ADVERTISEMENT

OT. I’m moving from Florida to Northern Kentucky

What segment of the air cargo industry is suffering? Everything I read says it is growing robustly and in need of workers.

For workers, it is suffering. I know. Manufacturing is slowing to a crawl up here, and if you're not making stuff, you're not shipping it.

Hi all I’m moving to Northern Kentucky next week. I’ll be working at St Elizabeth hospital in Florence. I’ll be staying with my sister in Alexandria until I find a place where I want to settle. Any towns around Florence I should look at? Is Florence a good place to live? I’ve been up there to visit family but don’t know the area well enough. Looking to rent a 1 bedroom. Don’t want to break the bank but want something in a nice area. Will travel 20-30 mins for work. Any suggestions is welcome. Thx!
We'll be glad to have you here in Northern KY.

Northern Kentucky offers a variety of great places for apartment living, each with its own unique charm and amenities. Here are some of the best options:

1. Florence

Florence is a popular choice with a range of apartment complexes like Weaver Farm and Altair Luxury Apartments. It offers convenient access to shopping, dining, and entertainment, making it a vibrant place to live12.

Florence is a very congestive, but you have everything at your doorstep.

2. Covington

Covington is known for its lively urban atmosphere and historic charm. It features neighborhoods like MainStrasse Village, which is filled with restaurants, shops, and parks. The cost of living here is also relatively low compared to the national average34.

It's 15 minutes to the hospital without traffic. However, Covington is not the choice if you prefer a more rural feel.

3. Newport

Newport is another excellent option, especially for those who enjoy being close to the riverfront and the vibrant entertainment scene. It has a mix of modern apartments and historic buildings3.

It's 19 minutes to the hospital without traffic. However, Newport is not the choice if you prefer a more rural feel.

4. Fort Thomas

Fort Thomas offers a more suburban feel with excellent schools and a strong sense of community. It’s a great place for families looking for a quieter environment4.

It's 21 minutes to the hospital without traffic.

Living in Fort Thomas offers residents a sparse suburban feel, and most residents own their homes. In Fort Thomas there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Fort Thomas, and residents tend to be conservative.

5. Alexandria

Alexandria combines suburban living with rural charm. It’s ideal for those who prefer a more laid-back lifestyle while still having access to necessary amenities4.

It's 25 minutes to the hospital without traffic.

6. Independence, KY

I have lived in northern Kentucky all my life, particularly in Independence, KY. It has a rural feel and is an excellent place for a family to live.

It's 18 minutes to the hospital without traffic.

There is a lack of quality apartments, depending on your expectations.

Each of these areas has its own unique appeal, so you might want to visit a few to see which one feels like the best fit for you.

Last edited:
Hi all I’m moving to Northern Kentucky next week. I’ll be working at St Elizabeth hospital in Florence. I’ll be staying with my sister in Alexandria until I find a place where I want to settle. Any towns around Florence I should look at? Is Florence a good place to live? I’ve been up there to visit family but don’t know the area well enough. Looking to rent a 1 bedroom. Don’t want to break the bank but want something in a nice area. Will travel 20-30 mins for work. Any suggestions is welcome. Thx!

I'd stay in Alexandria tbh. I live in Campbell County and it is way less busy than Florence.

It is growing though...my guess is it will be a miniature Florence in 20 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT