ADVERTISEMENT

The refs

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
...ABSOLUTELY corrupt.

Stopping us on the break because of a fake injury on UNC's player

No call on a blatant open court shove by Davis on Dillingham, while calling every ticky tack foul on us in existence

Multiple face strikes by UNC players and no call or even a video review

I have a question - if the refs have to stop the game because a player lies on the floor covering his face, then every time there's a breakaway shouldn't every team do it?

...ABSOLUTELY corrupt.

No call on a blatant open court shove by Davis on Dillingham, while calling every ticky tack foul on us in existence

I have a question - if the refs have to stop the game because a player lies on the floor covering his face, then every time there's a breakaway shouldn't every team do it?
They didn’t stop play when Bradshaw went down

...ABSOLUTELY corrupt.

The missed carry on Davis, and the missed walk on Ingram were the worst missed calls of the game

I thought the officiating changed when Davis got on to them with about 7 minutes to go in the first half. I thought they got a pretty good whistle from then on. Still got the W.

They missed some calls but overall, I thought they let em play. Coulda called bacot for holding our guys back with his arms but we won so Go Cats!

Reactions: bigbluelou
The carry that RJ Davis had late in the game was absolutely criminal. I understand that a lot of normal dribbling is borderline carrying so refs should be hesitant to call it, but the ball was over his damn head.
The ball can be as high as you want as long as your hand is on top of the ball. There were some terrible calls/no calls but that wasn’t one

...ABSOLUTELY corrupt.

Totally biased.

...ABSOLUTELY corrupt.

Stoops would agree. 😄

Cal should break out the injury rifle!

The ball can be as high as you want as long as your hand is on top of the ball. There were some terrible calls/no calls but that wasn’t one
I’d have to see the replay again. Seemed too high for him to get an easy palm that is clear over the top. The point being, is that every possession features some sort of carry. They’re just more commonly called on super high bounces like that.

...ABSOLUTELY corrupt.

I have just started watching and with 3 minutes to play in the first half we have gotten no calls on our end of the floor. Atrocious officiating but that is the way it has been for the last umpteenth years.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The missed carry on Davis, and the missed walk on Ingram were the worst missed calls of the game
I was at the game and didn’t get to see a replay of the block on Dillingham that looked like a Goaltend. That wasn’t even reviewed. But it looked like an obvious Goaltend from underneath the goal where I was sitting.

I was at the game and didn’t get to see a replay of the block on Dillingham that looked like a Goaltend. That wasn’t even reviewed. But it looked like an obvious Goaltend from underneath the goal where I was sitting.
I though so to, the UNC guy definitely went through the net, but it was kinda at a weird angle

All this money on the line you know someone’s getting paid off. I absolutely hate college basketball officiating. It’s obviously corrupt!
The moving screens on unc were almost every play they had got open but should’ve been called more than twice.

All this money on the line you know someone’s getting paid off. I absolutely hate college basketball officiating. It’s obviously corrupt!
The moving screens on unc were almost every play they had got open but should’ve been called more than twice.
a couple of those guys looked like an o-linemen

Reactions: Easternkybb
That Puerto Rico looking official has been around for 2-3 years and he is just awful. Based on what I have seen of him he must not know the rules. It’s pathetic. It just shows that that the quality of officials out there is awful and that not many people are interested in being officials. Add to the fact that the NCAA has changed the original rules of the game and you have a shit product, which college basketball has been for a long time.

...ABSOLUTELY corrupt.

They do it in the NFL all the time. A few weeks ago the Broncos head coach was caught on camera literally telling Russell Wilson to fake a leg injury as the clock was dwindling down.

But yeah, those refs were great for most of the first half, until we got up 11, and then what do you know, fouls, no calls, etc. The only thing that will ever make this go away is post-game ref press conferences. Public accountability.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The carry that RJ Davis had late in the game was absolutely criminal. I understand that a lot of normal dribbling is borderline carrying so refs should be hesitant to call it, but the ball was over his damn head.
And they called one of their favorites against UK - the guard travel at the top of the key when they start their lane attack. I think it was Thiero. Every time I see that call (we used to get it a LOT more), I say "you idiot ref - that's not and never will be a travel!"

And they called one of their favorites against UK - the guard travel at the top of the key when they start their lane attack. I think it was Thiero. Every time I see that call (we used to get it a LOT more), I say "you idiot ref - that's not and never will be a travel!"
Burns my ass to a crackly crunch! It’s literally not a walk about 95% of the time. We seem to get whistled for it a lot! So much so, I believe Cal had told his teams in the past to stop with the shot fake and drive. Ludicrousp, as Iron Mike would say! 🤣

This used to be the worst call in basketball, but it's gotten better over the years. Used to send me through the roof, like you couldn't start a drive without the ball hitting the floor first. Forget the two steps "rule", no, you have to dribble the ball first before you even think about starting a drive. Ridiculous! And I was a h.s. ref in Indiana and never called that. Why? Because it's not a travel!

Overall, I think officials today let players get away with more than they did 10-15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it's still bad and inconsistent, but they're letting them play more now, which is a good trend imho.

This used to be the worst call in basketball, but it's gotten better over the years. Used to send me through the roof, like you couldn't start a drive without the ball hitting the floor first. Forget the two steps "rule", no, you have to dribble the ball first before you even think about starting a drive. Ridiculous! And I was a h.s. ref in Indiana and never called that. Why? Because it's not a travel!

Overall, I think officials today let players get away with more than they did 10-15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it's still bad and inconsistent, but they're letting them play more now, which is a good trend imho.
Yep, nearly every guard today does what I call a "scissor step" as they take off on an attack to the lane. By this I mean both feet come off the ground and nearly every time the non-pivot foot is the push off foot while the pivot foot is still in the air prior to the first dribble. But the dribble motion is started at the same time, so the ref must believe that since the pivot foot left the floor and then hit the floor before the ball did, it MUST be a travel.

Or, the guard is just so quick that the ref's eyes see something that simply didn't happen. But I think there are refs that are watching a guard specifically looking to call a travel, at least that's always how it used to be when they called this against us at least 2-3 times per game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT