ADVERTISEMENT

For the NIL knowledgeable

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
I thought the driving principle for NIL was in theory rewarding a player for work and success. Having said that, do the NIL participants have the right to rescind payment in case of poor performance? Sayyyyyy...Wagner or Bradshaw? Or could that fact be a reason for kids hitting that transfer portal....they didn't reach potential, their NIL dried up and they want to re up somewhere else?
Just askin...

I thought the driving principle for NIL was in theory rewarding a player for work and success. Having said that, do the NIL participants have the right to rescind payment in case of poor performance? Sayyyyyy...Wagner or Bradshaw? Or could that fact be a reason for kids hitting that transfer portal....they didn't reach potential, their NIL dried up and they want to re up somewhere else?
Just askin...
Nobody knows, there is no standard across basketball for each NIL deal. We know some have taken money and even left the school, and some businesses ended up not paying what they said they would. I’d assume there would be some sort of contract but only the agent and business know that.

I thought the driving principle for NIL was in theory rewarding a player for work and success.
The most money goes to the best proven talent. Then it goes to the best potential talent. Hard work/achievement are low dollar earners.
, do the NIL participants have the right to rescind payment in case of poor performance? Sayyyyyy...Wagner or Bradshaw?
No. These are contracts, and are not based on pay-for-play. Or pay for enrolling in a college. They are contracted to get the money as long as they live in Lexington, or, Fayetteville, or Gainesville. You can't stop paying a guy if he doesn't start, doesn't put up 15 ppg. You CAN stop paying if they transfer, and move. So they have broke the contract.

Just askin...
Can you imagine if that applied to professional athletes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT