ADVERTISEMENT

The panic is strong

There are about 8-10 posters on this board right now who are acting like a bunch of bratty middle school girls boohooing over their date to a sweetheart dance. These drama queens are more interested in UK hiring "their guy" than what is best for the program. A few have said they'd rather have Calipari back versus a excellent coach and good man because he wasn't who THEY wanted. One poster hoped Drew's plane would crash! That's some idiotic behavior right there. Some of them have joined this board this year so, it's possible they aren't even UK fans at all but, rather are here to just stir shyt. Either way, it is them that are embarrassing the program and fanbase right now.

I’d have never called him in the first place, would’ve never looked below Billy or Hurley. The fact he made his bed with paster Scott, got tucked in and ready just for Scott to leave him hanging is embarassing no matter which way you try to spin in
See, the thing is, your post is pure SPECULATION. You have no idea who he called, who he offered, or how much was offered.

He said yes. His wife didn't. Learn the facts lmao.

If I recall correctly, Carlesimo wanted to come to UK (rumor has it), but his girlfriend did not. Or, that is what was said. Billy Gillespie looked hot for a tournament minute. He beat Rick. Hard to imagine now that he ever had the job.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The amount of money the university is willing to throw out shows desperation. This is the University of Kentucky and that alone should be enough. The right coach who’s here for the right reasons will end up here.
If we have to bribe a coach to come then he is not the right fit. The right coach would say yes first and talk money second.

The panic is strong with this fan base. It’s like dealing with my wife when she is stressed. Calm down and let this play out.
Think there is an age component to this. Many of us have already been through this and know we can weather *checks calendar*, three days of a coaching search.

Reactions: catzcan
Think there is an age component to this. Many of us have already been through this and know we can weather *checks calendar*, three days of a coaching search.
Actually 2 days. Cal didn't officially resign until Tuesday. Not even a full two days yet. LOL, people are expecting a big time coaching hire, while talking to multiple options to get resolved in 24 hours or less. They act like they are ordering a pizza. Several moving components involved, not like all of these guys just sit by their phones waiting for the call. One, just finished his season, has some loose ends to finish up with it, one is still coaching in his season. But yeap, Mitch is suppose to hire these guys in a day.

I

I am taking it easy, we can win with anyone. I’m glad it isn’t Drew and now we move on to find an actual competent basketball coach. Leave the leader of the Davidians back home in Waco, let’s go get 9.
You're gonna feel real silly if he wins another natty before we do.

I

I am taking it easy, we can win with anyone. I’m glad it isn’t Drew and now we move on to find an actual competent basketball coach. Leave the leader of the Davidians back home in Waco, let’s go get 9.
You don't think Drew is a good coach? Read up on Baylor's history before Drew

You're gonna feel real silly if he wins another natty before we do.
Cal has a better chance of winning one before us than pastor Scott does, if you fear Drew and the success he could bring to Baylor then you are misguided. Never winning you conference ever in 21 years isn’t success. He won’t do anything, just like history shows us.

No, I would tend to think 21 years in a one team conference and no conference chip to show for it is not good.
You realize Baylor has never been to tourny before Drew, they are a private school, He went there after one of their players had murdered someone, he won a title there

The panic is strong with this fan base. It’s like dealing with my wife when she is stressed. Calm down and let this play out.
I been rooting for UK for over 50 years. I guarantee you I'm not stressed one bit.
You know why? Fans have zero control over who the next coach will be.
Imagine stressing over a basketball coach. How bout stress over real life things. Like Cancer?

Reactions: catzcan and JC CATS
There are about 8-10 posters on this board right now who are acting like a bunch of bratty middle school girls boohooing over their date to a sweetheart dance. These drama queens are more interested in UK hiring "their guy" than what is best for the program. A few have said they'd rather have Calipari back versus a excellent coach and good man because he wasn't who THEY wanted. One poster hoped Drew's plane would crash! That's some idiotic behavior right there. Some of them have joined this board this year so, it's possible they aren't even UK fans at all but, rather are here to just stir shyt. Either way, it is them that are embarrassing the program and fanbase right now.
It's very embarrassing. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out some day that someone showed Drew this message board and he said, "nope, no need to deal with those idiots. I'm good."

I do t think it’s panic it’s just funny watching everyone throwing darts out to see what sticks.

You realize Baylor has never been to tourny before Drew, they are a private school, He went there after one of their players had murdered someone, he won a title there
Take away Covid and answer me this, does pastor Scott ever win it all? History would tend to say no.

Take away Covid and answer me this, does pastor Scott ever win it all? History would tend to say no.
We say the same about take away A Davis, Take Jordan from the Bulls, take Bird from the Celtics, it happened. It seems you have an issue with his religion. I dgaf if the new coach goes to Satan's temple...as long as he wins

We say the same about take away A Davis, Take Jordan from the Bulls, take Bird from the Celtics, it happened. It seems you have an issue with his religion. I dgaf if the new coach goes to Satan's temple...as long as he wins
Take away Anthony Davis and we still made it to the final four 4 times and the chip once. Take away pastor Scott’s chip and you took the whole resume that’s worth anything.

The amount of money the university is willing to throw out shows desperation. This is the University of Kentucky and that alone should be enough. The right coach who’s here for the right reasons will end up here.
That sounds like some IUsedtobe/Nebraska football style thinking.

Not much happens by magic, the work must be put in and the right decisions must be made and made with a forward focus not leaning on laurels.

LOL, "has never won anything just like his history has shown us" ??? LOL, guess that 2021 title is fake.

"Never won his conference, ever" ? Other than the two times he actually has won. Went back to back in the 20-21 season and 21-22 season.

Facts are optional when trying to shit on someone you do not want. Just make shit up and hope no one calls you out on it.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
LOL, "has never won anything just like his history has shown us" ??? LOL, guess that 2021 title is fake.

"Never won his conference, ever" ? Other than the two times he actually has won. Went back to back in the 20-21 season and 21-22 season.

Facts are optional when trying to shit on someone you do not want. Just make shit up and hope no one calls you out on it.
Didn’t realize settling for regular season championships is what we are striving for. Shit on cal for not caring about the conference tourney but your cool with considering it a won conference if you can’t do it in the conference tourney. With ur logic as long as we finish #1 in the final AP poll before the tournament starts we get to hang banner #9 regardless of how the tourney goes.

The playing field was level. Why didn't Calipari win it?
Fact is "pastor Scott" did win it and convincingly. Look at who they beat. None of those programs had anyone sitting because of Covid either. Anymore strawman arguments?

You're arguing with a troll. He became a member here on April 11th (today). Most likely a Calipari fanboy and just here to stir up shyt.

LOL, one of the idiots keeps quoting me AFTER I told him I was done engaging him and his NO FACTS based debates. More important ? Season long conference title when you play all the teams and a 18 game schedule in the best conference in college basketball ? OR a 3 day tournament title the NCAA doesn't even factor when considering seeds ? HMM, I will take the season long title over the get hot for 3 days one for $200 Alex.

I think it’s not panic, more so the fans are upset with Mitch embarrassing us and our everything (the basketball program) you go after your guy, the dude who you’ve been wanting for years and get turned down what do you expect?
How did Mitch embarass us, he is not first AD to have someone say not interested.

I been rooting for UK for over 50 years. I guarantee you I'm not stressed one bit.
You know why? Fans have zero control over who the next coach will be.
Imagine stressing over a basketball coach. How bout stress over real life things. Like Cancer?
I like my problems to be First World as possible and would like them to be Zeroeth World problems instead.

I've had plenty of real issues in life to stress about and hope cancer never becomes one.

We are talking our basketball program so in that context a coach is damn crucial.

How did Mitch embarass us, he is not first AD to have someone say not interested.
Went all in on his guy, who the fans weren’t thrilled about. Then got shot down and told to keep looking. What about that isn’t embarassing? Do you think someone staying at Baylor over Kentucky is a noble thing?

Reactions: catben
You're arguing with a troll. He became a member here on April 11th (today). Most likely a Calipari fanboy and just here to stir up shyt.
thanks for the heads up. I will not address him directly, but did call out his foolishness without naming names. Now that I know what you said, I will not even take the time to do that. Thanks my guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT