ADVERTISEMENT

The Real Reason Kentucky Thumped UCLA

I'm with you CELTICAT. I lost my Mom very, very early Friday morning. Operating on little to no sleep I managed to stay up for the game last night. I hate to say it, but it was probably the least involved and emotion filled game in my lifetime. Due to the wear and tear of the day, I basically watched bits and pieces of the game like an average b'ball fan. Mom was not a big UK b'ball fan but she always wanted to see them win for my sake. And I remember watching the '96 championship game with her. Over the years I could always count on a UK related item at Christmas or birthday from her.

Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: CELTICAT
Sorry for your loss, but I too received my BBN love from my father. I never attended a game (couldn't afford it) until I was in my late 20's. Used to take me to the Freedom Hall public practices. Will never forget watching Bowie and Turpin run right by me. Now I take Dad and my son every year to at least one game.

Cherish those memories while the rest of us join you in continuing that legacy.

Great words OP. Those always looking for the negative first, think about this thread and the gifts that keeps on giving. Family, faith and Kentucky Basketball!

Very sorry for your loss. We all can understand this wonderful connection that binds families together. Treasure your memories because they are so special.

I'm with you CELTICAT. I lost my Mom very, very early Friday morning. Operating on little to no sleep I managed to stay up for the game last night. I hate to say it, but it was probably the least involved and emotion filled game in my lifetime. Due to the wear and tear of the day, I basically watched bits and pieces of the game like an average b'ball fan. Mom was not a big UK b'ball fan but she always wanted to see them win for my sake. And I remember watching the '96 championship game with her. Over the years I could always count on a UK related item at Christmas or birthday from her.

Sorry for your loss. Your post actually brought me to tears, thinking about my own mother. I lost my mom 3 years ago and she was very similar. She just wanted the Cats to do well so I was happy. So many memories of standing in long lines to get an autograph up at dixie manor. One time Scott Padgett came into the Krogers she worked at shortly after he graduated and she was so excited just to get me one of my heroes autographs. When I first started watching basketball she helped me make a scrapbook of newspaper clippings and other random items. I hope I can find that thing one day, it would mean more than a million bucks to me. This is the stuff that makes UK basketball so special to the BBN. It's not just basketball it's precious memories we have with people we will never get back. It's family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT