ADVERTISEMENT

The Official: "Please forgive me, Coach Pitino, for all the things I use to say about you" Thread

Never hated Pitino or bad mouthed him. I was more hurt than anything bc I knew first hand what type of coach he was. What could've been šŸ˜Œ??? Glad things are better now and I hope BBN will accept him for the great accomplishments he achieved for the program.

Nope. I feel like the things I said were justified. Just like he felt justified to flip off the UK crowd when leaving Rupp.

Reactions: KFuqua
I have never hated Pitino for anything he has done. He is human like we all are and makes mistakes. The fact that he was always complimentary of Kentucky and wishing he had never left the program said a lot about his love for the University of Kentucky. To this day, as he shown when Coach Pope was named, he would do anything that he could to help Kentucky succeed. One thing that no one can question, the man can coach. I appreciate all he has done for this program and I hope BBN welcomes him whenever he comes next season.

Pitino earned a lot of that comedic gold. You just don't do/say the things he did during the Sypher ordeal or have Katina Powell running a jiffy lube service in your program without stuff being said. If Rick was living life right, none of that stuff would have happened.

Sorry Not Sorry Yolo GIF by Outlander

No. He is a straight up bad person. I'd be ashamed if he still represented my alma mater.
His table dance with Sypher was not a good day. From that personal issue he certainly panicked when presented with a psycho who said she was preggo. I always believed that was BS and a blackmail opportunity. Beyond that I doubt he had direct knowledge of what was going on in Minardi Hall. From people I know who were close to him they insulated him from things...plausible deniability. He basically allowed things to happen but without direct knowledge of the seedy details. I think his staff went too far and that took him down. Deservedly so. But Jurich knew too. Jurich was the bigger evil. JMHO

His table dance with Sypher was not a good day. From that personal issue he certainly panicked when presented with a psycho who said she was preggo. I always believed that was BS and a blackmail opportunity. Beyond that I doubt he had direct knowledge of what was going on in Minardi Hall. From people I know who were close to him they insulated him from things...plausible deniability. He basically allowed things to happen but without direct knowledge of the seedy details. I think his staff went too far and that took him down. Deservedly so. But Jurich knew too. Jurich was the bigger evil. JMHO
Thatā€™s not much of an improvement in my opinion. Has he ever publicly apologized for what happened under watch? We arenā€™t talking petty crimes, recreational drugs, or paying recruits here. Weā€™re talking about a sex trafficking ring soliciting minors for sex.

I donā€™t give a crap about him leaving Kentucky for the Celtics or coming back to coach Louisville or flipping Rupp Arena off. Itā€™s the world of sports and it made me spirited at the time but of course I forgave that. Flipping us the bird, who cares. Iā€™ve flipped the bird to people before in bouts of rage that I now regret, I donā€™t judge him for that.

But what happened at that school was bad. Really bad. But thatā€™s not even for me to forgive. Thatā€™s for the underage girls forced into sex labor at the university of Louisville so they could get some good recruits. Idk man. I try really hard to judge others the same way I want God to judge me but that whole mess makes it hard for anyone involved.

I mean, even if the plausible deniability theory is true (did he ever claim that?) why would he ever feel he needed plausible deniability? Itā€™s not like if he didnā€™t know they wouldnā€™t fire him anyway or the ncaa wouldnā€™t strip the wins anyway. The only thing he would need plausible deniability for was if his staff was conducting illegal activity under federal or state law. And when youā€™re seeking plausible deniability for federal/state law for recruiting activitiesā€¦ idk man, heā€™s too old and experienced in life to not know SOMETHING messed up was going on.

Like I said, the things that were sports and rivalry related- easy to forgive. But when you and/or the people who work for you start messing with kids like thatā€¦ no. Stay away from my family and stay away from our program please and thank you.

Edit- I just realized how long this was, I am sorry about that and for all the typos that are likely in it. Iā€™ve considered changing my username to something relating to typos because every time someone quotes I noticed at least 23 of them ā˜¹ļø

Thatā€™s not much of an improvement in my opinion. Has he ever publicly apologized for what happened under watch? We arenā€™t talking petty crimes, recreational drugs, or paying recruits here. Weā€™re talking about a sex trafficking ring soliciting minors for sex.

I donā€™t give a crap about him leaving Kentucky for the Celtics or coming back to coach Louisville or flipping Rupp Arena off. Itā€™s the world of sports and it made me spirited at the time but of course I forgave that. Flipping us the bird, who cares. Iā€™ve flipped the bird to people before in bouts of rage that I now regret, I donā€™t judge him for that.

But what happened at that school was bad. Really bad. But thatā€™s not even for me to forgive. Thatā€™s for the underage girls forced into sex labor at the university of Louisville so they could get some good recruits. Idk man. I try really hard to judge others the same way I want God to judge me but that whole mess makes it hard for anyone involved.

I mean, even if the plausible deniability theory is true (did he ever claim that?) why would he ever feel he needed plausible deniability? Itā€™s not like if he didnā€™t know they wouldnā€™t fire him anyway or the ncaa wouldnā€™t strip the wins anyway. The only thing he would need plausible deniability for was if his staff was conducting illegal activity under federal or state law. And when youā€™re seeking plausible deniability for federal/state law for recruiting activitiesā€¦ idk man, heā€™s too old and experienced in life to not know SOMETHING messed up was going on.

Like I said, the things that were sports and rivalry related- easy to forgive. But when you and/or the people who work for you start messing with kids like thatā€¦ no. Stay away from my family and stay away from our program please and thank you.

Edit- I just realized how long this was, I am sorry about that and for all the typos that are likely in it. Iā€™ve considered changing my username to something relating to typos because every time someone quotes I noticed at least 23 of them ā˜¹ļø
I agree. LilBrothel as I called them clearly deserved the Death Penalty. This was actual staff orchestrating prostitution. Not boosters entertaining recruits with willing Coed "Hostesses" as has happened most places. Certainly that is where the plausible deniability comes in. Did the head ball coach know or was it wink wink? I think that no program, aside from BYU, has clean hands in recruiting with "benefits."

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I agree. LilBrothel as I called them clearly deserved the Death Penalty. This was actual staff orchestrating prostitution. Not boosters entertaining recruits with willing Coed "Hostesses" as has happened most places. Certainly that is where the plausible deniability comes in. Did the head ball coach know or was it wink wink? I think that no program, aside from BYU, has clean hands in recruiting with "benefits."
I definitely agree that every program in the country except for the military academies and true religious schools are dirty (Iā€™m not saying all religious schools are clean, obviously that isnā€™t true).

But the dirtiest things Iā€™ve heard of schools doing is the players on the team taking a recruit to a party and getting them some drinks and maybe some bud. When I transferred to go to college in Lexington (12-15) I went to a lot of state street parties and there were recruits and players there. The recruits werenā€™t being offered prostitutes, but there were girls hitting on them.

So while I donā€™t think that minors as prostitutes is a thing every school does I do agree every school has shady recruiting methods. And I do think nearly every school was paying for recruits before it was legal.

I do/did hate him for going to louisville...
i am not sorry.
it was as classless as many of his other decisions.
that being said- he is easily one of the greatest coaches of basketball.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Ok, here goes. Dear R.P. I'm sorry I use to refer to you as 'the Madam of the best little whore house in Louisville '

• Haha
Reactions: JC CATS
Me and Rick are cool. Heā€™s been nothing but supportive since our hire and even offered to add to NIL. Heā€™s also taken Louisville down to levels we didnā€™t think possible.

Also, I hate to admit it, but since my disdain for Cal has grown, Iā€™ve lost the desire to hate Pitino.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Pitino earned a lot of that comedic gold. You just don't do/say the things he did during the Sypher ordeal or have Katina Powell running a jiffy lube service in your program without stuff being said. If Rick was living life right, none of that stuff would have happened.
Pitino has been in the wrong on some things but I believe he had no idea that tricks were being turned on campus. Just my gut feeling. I know coaches are responsible but you don't know what your players are truly doing when you're not around them.

• Haha
Me and Rick are cool. Heā€™s been nothing but supportive since our hire and even offered to add to NIL. Heā€™s also taken Louisville down to levels we didnā€™t think possible.

Also, I hate to admit it, but since my disdain for Cal has grown, Iā€™ve lost the desire to hate Pitino.
This.

Pitino has been in the wrong on some things but I believe he had no idea that tricks were being turned on campus. Just my gut feeling. I know coaches are responsible but you don't know what your players are truly doing when you're not around them.
I agree. A team and its staff are not connected 24-7 at the hip. Same in a company. If you are on a 1-yr contract and your job is recruiter....you cannot tell me that "liberties" are taken to get a signature just so you show the head guy you are needed...and deserve a raise. Its human nature. So did Pitino tell McGee go find a really skanky hoe and her daughters to service the recruits and their dads/handlers? I doubt that. I believe the pressure from the top to sign recruits causes an implied sense of urgency that can get out of hand. Or in the hand as it were.

It's not like it was organized by the players. It was organized by Pitino's staff. And the participants were not just current players, but also underage recruits.

I don't get the sudden urge for so many to whitewash Pitino's history. It's okay to dislike both Cal and Pitino (they are VERY similar personality wise.)

I agree. A team and its staff are not connected 24-7 at the hip. Same in a company. If you are on a 1-yr contract and your job is recruiter....you cannot tell me that "liberties" are taken to get a signature just so you show the head guy you are needed...and deserve a raise. Its human nature. So did Pitino tell McGee go find a really skanky hoe and her daughters to service the recruits and their dads/handlers? I doubt that. I believe the pressure from the top to sign recruits causes an implied sense of urgency that can get out of hand. Or in the hand as it were.
I'm retired, but I've ran a law firm and an engineering firm. If you are the boss and don't know what is going on, you are not a good boss. Treat people right, keep a thumb on the pulse. When you get a call from someone you are not recruiting, and admit that he fell in your lap, and then deny knowing that your assistant offered him money, you were not doing your job as the boss. Being the boss comes with big pay, but also big responsibiilty.

I had some choice words for Pitino when he was coaching UL, but Iā€™ve let things go. His support for coach Pope kinda softened me up a little. Itā€™s better to not hold grudges.

I donā€™t have to ask for forgiveness because I never disliked him or bad mouthed him. Best basketball coach in the entire world . Revived our program and in my mind bright us two NCAA championships since he recruited and coached the 98 team the year before .

He then took a job when he wanted to get back in college coaching when we did not have a position open. I have never understood the hate . I love him .

Reactions: LmdCat
The bitter section of our fan base who still hate Pitino is absolutely hilarious to me.

You would have thought Pitino stole their wife or something. It's old-lady-quilting-circle level of pettiness.
Many of the ones who hate him weren't even born when he was our coach, which is why they don't know good coaching from the bad crap we got from Cal.

I donā€™t have to ask for forgiveness because I never disliked him or bad mouthed him. Best basketball coach in the entire world . Revived our program and in my mind bright us two NCAA championships since he recruited and coached the 98 team the year before .

He then took a job when he wanted to get back in college coaching when we did not have a position open. I have never understood the hate . I love him .
I didn't mind him taking the UL job. Agreed that it was the best college job available. But, flipping off Rupp Arena, the whore at Porcini's. Come on, I know he's a good coach, but at this point I would rather my alma mater not be associated with him.

I've got no proof about what the man did or didn't know about Powell and her crew. I've met him though and know how he coaches and runs a program. He's a micromanager by nature and he also kept track of darned near everything going on. I have a real hard time believing that he was completely unaware of what was happening with recruits during visits. Jurich may have been in the dark about all of the particulars, but even he may have known the broad strokes as well.

Pitino's greatness as a coach or him warming up to our program doesn't change what happened. Or change my thoughts on him being around the program again.

Let me go first.

Coach P (Oops we have a new Coach P) Coach Pitino....I hope you will accept my apology for all the bad things I said about you when you were up the road coaching the other. You crushed my soul when you got on Papa John's jet and flew back with your Hog sized head boss and patriarch of the Jurich Crime Family. That really sucked. REALLY sucked.

But now that you are back up north the situation has changed. And I'll be darned....you've shown yourself to be a really stand-up guy with the New Coach P hiring. I gotta think you were hoping you'd get the call. I guess MB is not as forgiving as I am.

Anyway, I bet you will be the new Coach P's biggest fan. Please feel free to come back to the place where your Jersey hangs in the rafters, (despite my best effort to get it yanked down). I forgive you for flipping us the bird...hopefully you can forgive me/us for the things we've said. Peace.
He had high praise for Billy Clyde when we hired him too. Pitino is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I'm retired, but I've ran a law firm and an engineering firm. If you are the boss and don't know what is going on, you are not a good boss. Treat people right, keep a thumb on the pulse. When you get a call from someone you are not recruiting, and admit that he fell in your lap, and then deny knowing that your assistant offered him money, you were not doing your job as the boss. Being the boss comes with big pay, but also big responsibiilty.
Funny how Self escaped any serious backlash or punishment and he was on the FBI wiretap. He just blamed an assistant.

Pitino literally gave the BBN the finger his last time in Rupp. Eff Pitino. I have no idea how many of you have done a complete 180 on him just because of the nostalgia of Pope coming back to coach. After leaving us for our arch rival and years of bashing UK, he shouldnā€™t be welcomed back with open arms.

• Love
Pitino literally gave the BBN the finger his last time in Rupp. Eff Pitino. I have no idea how many of you have done a complete 180 on him just because of the nostalgia of Pope coming back to coach. After leaving us for our arch rival and years of bashing UK, he shouldnā€™t be welcomed back with open arms.
I will take Pitino's finger over FEBUK Destroying our program the last 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT