ADVERTISEMENT

The refs need to explain the full nelson foul

mdlUK.1

All-American
Dec 23, 2002
I really want to know how Towns can foul while he is IN A FULL NELSON?

Don't know why towns gets called for looking at his man, let alone touch him.

I thought the same thing, but then I watched it a couple of times and Karl clinched his arms tight and wouldn't let the guy remove his arms.

Yes, explain that one and the one where Karl got hit in the face and he was called for the foul.

"Well you see what had happened was he..ummm...

Gotta catch my flight!"

Originally posted by throatpoker:
I thought the same thing, but then I watched it a couple of times and Karl clinched his arms tight and wouldn't let the guy remove his arms.
This is a true statement.

Way too many head scratching calls from that officiating crew today. I hope we don't see those clowns anymore, but we probably will.

I thought KAT was trying to break the hold by clinching his arms.

Maybe we need to hire Bobby "the Brain" Heenan to sit on our bench to Distract the refs?

Just by watching the replay how do we know he clenched his arms tight? There may have been a reason for it, the player on his back may have been doing something to him and he was trying to protect himself. The official saw what we saw.

Originally posted by kat57:

Just by watching the replay how do we know he clenched his arms tight? There may have been a reason for it, the player on his back may have been doing something to him and he was trying to protect himself. The official saw what we saw.
I agree. I don't understand the double foul there. The action went on for a few seconds with no call at all. Then, by that time Towns is reacting to being grabbed/fouled from behind (which, by the way, put Karl in a very vulnerable situation). No way should KT have been called for a foul there. I wonder if the officials reviewed this at all? Maybe it was not a reviewable play?

Dude lifted KAT off of the ground long before that, the foul should have been called then, even if what you say is true, the fouls were not simultaneous, therefor NOT a double foul, call the first one.

My point is that, even if Towns clinched his arms, how could he have possibly "pinned" the a&m players arms if they weren't already wrapped around him.

It's a chicken shit call where the ref basically admits he didn't see anything on the play until the aftermath.

It's pretty simple. The ref was never, ever going to blow his whistle against Texas AM on that play until Towns FORCED him to actually a call a foul. Once Towns forced his hand (the ref would have preferred to just whistle Towns) he knew he had to call a foul on the player who had initiated it all, so he called one on both.

Originally posted by Seth C:
It's pretty simple. The ref was never, ever going to blow his whistle against Texas AM on that play until Towns FORCED him to actually a call a foul. Once Towns forced his hand (the ref would have preferred to just whistle Towns) he knew he had to call a foul on the player who had initiated it all, so he called one on both.
Seems like that has happened a lot lately. There have been plays where one of KY's guys have been fouled twice on a play and finally when they foul for the third time it is called. Come on officials call the first one.

keep-calm-and-say-chicken-shit.png

It was the right call. There are many to gripe about, but I don't believe this is one. The bald ref made me miss Karl Hess.

Originally posted by ktbug:
It was the right call. There are many to gripe about, but I don't believe this is one. The bald ref made me miss Karl Hess.
No it wasn't. Perhaps by the time he MADE a call it looked right, but had he called the first foul, when it happened, rather than wait until it became a double foul several seconds later, that would have been the actual right call. Letting one player grab another and waiting till the other guy fights back before you whistle anything is not, under any circumstance, the right call.

Originally posted by ftp000:

Dude lifted KAT off of the ground long before that, the foul should have been called then, even if what you say is true, the fouls were not simultaneous, therefor NOT a double foul, call the first one.
Exactly right , that foul was there way before Karl got fed up and asserted in self defense.

So the guy is allowed to rap his arms around Towns body and because Towns lifts his arms it's a double foul?
laugh.r191677.gif

If Bobby the Brain helped us out, the big KAT would've been hiding some brass knuckles in those shorts.

How the hell did that dude's arms even get in the position to have Townes clamp down to begin with????

If you look the video the first foul is when TAM player get his arm underneath towns, which isn't a big deal, but then he lifts his arm up even so he was underneath, and which point he lifts Towns. (If he was unlocking he should have lowered his arm). Go opposite of towns, on the other hand towns lifted his hand up because he was above him.

Towns is like wtf, and then leans forward and clutches him at the same time and lifts him. Then drops his ass.

That was terrible call.

I still don't understand why they didn't review the punch in the face that booker received. That was EFFED up. That was beyond bad. It was pretty obvious...

Originally posted by WildMoon:
If you look the video the first foul is when TAM player get his arm underneath towns, which isn't a big deal, but then he lifts his arm up even so he was underneath, and which point he lifts Towns. (If he was unlocking he should have lowered his arm). Go opposite of towns, on the other hand towns lifted his hand up because he was above him.

Towns is like wtf, and then leans forward and clutches him at the same time and lifts him. Then drops his ass.

That was terrible call.

I still don't understand why they didn't review the punch in the face that booker received. That was EFFED up. That was beyond bad. It was pretty obvious...
That one and Towns 5th foul were just horrendous. How in the world those are called is beyond me. Really makes you wonder about the objectivity of these refs.

What were his arms doing there in the 1st place????

Fouling.

Originally posted by Seth C:
You are probably correct .

Could have sworn that KAT shoved an A&M player very hard into the rim support a few plays earlier and the refs didn't see it. If so (and if it was the same player), the 'full nelson' may have been payback. Again, I don't have DVR, so not sure if the A&M player was shoved. Would love for someone to go back a few plays earlier and check this and report back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT