ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but seeing these medal winners (even in sports I don't care about) brings tears of joy to my eyes. I guess it's my patriotism for my country. It's nice to come together for a change and support our country while they compete against the world.

The 100m was insane. Dude was in last place at 40m but kept accelerating while everyone else decelerated. He had the worst start of everyone. I thought he came up short and would have easily won if it were 110m. The photo finish results surprised me.

I also really enjoyed seeing that cyclist just blow everyone away at the end. Looks like she could have went for many more miles without slowing down. She didn't even make the team, but the one who did gave her the spot. Glad she did.

The women in the swimming relay destroyed the competition. They knew they were winning and just wanted to see by how much they could. Blew the world record away.

The men unfortunately came up short of the gold in their relay. The announcer sounded like he was trying to make excuses for them citing some cheating by China recently.

The women are definitely outperforming the men in the Olympics so far. Think the men might get things going this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT