC. I stopped trying several years ago for the very reason you state

I dispensed with the notion that I should cheer for the SEC in basketball after became eminently clear that none of them cheer for us. In fact, most seem to take great joy in seeing UK lose the tournament (especially Tennessee fans).
We should embrace being the Oakland Raiders of the SEC, if only Cal would buy in and coach accordingly

I dispensed with the notion that I should cheer for the SEC in basketball after became eminently clear that none of them cheer for us. In fact, most seem to take great joy in seeing UK lose the tournament (especially Tennessee fans).
Can you blame them? I never understood the whole “cheer for the conference” stuff.

Exactly right.

None of the SEC teams pull for us.

At the SEC tourney what little fans come for the other schools they all root against UK.

Evaluating quad wins and losses in November is silly.

Also, you have UT wrong since they only have two losses. But those two losses were to the #1 and #2 ranked teams. They've beaten Syracuse and Wisconsin also.

I’m just hoping we can get back to having a winning record against OOC ranked teams. Everyone is so tired of getting hyped for a big game and then not getting the job done. Miami game is huge. We can continue to build momentum or we will be back on here making excuses of if that and if this. 7 footers or not, we had Kansas dead and let it slip away. With this team if we don’t get a 1,2 or 3 seed in the tournament we will have underachieved again.

Alabama: 1-1 vs Q1
Tennessee: 0-3 vs Q1
Arkansas: 0-2 vs Q1, 1-0 vs Q2
Kentucky: 0-1 vs Q1
Texas A&M: 2-1 vs Q1, 1-0 vs Q2
Auburn: 0-1 vs Q1
Missouri: 0-1 vs Q1
Mississippi State: 1-0 vs Q1, 2-0 vs Q2

SEC vs Quad 1: 8-15

UT has no excuse to suck this much this early. Near does AU. Both have deeply experienced SEC coaches.

Arkansas kinda gets a pass to basically having a brand new team of guys (albeit older ones).

We've got a brand new team where NOBODY has played together.

Ole Miss, UGA, and UF have new coaches or basically coaches still rebuilding (White is in year 2.)

Oh completely
They’d almost rather see us lose than their own teams win
Which is really funny because it’s not so prevalent with football. Loved all the positivity from other SEC fans towards us after beating Louisville yesterday

Water wet.

Oh, you're just being brainwashed by espn and the lame stream media that doesn't want the SEC to be good in basketball, for unknown reasons. We're the third best conference in America 😅😅

I want Kentucky to dominate a strong conference.
I don't necessarily root for other schools, but I want them to win.
Can't complain about ncaa seeding if we have no big wins in Fenruary and March.
Plus, it's fun to play in big important games during conference.
Wish they would step it up.

It's early but the SEC has six teams ranked in KenPom's top 20 - the most of any conference. The league is lightyears ahead of where it was 10-15 years ago in terms of coaching, talent and commitment to basketball. Greg Sankey deserves a ton of credit IMO

It's early but the SEC has six teams ranked in KenPom's top 20 - the most of any conference. The league is lightyears ahead of where it was 10-15 years ago in terms of coaching, talent and commitment to basketball. Greg Sankey deserves a ton of credit IMO
UT has no excuse to suck this much this early. Near does AU. Both have deeply experienced SEC coaches.

Arkansas kinda gets a pass to basically having a brand new team of guys (albeit older ones).

Ole Miss, UGA, and UF have new coaches or basically coaches still rebuilding (White is in year 2.)
I hate Tennessee, but I’m thinking they have only lost 2 games and both were top 5 teams .

And now A&M is getting blasted by Iowa State.

I said all summer long that we were the best team in the SEC except for maybe Tennessee.

But honestly this concerns me.

If we lose to Miami and UNC, we might be heading into a mediocre conference season with no quality wins and fewer chances to prove ourselves and add to our resume than originally intended.

Reactions: RunninRichie
And now A&M is getting blasted by Iowa State.

I said all summer long that we were the best team in the SEC except for maybe Tennessee.

But honestly this concerns me.

If we lose to Miami and UNC, we might be heading into a mediocre conference season with no quality wins and fewer chances to prove ourselves and add to our resume than originally intended.
long game A&M now up 4 with 11 to go

Purdue and KU. They play UNC Wed. Be interesting to see how they do.

Lost to KU by a similar margin as we did. But definitely did not have them down like we did though.
Who are we for Wednesday? I want them both to lose , lol .

Who are we for Wednesday? I want them both to lose , lol .
If we boil it down to logic though, I guess we pull for UT, as we play them twice. But it could also be argued, UNC really hasn't played anyone so, them winning would help their NET ranking.....and we only get one shot at them.....

Power outage......I'm rooting for a power outage.

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai

Players play the game. Not the coaches.

I could care less what other SEC teams do. I hope Tennessee loses every damn quad 1 game. None of the SEC wants UK to win. Screw em..

I could care less what other SEC teams do. I hope Tennessee loses every damn quad 1 game. None of the SEC wants UK to win. Screw em..
UT is the only team I hate enough in conference to go with this. Every one else I want to do well to increase the quality of competition. UT? Nah, screw em.

Reactions: gharding07
I would tend to disagree with the op in that the SEC has taken on a fairly rigorous schedule and had some good wins with the bad losses. UK should have beaten KU but, youthful mistakes turned into baskets for the Jayhawks, etc.

Tennessee has one of the most experienced teams in the country and Arkansas has played 2 top ten teams. The SEC will be pretty strong once conference play begins and I look for several losses for UK - especially if they don’t t have a shot blocker/rim protector. Tennessee, TAMU, Arkansas, Alabama and Auburn will all be solid teams - UK just needs to get Bradshaw and Z in the line up.

Reactions: dl51344
I would tend to disagree with the op in that the SEC has taken on a fairly rigorous schedule and had some good wins with the bad losses. UK should have beaten KU but, youthful mistakes turned into baskets for the Jayhawks, etc.

Tennessee has one of the most experienced teams in the country and Arkansas has played 2 top ten teams. The SEC will be pretty strong once conference play begins and I look for several losses for UK - especially if they don’t t have a shot blocker/rim protector. Tennessee, TAMU, Arkansas, Alabama and Auburn will all be solid teams - UK just needs to get Bradshaw and Z in the line up.

The SEC doesn't really have many good wins. A lot of "quality losses" though.

I am not one to cheer for the SEC for this exact reason. Oddly enough they don't even cheer for us in football either. I get basketball since we have dominated the conference since the beginning of time but you would think they would cheer for UK in football. Nope.

The SEC is very good at the top this year, nothing that has happened so far this year has changed my mind on that. The only team that looks slightly worse than projected is Arkansas, and I still am not going to write them off yet.

UT has played a tough schedule and Ziegler is not 100%. Vescovi is also playing horrible, I don't expect that to last.

A&M looks solid, they lost to a very, very good FAU team that would likely win the SEC or be right there at the end.

Bama looks better than expected. They still are capable of throwing in clunkers but also can beat anyone on any night. Just there style. I haven't broken down schedules yet but if they get a favorable one I could see them winning the league.

I also think Auburn is being slept on. They lost a nail biter to what should be a top 25 Baylor team and then have blown out the rest of their schedule.

Between Us, UT, A&M, Bama, & Auburn I think this is going to be one of the most competitive regular seasons ever. I'm not counting out Arkansas yet either.

Reactions: Jazzycat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT