ADVERTISEMENT

The Ominous Matt Jones transfer Hint

Rupp, its his JOB! He talks about UK sports as his job bro. Its not about clicks. He didnt even post anything on the sight. He said it on his radio show. A radio show that is about UK sports! So, why wouldnt he talk about possibilities for next season? Geez! I could see you saying its about the clicks if it were someone else who doesnt primarily focus on UK sports but its not, thats what his show is about. We get that you dont like MJ, that is blatantly obvious but all your posts regarding Jones but this is a bit overboard to continuously through jabs at him over this. We know already. you dont like him.
It's not even MJ I don't like, it's the sky is falling mentality the board gets when he says something. Kyle Tucker says baker may transfer, ppl say hes an idiot. MJ says "someone may transfer" and everyones trying to figure out who it is. I get its his job, but IDT anyone on the team is leaking their transfer sentiments to MJ. Hell the season just ended, the coaches and players dont even know what the make up of the team will look like next year( Who returns, potential new commits). UK goes through this most off seasons, its silly to start look at potential transfers 4 days after the season has ended and I doubt any of the players are making any decisions until a roster is finalized.

To baker, if he's home sick he's got a whole summer to go home and be with his family.
Quickley is not going to transfer.
Richards is a potentially starting on our current roster next year why would he transfer.

Ppl on here say Cal "pushes players out" when this board is pretty much trying to do that with these types of threads.

/rantover

It's not even MJ I don't like, it's the sky is falling mentality the board gets when he says something. Kyle Tucker says baker may transfer, ppl say hes an idiot. MJ says "someone may transfer" and everyones trying to figure out who it is. I get its his job, but IDT anyone on the team is leaking their transfer sentiments to MJ. Hell the season just ended, the coaches and players dont even know what the make up of the team will look like next year( Who returns, potential new commits). UK goes through this most off seasons, its silly to start look at potential transfers 4 days after the season has ended and I doubt any of the players are making any decisions until a roster is finalized.

To baker, if he's home sick he's got a whole summer to go home and be with his family.
Richards is a potentially starting on our current roster next year why would he transfer.

Ppl on here say Cal "pushes players out" when this board is pretty much trying to do that with these types of threads.

/rantover

I can definitely agree with ya there. Great post!!

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Agreed. We've seen some players grow in their second year, we've seen others largely stay the same. I'm sure Hagans will improve... Somewhat.

But he wants the NBA and I don't want to see 4 or 5 guards share the minutes. I'm OK if he leaves and IQ and Maxey each carve up his minutes..

I would be good with that. Maxey and Quickley would be a great backcourt. Both can handle the point, both can shoot. IQ is better suited for the SG, IMHO.

Reactions: Fox2monk

/rantover
OMG!!!! unless Richards improves A LOT, I can't imagine him as a starter next year. Aren't your 5 starters SUPPOSED to be good? Or just because he's a big body he gets to start. Doesn't seem right.

OMG!!!! unless Richards improves A LOT, I can't imagine him as a starter next year. Aren't your 5 starters SUPPOSED to be good? Or just because he's a big body he gets to start. Doesn't seem right.
We have 2 big men on the roster for next year assuming PJ leaves which is a pretty safe assumption

Reactions: susan2361
Ok, may not be my bro but you're an idiot if you think he doesn't know more than this board. But if you don't like him, don't listen or click his website. How bout them apples for ya?? That's an easy fix.

The butthurt on here for Jones is epic and I cant understand it. Most fan bases would love to have a guy like MJ running a daily radio show and website exclusively for UK sports, and primarily UK basketball. But I guess there is always going to be "those" fans that want to bitch and get so butthurt about god knows what. But if you dont like it, dont tune in, thats an easy easy fix for ya.

Again, this must be said countless times: he decided to make his politics a part of the show instead of having it a show where fans could get away for two hours.

Why this has to be said over and over, I don’t know

Note: I probably haven’t listened to him in 3/4 years.

It's difficult to get guard depth with Cal's style of coaching. He likes to have two or three guards and ride them as far as he can go with them. If you don't get to play much, why sit the bench when you can go somewhere else and actually play?
Then why sign on in the first place if there are others here and Cal is recruiting over you before you even play?

Slippery slope.

Again, this must be said countless times: he decided to make his politics a part of the show instead of having it a show where fans could get away for two hours.

Lol, I listen to his show every day. Maybe once a week he mentions a political event is passing. And I would also add he tries to do it in a neutral fashion. Why so much anger? Why does he threaten you?

Reactions: 420grover
Ok, may not be my bro but you're an idiot if you think he doesn't know more than this board. But if you don't like him, don't listen or click his website. How bout them apples for ya?? That's an easy fix.

The butthurt on here for Jones is epic and I cant understand it. Most fan bases would love to have a guy like MJ running a daily radio show and website exclusively for UK sports, and primarily UK basketball. But I guess there is always going to be "those" fans that want to bitch and get so butthurt about god knows what. But if you dont like it, dont tune in, thats an easy easy fix for ya.
I don’t listen. And anything that comes from him - when it gets posted - can be found on here before he says it.

No fan base wants him. He drools hatred more than anything. He talks to hear his head rattle.

He is one of the main reasons our fan base is looked at negativity by others.

Then why sign on in the first place if there are others here and Cal is recruiting over you before you even play?

Slippery slope.

Yep.

Which is why I think Cal needs to sign some Kentucky kids, who don't mind sitting the bench behind 5-stars, for depth.

About the only high quality upperclassman reserve guard we have had was Hawkins.

Would be nice to have Hollingsworth (WKU) and Beverly (NCSU) coming off the bench as Juniors next season.

Matt said on the show today that he thinks we could lose 1 to transfer.

Who do you think is likely to transfer?

Quickley makes sense if Hagans comes back AND we've got Maxey coming

Baker--reportedly home sick--probably still a backup next season

Richards? Honestly seems like a weird year for him to go. He's in line to start

In order of likelihood, I would go:
Baker
Quickley
Richards

Baker is reportedly home sick, and he saw he was last in line (among scholarship players this year). Maybe he isn't willing to wait.

Quickley I think could move ahead of Hagans, those 2 offer different things, but it's close! Maxey will probably be ahead of both. But I think it's possible Quickley could be our starting 2 if Herro leaves. He has to look at his 37% shooting and 1 assist every 15.5 minutes and realize he didn't deserve to play more.

Richards, can surely see that Cal wants him to succeed. But he can't do it for him. He can see his own lapses. I only see him leaving if he is unhappy with how Cal coaches/treats him.

Yep.

Which is why I think Cal needs to sign some Kentucky kids, who don't mind sitting the bench behind 5-stars, for depth.

About the only high quality upperclassman reserve guard we have had was Hawkins.

Would be nice to have Hollingsworth (WKU) and Beverly (NCSU) coming off the bench as Juniors next season.

Yeah, but I'm sure it's not easy finding those (guys willing to sit for 3, maybe 4, years, when they can start pretty early elsewhere).
Next year there are 3 top 150 KY kids on Rivals. We got Allen (55). The other 2 are at 100 & 103, and went to Xavier & UL. The UL one went to Trinity, so that in-town connection is hard to beat. Maybe we could have gotten Tandy (going to Xavier) or maybe not.

He started as a freshman so why not as a junior?

He started as a freshman so why not as a junior?
Maybe because he hasn't gotten much better and there are players better than him. His heart doesn't seem to be in it. I wonder if perhaps he was convinced to play bb in high school (I believe someone said he didn't start playing until he was 15) because he was tall and someone thought he would be good. I have seen that happen before. I've witnessed it personally. Nothing personal against Nick. He seems like a nice kid. But I have seen it before where someone (family, hs coaches, etc.) has convinced a guy to play.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Matt said on the show today that he thinks we could lose 1 to transfer.

Who do you think is likely to transfer?

Quickley makes sense if Hagans comes back AND we've got Maxey coming

Baker--reportedly home sick--probably still a backup next season

Richards? Honestly seems like a weird year for him to go. He's in line to start
no I think baker goes back out west Hagans to the nba quickley and maxey cover the guard positions

I don’t listen. And anything that comes from him - when it gets posted - can be found on here before he says it.

No fan base wants him. He drools hatred more than anything. He talks to hear his head rattle.

He is one of the main reasons our fan base is looked at negativity by others.

Lmao!! Ok.....BRO!

That is literally about 5% of the show.....IF THAT! Even that's being generous. Its impossible to fill 2 hours a day with UK basketball stuff. I dont like it either but its an extremely small percentage of the actual show. If you hate him for that reason and can't understand that he has other interest but still gives 95% of the show to UK, then I dont know what to tell you. How can people not be logical enough to understand this?

If you haven't listened in that long, how do you know what's on his show?? It really seems funny that the people who don't listen are always the ones that complain about the show's content. I mean really?? How do you know anything if you haven't listened in 4 years? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Reactions: RobJones1978
I will have to eat some crow if it is Baker....some people on here brought this up before and I've laughed it off because he will end up being an almost 24 yo SR if he transfers.

Don’t need anyone transferring. Those are the ones that hurt minus Quade I felt like all of our transfers would’ve helped the team the following years in a major way.

Imo IQ came here as a 2-3 year player and don’t feel like he is going anywhere.

Don’t know how true the home sick rumor is about Baker but if true I’d say him. Even though I don’t want him to transfer.

I don’t want anyone transferring.

That is literally about 5% of the show.....IF THAT! Even that's being generous. Its impossible to fill 2 hours a day with UK basketball stuff. I dont like it either but its an extremely small percentage of the actual show. If you hate him for that reason and can't understand that he has other interest but still gives 95% of the show to UK, then I dont know what to tell you. How can people not be logical enough to understand this?

If you haven't listened in that long, how do you know what's on his show?? It really seems funny that the people who don't listen are always the ones that complain about the show's content. I mean really?? How do you know anything if you haven't listened in 4 years? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Well, I know folks that listen...that answer your question?

It wouldn’t make sense for any of the bigs to leave. It might be just Nick, EJ, and a grad transfer. Even if you don’t start, if you are decent, you will play plenty.

I could definitely see Baker or Quickley leave if Hagans and/or Herro come back. With Maxey coming in, you have to question how much you’d play. It’s not like we’re gonna play a lot of three guard lineups with all of the wing/forwards we have coming in.

It wouldn’t make sense for any of the bigs to leave. It might be just Nick, EJ, and a grad transfer. Even if you don’t start, if you are decent, you will play plenty.

I could definitely see Baker or Quickley leave if Hagans and/or Herro come back. With Maxey coming in, you have to question how much you’d play. It’s not like we’re gonna play a lot of three guard lineups with all of the wing/forwards we have coming in.

I’d rather have Hagans leave and IQ stay.

I’ve had enough of Hagans.

Kyle Tucker tweeted Baker might transfer a few days ago. Idk why just bc MJ says it today its "News".
Perhaps because if Kyle says it nobody on this board pays attention to it? Matt actually referred to Kyle's tweet when discussing the possibility of who might transfer.

We can not lose anybody. We already gonna lose our starting 5 from a team that wasn't deep as was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT